It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sleep Disorder Makes People See 'Demons'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
u absolutely right, you must always investigate if ur experience is caused by a psychological disorder, especially if you were into these things from small age, as u said (reading, watching movies, etc).
Or
it just happened randomly without having any beliefs or similar experiences in the past or knowledge about it.
You see, its not everything a psychological disorder, psychologists want that, they pray for it! That means bucks for them. Thats why all sciences are so dogmatic...

You know how easy for psychology is, to create a new disease and name it to whatever they want? It fits their needs. Psychology is a bad science the way they do it. Lets say you experience something that cannot be explained with the current data they have!... They create a new one, without investigating or proving it.

its a bad science in general. You can ask a psychologist for what I said, its true... All my friends are psychologists and social workers, we laugh with it.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Until you have a really bad one, it's hard to explain how REAL a bad SP dream sequence is, and how much it gets you at a gut level.

Like someone up thread said, if you can realize it's an SP going on (and sometimes you can), then you can try to reframe it as watching a movie, or if you can manage to move a finger or toe it'll break up and stop. You can also start picking the thing apart logically and kill it. But oh so often you just don't get that clue that is isn't real.

I don't have them often now. But right after the Army, it was bad. Really bad. It started off with the one where something's in the room pulling the covers off of you. But it moved on to some really GOOD ones, mostly 'abduction' sequences or dead people crawling into bed with me. The dead people dreams are pretty awful.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I'd go talk with a preacher if I were you.

My brother was hearing voices and seeing things when he got out recently. He spoke with a pastor and did some changing, it ALL stopped. He would sleep with me at night too, he said its the only time he got a full nights sleep. I am a devout bible thumping Christian, but a respectful one as well. We're all just trying to get through life.

I do believe in a scientific version of SP, but I believe in a spiritual one as well. Ive had one experience with SP; it wasn't your average of the mill SP either. I was vulnerable as a Kid. I would sneak into my parents room and sit in a corner with my " blue blankey " lol, and sneak out into my bed at dawn. It's something that helped solidify there is something more than flesh.

It also showed me I had the gift of spiritual discernment. Something I won't get much into. I just know, through those terrifying experiences as a child, the name of Jesus has authority. I am one of the lucky ones that ... has personal proof of something more and the power of the name Lord Jesus.

I learned the hard way there is no such thing as a human spirit on this Earth that is outside the body. It's all demonic. Those things crawling into bed with you aren't human spirits.

-----------------------

You don't have to put up with those demonic manifestations if you don't want too. If it's truly that. You don't want to look for demons under every stone, but you don't want to in denial either.

Of course these are my personal opinions.

PS: as a child, I rarely watched any horror movies. Night time was my horror. I wish I didn't see some of things I saw, but I did. As i matured as a Christian (rapidly) I might add lol, the attacks have stopped.

Number one sign that a dream is demonic, is when you become aware it's a dream, and then it'll let you know it's demonic. Problem is, you can't wake up. The worst ones are where it's exactly like your house where you question if you're awake or not and you can reason.
edit on 4-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

They are not all unpleasant, well if losing physical control over a situation can be dismissed. Since it all resides on your mind the person's predisposition, knowledge and belief system is all the mind has to build upon, its a type of uncontrolled imagination. There are also other mental adaptations/capabilities that may influence the experience, like vivid visualization capabilities, especially colors (people tend to fall in a spectrum of photo-realistic imagination and simpler visual sensation that is not real a visualization), complex and autonomous imagination capabilities (details and background).

I have only had one type of sleep paralysis (recursing) and was simply a sensation that I was quickly sleeping down my bed (not really being pulled or having a presence but falling feet first as if someone add enlarged my bed, never reaching the edge, as if it stood on an 30 degree angle. The first time was a bit scary but I already knew about the phenomena and after the first time I even started enjoying the phenomena as an observer (never much experiencing it), after a few more it stopped occurring.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Bedlam

I'd go talk with a preacher if I were you

Who knows. I always figured it was people I'd encountered in the Army, come back to visit. Turn about fair play, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
SP is something that is not "new" but not well understood by our medical and scientific communities.

It is completely understood by those at the top of these communities.

They just don't share that knowledge with the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is a normal phenomenom and happens to a lot of people. I experienced it myself, but since I already knew about sleep paralysis at that time, I was not shocked and worried.

So if you know what happens and why, it is not that terrible, but if you experience it for the first time without knowing what is going on, it might be frightening as hell

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kmstar

Originally posted by darkbake
This is really interesting, I have a few friends who see "demons" and such during the day, apparently this is not schizophrenia, which is only voices, but is probably related to blood-sugar levels as both people are diabetic.

just for the record, schizophrenia isn't just voices. it is a hallucination of any of the senses. but that's only one symptom, you have to have other symptoms to be diagnosed with schizophrenia, and declined functioning for a period of time (6 months in australia/US, less in the UK).

it's hard to distinguish whether some paranormal activity is real or a product of mental illness/sleep disorders... but if the 'hallucinations' occur without other symptoms, you could say they may be real.

sorry this is a bit off topic, just highlighting that it's important to stick to strict diagnostic criteria when pondering if your experiences are real or imaginary

(in saying that, sometimes i don't know whether mental illness is 'real' or made up to put people in boxes... anyway...)

