It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sleep Disorder Makes People See 'Demons'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIllusiveMan

You can see things and it's when you are asleep you are awake, just because one can't see when awake doesn't mean they aren't with you.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

shhh! I don't want to know, it's nighttime on my side of the world and I'll be going to sleep soon haha

for some reason I read your post in a very creepy voice "just because one can't see when awake doesn't mean they aren't with you"

edit on 4-4-2013 by TheIllusiveMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I had this just the other night. I was laying in bed and this "demon" was behind me holding me down to where I couldn't move. Once I started praying, it loosened up and disappeared in front of me. It was like a black shadow like thing...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just ran an image search on sleep paralysis....
Here are some of the results.. artists impressions...all of them black and ghostlike....

----------------------------------------------

This last image... I had an experience where I saw someone sitting on a table next to my bed.
I thought it was somebody I knew and asked him "what are you doing"... it repeated what I said, in a mocking tone while grinning... I became angry and then I kicked the table and it faded away.

edit on 4-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

You can see things and it's when you are asleep you are awake, just because one can't see when awake doesn't mean they aren't with you.

Now thats the truth !

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i have experienced sleep paralysis on many occasions ..but thankfully not for a good few years ...

not been unable to move my body or even open my eyes was scary ..it would normally take me a minute or two to force my body to move ...even though i had the urge to go back to sleep ,the feeling that i was unable to breath compelled me to wake my body up ,which is easily said than done

thankfully i had no visions of shadow people or demons ...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wonder if this could be hereditary? Sounds like it could be related to anxiety while in a sleep state.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

No, those are two different experiences.

I suffer from sleep paralysis all the time, it is frightening but I know what's happening.

I have also seen a shadow person, twice.

Those I was totally awake. Once while I was washing dishes and it walked across the room. Second time while watching TV with my step mother (queen of skeptics). She felt it touch her arm, jumped and we both saw it cross the room.

The two things are not connected at all. Sleep paralysis is a natural bodily function. I don't know what the heck Those things are we see when wide awake.

By the way, when I saw the first shadow scary thingy, while washing dishes, the glass I was washing broke and I had to go get stitches. Bad experience all around.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

now try that with a yoda voice!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
lol demons, well yeah, its a preconceived shadowy image. Some people can see facial features but most can't, its blurry and muffled like you are underwater.

I had it about 15-20 times in my life. Its usually during Nap times, mixed with stress from exams and other factors.

I 90% of the time lay flat on my belly when i sleep, so the demon usually sits on my back, i tried to see it by "turning around".. worst mistake ever... its a shadowy small midget sitting on my back, (of ocurse hard to breath, because you can feel the weight), only feature i saw was its eyes, white eyes with black pupils, but everything else was dark....

If you wanna wake up, try "kicking" your legs and "stretching" you arms in the lucid state... i went into astral projection 2-3x, i assumed it was sleep paralysis, but it was pleasant feeling. i got out of my roof, i saw my city, then just before clouds i woke up, felt like i was gonna fall(sort of like how your feet feels(if not touching the ground) on a roller coaster ride).

So sleep paralysis, don't try to look at the "demon", just kick and stretch and you ll wake up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

There is a method which can bring it about, not always, but quite frequently. If there are enough interested people here, I will describe it to you.

I'm all ears, describe away!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatone666

Since it has been proven that you can die from fear alone I guess it is possible but would be extremely rare and probably only in association with some other health issue (like cardiac or vascular problems) it would have to be one hell of an experience but like everyone knows you are your greatest enemy.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

One man told her about his frequent sleep paralysis episodes, during which he'd experience extremely realistic hallucinations of a young child, skipping around the bed and singing nursery rhymes. Sometimes, the child would sit on his pillow and talk to him.

Who decides if these people are hallucinating ? Science even supports the notion of other dimensions we can't see under normal conditions. Is it just to scary for people to believe people might, under certain circumstances, be catching a glimpse of these other beings in other realms ? Oh, you've heard of demons all your life so that's why people see them in there " Hallucinations ".

That is the biggest load. People have also heard about Ferrari's all their life, but Ferrari's aren't being seen under these conditions. Demons have to be the most common theme, especially for schizophrenics. I believe the commonality involved, is evidence that these people aren't crazy just because they can see things others can't.
They may appear crazy, because it scares the hell out of them, to see these things. Then some educated person
diagnoses them as sick in the mind and that sets them on a course for treatments,. that include drugs and who knows what else, that in the end, leave them completely out of their minds for the rest of their life. When they only needed to understand themselves better.

