It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sleep Disorder Makes People See 'Demons'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You can move it is a matter of will power,I have experienced sleep paralysis many time's and tried to kick, grab, bite or consume the apparition, they tend to leave me mostly alone these day's.
When you are in sleep paralysis this is a state to protect your body from being injured by enacting dream sequence's physically but if you force your self it is also the key to astral projection as it may enable a conscious mind to exit the physical shell, it is not a dis-order but a ascendant state of consciousness prior to spiritual ascension while alive and most when they project or leave there body's may actually die physically so it is also dangerous if abused, if she can not move then it may be a attempt to displace her from her own body for possession or consumption of energy'.

DONT MESS WITH IT BUT FIGHT IF AN ENTITY IS PRESENT.

Sorry if this sound's wacked but trust me.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gr9g9997

Yesterday I kept getting timed out. Today a little too. I am going to reply some more to your experiences.

it then told me its not a dream, to open my eyes so i did and was unable to move, i felt so much fear, i was only able to look arround moving my eyes only.

Sleep is subjective, people will tell you that you were actually dreaming. I'll tell you about the time something similar happened to me. I moved into my mothers overhead loft after her divorce to help her settle in. I was asleep on my stomach and had a dream that someone came into the loft, sat down on the bed and placed a hand on my back.

"Now get up." I had this creepy felling it was a test of some sort to test the strength not of my body but of my spirit.

"Go ahead, get up." I struggled against the pressure the hand was placing between my shoulder blades. Like doing a pushup, I tried harder and harder to rise up off the bed.

Suddenly I rose up, fully awake. Relaxing onto the bed I realized it was just a dream... except the hand was still there. I tried again to get up but the hand pressed down on my back. Now I'm not only awake but electrified with fear.

Wait a second, wasn't I just dreaming?!

"Now turn over and look at me".

I was the only one in that bed, my mom was the only other person in the house. Nobody else lived there.

"Look at me".

"No Way !" I said.

I refused to turn and look at what ever was there, I knew it was a spirit and that scared the crap out of me. Suddenly, the hand removed from my back, and something got up off the bed. I felt the mattress rise as something stood up.

At this point I became convinced someone real was playing a trick on me. Still on my stomach I turned my head and looked and no one was there. There is no way anyone could have walked that fast across the room and down the stairs (which creak).

Others will say, you were asleep and dreaming... but they weren't there.

The struggle to get up in my sleep is what awakened me. When the hand and voice and bed movement happened I was w-i-d-e a-w-a-k-e. I heard and felt these things as surely awake as I am typing this. Creepy, freaky, scary at the time, but kind of neat now.

Later I had two more meetings with this "entity". One of those times I saw his face. Later, I met my neighbor and she asked me in to help her with something and I was dumbfounded when I saw that same face on a picture photograph of him. Who's that, I asked? "Oh, thats my ex husband, he's passed on."

Oh, I said. I have seen him around you know. She waved her hand dismissively, "Yah, he's around here somewhere" as though what I just said was nothing new to her. It wasn't. She told me they met at Fairchild, lived in the house for years before he recently died. She showed me letters from mutual friends of hers that described meeting him in their dreams as well.

Even after telling you all this others will still say that was dreaming. Ok, subjective, no proof, etc. Your experience goes beyond that though with the other stuff that you say happened...

recent experiences like having all my daughters toys that have lights or music all turned on one time, hearing footsteps in the house, feeling something brushed against me as if someone walked by me while i was sleeping on the couch, pet dog starring into nothing barking like crazy as if it where something there.

But you know the difference. Being sensitive to spirit activity is a kind of blessing and curse. They will "bug' you from time to time. But not really harm you. No harm done, am I right?