That's okay, I asked my psychiatrist about it and he said that visual hallucinations with schizophrenia were very rare and much more likely to do with low blood sugar levels connected to diabetes.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
This is the source of the stupid shadow people stories that people believe. Personally I've never had it happen, but I'd keep my eyes shut if it did. If you hold your breath you should be fine within seconds.

You say you've never experienced it, if you had, you would know you are paralysed and don't have the choice to keep your eyes shut .....or open if the experience has begun with eyes shut!
You are stuck in some strange twilight between unconcious and concious and you don't have control.

I've had sleep paralysis and hypnogogic hallucinations for years, seen some very strange things. Science can explain it to some degree but personally I think there is more to it, it's linked to OBE for many people.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I've had very few episodes of SP-the few times i did,i would wake up,could'nt move,obviously,and could'nt see,just blackness-but i could hear normal background sounds.Those passed quickly,and were'nt scary---------The only time i was truly terrified,was when i woke up one night,paralysed like that,and then felt myself being pulled through the air.It must've been an OBE,but it did feel like i was bodily pulled at the time.I tried to turn,while in the air,to see who was doing the pulling.I did'nt see anything,but i did see i was being pulled to underneath my dressingtable.I cried in my mind "Jesus please help me!!" and instantly i was back on my bed,fully mobile-------------A member (on another thread) suggested that i helped myself.Like a psychological mechanism,a "name of Jesus as a placebo" type thing.But i feel on a deep gut level,it was'nt that-that i was indeed being pulled towards a trap-and that very likely,if i did'nt call on Jesus then,something very bad for me indeed would've been the result.Maybe i would've "died in my sleep" even,idk.Also,a friend of mine from many years were sleeping over that night,and i dropped that friendship soon after,amongst other reasons,because i had reason to believe she became involved with demonic/darker occultic practices-and after (literally)living with negative supernatural entities since childhood,i did'nt need a "friend" to keep dragging it back into my life+home.During that episode,i had a very distinct gut feeling of it being an attack,a violation-from an outside source.Like i said,it's not like i was a stranger to the paranormal when this happened-even a visit from a shadowperson mentioned in a previous post here,did'nt scare me.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Just a question.

Does the sleep disorder make you see demons or does seeing demons make you think you have a sleep disorder?

It's the people who don't want us to know about "demons" that make us think we have a "sleep disorder".

It's sort of like how paedophiles fabricated "false memory syndrome".

Who are these people that dont want you to know about demons?

Im exposing this post as it is not the truth and a huge fabrication.

So you guys are shifting your angle at how you approach demons and satinists, well we dont fall for it. Are you qualified medical practitioners. Have you writen a thesis on this NO, because it is a fabrication of a very small group of people, call them what you will. The Demons are in your heart if they appear to you, their Must be somthing in you that will attract this kind of thing if such a thing exists.

I do hope the moderators see this and become aware again of what is taking place on Ats.

What is it with you kind that you have to search for such things, why cant you search for good things and remain in a good energy. We see through all of you, well at least I do and I will continue to expose this disease on Ats.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Well religion is a mental construct based on faith, faith is a powerful tool to harness the power of the mind, call it placebo or any other label so far to what I'm concerned it is all the same. I only object to faith when used to take advantage of others or remove power from them.

I myself see me as a pantheist, I do not believe in, or require, a personal intervening divine power. My view is that you used your mind to extract yourself from that situation. It was your strong belief that it would happen as you envisioned that made it work. I do not believe in supernatural entities only on natural ones (even if they may seem otherwise by our lack of understanding).

Using your mindset, your believes, why not put your faith in that Jesus or God empowered you to conquer those dark forces, by yourself using your faith, that in place of shunning your previous friend, and taking the teachings you believe at heart you should probably have worked to help her into a better positive path...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I wonder if you can die from it? I know when i have an attack of it its like im gonna soffacate and i cant move. A old person might have a heat attack or something. I know it gets my heart racing when i finally break free of its grip.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatone666

I wonder if you can die from it? I know when i have an attack of it its like im gonna soffacate and i cant move. A old person might have a heat attack or something. I know it gets my heart racing when i finally break free of its grip.

Nahh...I doubt that. But this is a very interesting phenomenom. People want to be in denial of any possible extraterrestrial connection, but it makes more sense than anything.

First of all, millions don't have a sleep 'disorder' whereby we are all experiencing the EXACT same terrors/ symptoms/ hallucinations.