Very sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quoop
I have sleep paralysis nearly every month. I've never seen a demon. I often wake up with my eyes open, but I am unable to move or speak. I can whisper sometimes and try to get my girlfriend to wake me. It is a truely terrifying experience. Even though I know what is going on, I still develope this sense of panic while it's happening.

Still never seen demons. I've seen some shadowy figures, but I figure it's because my mind is not 100% awake and I'm still seeing hallucinations from my dreams.

You should try astral travel while you are lucky enough to get your body into that state. Do some research on it and step through the matrix...enter the adventure of all adventures. Nothing to be scared of but your fear.

"take the red pill or the blue," choice is yours but i gaurantee it, it will change you forever

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

This is a very well known phenomena - and the hallucinations are hypnagogic, and can be visual, tactile and auditory. I have experienced these many times, personally, I am not so sure they are hallucinations - I do wonder if just for a few moments we may be seeing under one of the many veils that separate us from other worlds / dimensions.

edit on 4-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey there Panic2k11,i can't reply to yr post properly-i'm on my cell(our wifi-guy's upgrading the system+will apparently only be finished 2moro morn) Anyway,where was i-oh yeah the friend-well she slept with my previous husband,while i was working(which i would actually have forgiven her for,cause by that time i was Desperate to be shot of him,and he was a an extremely charismatic person+a bit of a looker,women seemed to find him irresistable,until they got together wth him,and found they had a "teenage" son who exected to be supported as such-good riddance:-DDD) Anyway,no,she would'nt admit to having sex wth him OR the occultic stuff,and so i could'nt begin to even broker peace,leave alone a desirable mutualy satisfactory platform from whence to proceed into the future.So i cut my losses-re both. Jesus+me have a unique relationship-very wonderful+comforting to me-he gets me,i get him-no imprisoning religion needed. He gets that i want him only-he's my only true friend-whom i can trust in.And he's got an excellent sense of humor. That funny pic-"Carl,that carpet's the only thing you ever gonna lay" :-) cracks him up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight13
I had this just the other night. I was laying in bed and this "demon" was behind me holding me down to where I couldn't move. Once I started praying, it loosened up and disappeared in front of me. It was like a black shadow like thing...

That is known as an Incanto. they are normally shadowy figures and they are devils. Prayer was and is your best defense unless you are not saved.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by SpearMint

No, those are two different experiences.

I suffer from sleep paralysis all the time, it is frightening but I know what's happening.

I have also seen a shadow person, twice.

Those I was totally awake. Once while I was washing dishes and it walked across the room. Second time while watching TV with my step mother (queen of skeptics). She felt it touch her arm, jumped and we both saw it cross the room.

The two things are not connected at all. Sleep paralysis is a natural bodily function. I don't know what the heck Those things are we see when wide awake.

By the way, when I saw the first shadow scary thingy, while washing dishes, the glass I was washing broke and I had to go get stitches. Bad experience all around.

They are devils known as Incanto

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
im glad someone posted this thread..maybe someone can verify or comment on my experience..its possible that its happend to more people but who knows..

Im currently living with my gf at my parents other house and we have a cat and its a very affectionate cat always wanting love and attention worse then a dog lol..but it was around 9am and I had to go to the washroom so I got ip and walked upstairs...now me and my gf were the only ones in the house and my stairs going up are blocked so the cat cant go upstairs into the rooms...no one really lives upstairs since we just use the downstairs except for using the washroom and shower. We have no reason to go into the upstairs rooms and never go into them.

Here is where it gets strange, I finish going to the washroom and I was not asleep..going up the door is always closed and when I came down the door was closed. So I come down and closed the gate to the stairs and theres no way that the cat can jump it..he has never tried and he just doesnt...I crawl back into bed and im just about half asleep but still very much awake..that fine line....in that state of mind i was still kinda awake and almost drifting into sleep...i hear somethIng or felt like a dream of something or someone with the voice of a woman she asked me a question 2 times..I have mo clue or idea what the question was..but I remember in my head saying no to her/it and then I hear my cat start crying and meowing in a panic tone and he comes scratching at my door and I always close the door to sleep...at this point hes scratching like crazy but I didnt think much of it..next thing I hear is he starys running of like crazy and crashes into what sounded like the front door and I thought like hes crazy whats he doing..I didnt think much of it because sometimes he will go running up and down the hall towards the front door. Now remember that loud crashing sound I heard...turns out something opened the upstairs room my parents use when they come and stay over the loud crash was one of my mothers luggage bags that has clothes in it and it weighs about 40lbs was thrown or lifted and thrown because it was laying right in the middle of the room upside down on its side very sloppy looking and my parents would never leave it like that..I also confirmed and showed my mom how I found it and she didnt leave it how I showed her.

does anyone know what this was?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join