It's okay to own your space and demand they back off and leave you alone. Just say it. Say it aloud and make a little prayer for intervention. You believe you see demons, call on angels... you would be surprised.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sleep Paralysis is always fascinating.
Love hearing the stories. I will have to agree it would be terrifying, but I would definitely take the advice of the one's who have confronted their sleep paralysis issue. I see no reason whether you believe it is real or not that if you have this problem you should confront it and take control of it (the fear).

reply to post by Raxoxane

The way you described your story, to me it sounds like you were still asleep. Waking and sitting up in your bed, seeing something strange then relaxing enough to fall back asleep? why on earth would you fall asleep if the entity you saw could have been your late father? If it were me, I lost my father at 14 I would not have fallen back asleep unless I was already sleeping.

reply to post by esteay812

I like to know more. I believe SP and OBE are related and have been curious about OBE

reply to post by Kokatsi

I think if I had SP I would be doing what you have done.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Nope,i was awake.Why i felt comfy enough to go back to sleep-who knows? I do remember straining intently to see features,eyes,expression-but the way i said it,is how it was.
And i did feel badly for wanting to go back to sleep,and turning my back to it-hence the "Sorry"message mindsent.Its ok if you don't believe me though,meant in the nicest way.It must seem a bit much to believe,so no worries :-)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Btw,i always forget,of course no one online is really privy to this-i grew up in an extremely dysfunctional,very abusive family.I was adopted at 10 days old,through the direct intervention of a FM,a lifelong friend of my adoptive parents.My adoptive father(shadowpersonin question?) was'nt even in country when my adoptive mom signed papers,she told me later in life(around 8/9) that he was furious wth her for adopting me.We were close when i was a small kiddy,though he lived apart from us-we completely grew apart as time went on.I just felt-if shadowperson was him-it was sweet of him to come visit me.If not him-manners cost nothing,eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Lower vibrational beings feeding off fear. They are a sad bunch indeed. No fear!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I can see where you would believe they are related. The fact is, not only are they related, they are each an element comprised to create a larger experience. The experience is commonly called "Sleep".

I don't mean to sound condescending, it's just that many people who have not experienced SP & OBE, as-well-as other steps in the natural sleep progression, do not realize just how common these things are.

Each and everyone of us, who are healthy, experience sleep paralysis every time we fall asleep. It is quite simply a step in our natural sleep process. We are programmed to enter SP as a preventative measure, to protect us from injury.

As we navigate our nightly sleep process we eventually enter the R.E.M (Rapid Eye Movement) phase. R.E.M. is the stage where our dreams take place.

If we entered R.E.M. immediately after falling asleep, and without any of the other steps leading up to R.E.M., we run a major risk of serious injury. This is because we would quite literally act out our dreams. If you found yourself in a dream where you are an athlete running in the Olympics, without sleep paralysis you would literally flail your arms and legs just as if you were trying to run while lying in bed. Sleep Paralysis eliminates this hazard.

Most people will never experience ‘Waking Sleep Paralysis’, because their brain completes a flawless entry into their sleep state. Your conscious mind will always fall asleep before sleep paralysis is initiated and sleep paralysis is always initiated before your enter R.E.M. It is the natural progression into our routine sleep cycle.

Another bit of information that isn’t commonly realized is the fact that an average person will pass through this cycle several times during a single 8 hour sleep session. As you exit one cycle and begin another, you will not become fully awake. Instead, you will enter the stage just before Sleep Paralysis.

Many times you will hear of someone ‘talking in their sleep’, or throwing a punch, as if they are fighting someone in a dream. These accounts are the products of someone who is entering a new cycle. They have left R.E.M. sleep and have returned to the stage just before SP. This means SP is turned off while the person progresses through another cycle.

When a sleep cycle ends and a new cycle begins we are at our lightest stage of sleep. It is during this time that most people will wake up, sometimes with an urge to use the restroom or other nightly occurrences, such as checking on kids, etc.

As we settle into a nightly routine of falling asleep at about the same time and waking up in the morning at the same time, our bodies are programmed to this schedule. Our sleep cycles are automatically adjusted in a way that allows us to be ending a cycle at the time we routinely wake up.

This customized sleep cycle allows us to transition from a deep, dreaming R.E.M. sleep, to the stage where we are closest to being awake - the same stage we experience just before SP begins. This is why, when we over-sleep or wake up early, we tend to remember our dreams much easier than normal - although they quickly fade from our memory.

If you are interested in manipulating your sleep patterns to test this our, be sure to place a note pad of paper and a pen/pencil by your bed. You will need to write down the details of your dream immediately upon awakening, because they will be lost from memory within a few minutes.

Sorry for such a long description. I think it’s important to understand the basics of sleep cycles, before moving into more complex sleep state manipulation.

I mailed you the steps to take to experience SP and potential OBE on your own. I would've posted here, but it is too long and I don't want to hi-jack the thread.

Anyone else reading & interested in learning more, let me know and I'll mail you or I'll open a new thread about it.