Most of hear sounds accompanied with this. So I guess we have hearing disorders as well?

We are being visited, in my opinion, and they do not want to harm us. It just appears like they are trying to hurt us because we are being experimented with/ probed. Same as we do to lab animals.
edit on 4-4-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
there are many devils/demons out there.

quivering blob of shiny black tar is often known by some as an Incanto we would call it the shadow. It will smoke that gives it its quivering look.

There are also floating or flying heads.

There are those that take on shapes of people and animals or a combo of both.

There are small birds looking things with a head of a woman. thee will appear before someone dies.

There are black or grey hairy arms that will strangle a person generally while they sleep. I have had one of these choke me in the shower but as soon as I called for Jesus to help me it let go.

There are many that travel in clouds of smoke with a putrid smell.

Devils are real beings and not to be dealt or communicated with unless you want to be possessed.

The reason most "educated" people don't see them is just that because they are educated not to believe in them. but that does not mean they don't exist.

beware you have found a way to see them and that is never good.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Professor of parapsychology, Chris French at Goldsmith's college in London will try to tell you that sleep paralysis is all in the mind ...
Whatever your beliefs check out what all these know all's are trying to influence their students and the public. I was put in touch with another so called expert in sp, who basically told me off, like a naughty child for thinking sp was anything but normal. That's how he made me feel. I burst into tears when I put the phone down.
Check sp themes and sponsers, also 'the British humanist association'.

You will be surprised.

hx
edit on 4-4-2013 by happinness because: i remembered something

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
**ATTENTION** For those who are posting about loud buzzing / ringing of the ears and sleep paralysis in general there is something you should know! Many people actually try to achieve the state known as sleep paralysis because it can be the best jump off point for astral projection. When you hear the ringing and buzzing in your ears if you can just go with it all you will have to do is sit up in your astral body, or "roll out" as some people do and you will find yourself in the astral plane.

You will be able to just think yourself to anywhere on the planet or the universe. I am a born again Christian and I am not sure how I feel about astral projection. I know it can be classified as "occult" although I'm not sure this is correct. I honestly have not been able to project although I get the buzzing and ringing that comes with sleep paralysis pretty frequently. I usually wake up when it gets too intense. You will also find that you may hear what sounds like huge industrial machine noise or voices. I have also had experiences where I have sensed a presence in the room. It is not uncommon to hear or see evil things during sleep paralysis as you supposedly start out in the "lower astral" planes which are said to contain all the parasitic and generally nasty things that feed off of your fear. But from what I have read these things are completely bendable to your will and you have complete control of just telling them to go away.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about all of this, although I'm pretty positive these sensations and experiences are real and beyond mere scientific explanation. I also know that the government has spent millions in research of "remote viewing" which lends credence to the whole astral projection thing as being a real possibility. I have not yet been able to achieve it but I have had some very lucid/flying dreams which have been wonderful experiences. Anyone with any experience in astral travel, especially from a Christian perspective please respond or PM me.. Thanks for the great thread OP!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I suffer from sleep paralysis almost every night. Everyone here says that they see negative things, but I found out something very interesting about it. I used to see the same negative things and experience the same negative things everyone is discussing in this thread. Now, I enjoy the experience whenever I have it. As soon as my eyes open, I think happy thoughts or I just smile, and think about light. When I started doing this the entire experience changed. Now I see very interesting things. For example, one time I saw a little curly haired blond girl sitting next to me, I didn't feel afraid or anything negative coming from her.
It isn't perfect though, there was this one time that I didn't see anything, and then one single bad thought completely messed me up. I started to hear gurgling and something growling....
Otherwise, when I go into sleep paralysis I am aware enough that I can control my thoughts and try to enjoy the experience. Usually, I try to focus on out of body projecting or having an out of body experience.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

One came to stand in my group and it was black as night and me and brother wondered who it was that came walking into the group and had perfect outline of a man. It was dark as night and we could see everyone else around us, the color of our clothes and our facial features but him you couldn't and it backed of when we said who's that, it's as if he wasn't expecting to be seen.

He started backing off and started walking toward the corner of the house and my brother followed him and so I ran around the back to cut it off and as I was coming around the corner i almost ran into my brother. he just said "where the F did he go he just went around the corner before you came around".

They are dark and not of good for if one could come and stand beside you and expect not to be seen and it makes you wonder who else is watching.
edit on 4-4-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have sleep paralysis nearly every month. I've never seen a demon. I often wake up with my eyes open, but I am unable to move or speak. I can whisper sometimes and try to get my girlfriend to wake me. It is a truely terrifying experience. Even though I know what is going on, I still develope this sense of panic while it's happening.

Still never seen demons. I've seen some shadowy figures, but I figure it's because my mind is not 100% awake and I'm still seeing hallucinations from my dreams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join