One of the hardest parts for me to get past were the 'auditory hallucinations'. Many people describe them as a mid-range humming sound, related to the 'electrical buzzing' feeling they experience with SP.

What I hear is a little different. It's very loud and sounds like a very large piece of glass shattering. It's similar to one of those 'Rain Sticks'. A hollow stick with beads inside. When you turn it over, it sounds like heavy rain falling. Very suprising, especially when it's something you've never heard/experienced with sleep before.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Yahoo

When filmmaker Carla MacKinnon started waking up several times a week unable to move, with the sense that a disturbing presence was in the room with her, she didn't call up her local ghost hunter. She got researching. Now, that research is becoming a short film and multiplatform art project exploring the strange and spooky phenomenon of sleep paralysis. The film, supported by the Wellcome Trust and set to screen at the Royal College of Arts in London, will debut in May.

Now, that research is becoming a short film and multiplatform art project exploring the strange and spooky phenomenon of sleep paralysis. ...

Sleep paralysis happens when people become conscious while their muscles remain in the ultra-relaxed state that prevents them from acting out their dreams. The experience can be quite terrifying, with many people hallucinating a malevolent presence nearby, or even an attacker suffocating them. Surveys put the number of sleep paralysis sufferers between about 5 percent and 60 percent of the population.

Some of these stories are just bone chilling...

One man told her about his frequent sleep paralysis episodes, during which he'd experience extremely realistic hallucinations of a young child, skipping around the bed and singing nursery rhymes. Sometimes, the child would sit on his pillow and talk to him. One night, the tot asked the man a personal question. When he refused to answer, the child transformed into a "horrendous demon," MacKinnon said.

Wow.

For more info, go to the website of The Sleep Paralysis Project

Unfortunately this is misinformation. Similar to "Harlequin disease" covering up the Hybrids, and "Capgras syndrome" was created to cover up the cloning.

Much of the sabotage is a renaming of things. IE, "The Creation" was "A Construct". "Alien" and "Demon" in this case, are one and the same. They originate from the Abyss, Negative Space.

In Babylon the greys were called the "Illu/illi, or illumi" & this is the origin of the Coven Illumanati, which is also the PAPAL's Coven (Pap-Al is 'Father El'). The people called them Demon, for a reason. The Hebrew made them 'god'; "The Babylonian Slave Queen Selene's GOD, is GOD EL(ohiem) with whom Man is at War with in the War in Heaven." This is the origin of the Coven Age, "AZAZEL" was the Coven name for Alexander - this was NOT a thousand years ago, and still taught in commerce as late as the 1960s.

All priest kings must have a title name, a common name, a name for each Coven they create; and when promoted their name is changed again (Saul became Paul). All Priest Kings were Deified. Alexander Helios was "Apollo". "Enlil" was just his sumerian name. His other names were "Ba-El king of Hell" hebrew; Egyptian "Osiris"; Roman "Caesar Ptolemy"; Greek "Bacchus"; and the Papal promoted him to St. Peter - his Roman GOD name was "Jupiter". I could tell you his saxon name but it would really out 'Jesus'.

The Greys enter on the 33rd degree line. The Freemason coven that QE rules, was created by Alexander & he taught them to open the doors as "Solomon" taught him. They offer their Church Followers for food & possession. Solomon was the Hebrew name for Egyptian "SET" the Leviathan Class Serpent of the Abyss, ruler of Demons. This is who invaded. NASA recently caught a picture of one in the upper atmosphere.

SET has two branches, the El and Moloch 'owlman of cornwall'. The Moloch are Liliths people. Lilith is the hebrew coven name of Elizabeth.

These 'people' are real. It is not a dream, they have the ability to freeze you and wipe your memory. They altered the Construct & locked us inside. "Inanna" Lilith, was the last one with the Key. They threaten & hold us as a shield. Although Man has won & the division of the Families is now.

The Moloch & other families of SET are claiming that many here choose them. Once the division occurs that is it. Man is unaware that the reason that these families want them is because the Family of SET are the reptile branch. Reptiles eat mammals. The other reason is 'gain' for the Abyss. They are the Left Hand Path, which is a Sociopath. Evil is Parasitic in Nature & requires Good to feed on to survive. Good does not require Evil. So we divide. And the Law is "Set may do as he wishes to those who choose him". And this was the "terrible judge".

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In this day and age you would think these people would've research astral projection/lucid dreaming and its very close connection to sleep paralysis.

It's like one day she woke up and noticed that the earth is changing and decided to make a documentary about it without even realizing its been a major topic the last 10+ years.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey.

I have posted a few times on this forum before detailing my experience with sleep paralysis and what I termed a 'shadow demon' at the time. I absolutely love talking to people about this who have experienced it/are intrigued by it as most people will dismiss it as a weird dream or one-off hallucination - but it's really nothing like that.

About 2 years ago now, I 'woke' up to find myself in my bed, lying on my side facing away from the wall next to my bed, but everything was sort of misty like and I wasn't completely awake but alert in a lucid/sober way. Instantly, I fell the presence of an entity in my room - this is an unmistakable feeling that is recited over and over by other people who have experienced this state. Even worse is the fact that this entity also brings with it a surge of 'evil' energy, which I understand is a very nontechnical term but does the job of describing the feeling. It may be due to being in such a situation suddenly and hence a new experience of fear but it is unlike anything I have experienced IRL - and I have been in actual life threatening situations so that is quite a statement for me. I have also suffered some bad nightmares (involving phantom pain too!) but it was nothing like this state, you are AWARE this is not just a normal dream.

This feeling was quickly followed with the terrifying combination of me realising I can't move/make any sound and then SEEING this shadow demon entity slowly making its way towards my bed - that was a serious "# THISSSSSSS!" moment lol. I call the 'thing' a shadow demon because it has no identifiable features besides being a tall dark figure (much like the grim reaper with his hood on and no face) and the word demon is to simply correlate the 'evil' and dark feeling that accompanies it. As it walked towards me the fear in my heart grew exponentially and I struggled extremely hard to attempt to move/make a noise or even change my state. It got to the end of my bed and started almost 'gliding' across the side of my bed very slowly. This was the worst part by far, as I had fully comprehended it's existence at this point and could not take the feeling of 'evil' and danger this thing was radiating at me, I was sure it was about to kill/destroy me in some sense and I had basically submitted to it's desire at that point - I remember pleading in my head at the time "Please just kill me quick if you're going to do it, I'm helpless and you know this!!", which in hindsight is a very serious thought which I have never had before.

As it moved across the side of my bed it whispered something in a language I've never heard but it did sound snake-like in a sense. Immediately after those words I entered a dream, and had to confront the shadow demon in a 'fight' outside my secondary school (high school in America I believe). This was weird as even though I did have some bad memories from that school I also had some very good ones and met friends that I still carry as my brothers to this day. The fight wasn't physical in any sense either and I just remember trying to dart away from this thing and survive.

I can't remember what happened after that, and I luckily have never had such an experience again. The closest thing to that I have had happen to me since then is a 'howling demon' suddenly interrupting my dream and showing me it can manipulate it at will by inserting and taking out objects/people e.t.c. That really freaked me because when I started to research these things more I found many people had OOB experiences in this state and SAW these shadow beings manipulating their OWN BODY in their sleep and altering their dreams! WTF. There are literally whole websites and videos dedicated to these 'shadow people/beings'. I also have a friend who also sees them sometimes under the influence of a certain substance, though they seem to not be able to interact on the same level in that state.

I find the whole thing fascinating and think there is a deep truth to this. These entities may ACTUALLY be (and yes I am aware this sounds nuts lol) real beings of some sense that exist in a plane we don't usually decode in our day-to-day reality and thus they manifest in form and display activity/'toy' with us only in these strange altered states (where our body is either shut-down or severely altered from normal function) which allows our conscious self to perceive other ranges of 'reality'. Or they may be deeply complex and intricate manifestations of the ego/mind which are linked to past 'demons' as the say, which in itself is amazing and raises the question of why it is such a similar/constant experience for so many people, of all belief backgrounds (I'm personally an agnostic with no previous belief in physical demons and such).

I really hope more is researched into this on a scientific/brain activity level. I am sorry for the verrryyy long post but I wanted to be as informative as possible!

Peace.
edit on 4-4-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've had one or two episodes of Sleep Paralysis myself. The first one happened in 2003. I was on a combination of Wellbutrin for depression and Ambien to deal with my insomnia. I remember becoming conscious after being asleep and realizing I couldn't move or speak. It was one of the more terrifying and surreal experiences of my life. I had the impression that there was someone else in the room, out of sight, but very close. I'm pretty sure I hallucinated some strange sounds. I remember trying to yell or scream or turn my head, anything to get the attention of my roommate down the hall (this was in Navy Barracks overseas), but to no avail. When it passed, it was very sudden, like snapping out of a reverie. I read everything I could get my hands on about the experience, and talked with my doc about it. He concluded the Ambien had probably been the culprit, and I switched to a different drug for the duration. Just a very vivid and unsettling experience, mitigated slightly by the knowledge that it was a normal thing to happen, and not extraordinary or supernatural.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have this "disorder". I've had it my whole life. I remember as a kid going into sleep paralysis where im awake in the real world and the dream world at the same time. I would hallucinate things. The last time I did it was a demon actually. Right in the corner of my room. I just had to post this. Now to do some research because I have no idea what it is. I just know I can go into this state of mind on occasion. I've seen some gnarly stuff. Should see my dreams 0.o

EDIT Last time, with the demonic hallucination, was roughly 2 years ago.

I got stories about this sort of thing if im not the only one it happens to. Which I did..
edit on 4-4-2013 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

So what do you think is more likely that people that claim visitation actually experienced sleep paralysis or people wil sleep paralysis are actually all being visited by aliens.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The demons you see are real! They are your demons from the past and your fears from the current. It's what made you anxious in the first place!

I've had this for years. I believe It's Depression/PTSD/Anxiety related.

It happens to me if I go to bed stressed. It's gotten me in a lot of trouble with work actually. I used to have rolling dreams of waking up, getting out of bed and getting ready for work. Problem was that i was still dreaming and would "get out of bed" multiple times before I could actually wake up for real. I would think each time that I had gotten out of bed until about 5-10s (dream time) went by. So needless to say I was repremanded for being tardy all because of a misunderstood, virtually uncontrolable issue.

Other than that, the scary stuff has gone away and I believe it's because i faced my turbulent past and am finally at peace with myself.
My secret to get out of it used to be trying to roll over. All you really need to do to wake up is move a part of your body, but it feels like you CAN move in this state but you're really not. So I used to try and roll over as fast as I could, with all my strength (while dreaming) and it was always just enough to wake me up. I wouldn't actually roll over though, it would just twitch me awake.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Well, I wish they stay out of my house!

Bad juju!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dividuality

Same thing used to happen to me due to switching around shifts after being on them for 6 months. I would hear my alarm clock hit snooze fall back asleep and dream up a whole lucid day of work from getting up to getting dressed to showering to getting coffee etc. Next thing I know something weird would happen that would make no sense in the real world and it would snap me awake, but half the day had already gone by. I had to leave my door unlock and have people wake me up and make sure I got up. If I manage to snap out of it and go to work late a lot of Deja Vu would occur.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I saw that story. I want to know something, though......how is it these researchers can state that the things people see are all in their minds? They totally discount any possibility of anything of a more spiritual or paranormal nature. The very idea that so many people would all see the same thing seems a bit unlikely to me, if these were mental manifestations. I have had dreams that blended into waking, and NONE were creepy like the stories they talk about. A couple were scary (like this bad dream as a child, where I was SURE this thing was in the house, though I never saw it awake), but demonic faces? Never. I think these researchers are ignoring all the possibilities. Something spiritual or paranormal could appear to one, and not others.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

how is it these researchers can state that the things people see are all in their minds? They totally discount any possibility of anything of a more spiritual or paranormal nature.

Maybe demons infest human minds... which is why such reports are taken as psychological cases. It could be a mental thing, but still a real demon. Like you said, it could appear in the vision of one person, but an onlooker may not see or feel anything.

Maybe people who experience it are in a trance like state and their minds are access a parallel dimension where those demonic beings live.

The very idea that so many people would all see the same thing seems a bit unlikely to me, if these were mental manifestations.

Exactly. How is it that so many people report those black figures? See my post here

edit on 5-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yours is much more likely exploding head syndrome (which I happen to actually have)

reply to post by peashooter

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
They discount them, because NOONE has ever seen one outside of this sleep state. It's obvious to discount them really, however it's terrifying and real. It would take a deeper look to see that some of them might be anything besides hallucinations.

reply to post by sk0rpi0n

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join