It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sleep Disorder Makes People See 'Demons'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The one and only time i saw a shadowperson,i was wide awake and completely mobile.I was 16,maybe just turned 17,and i remember it like it happened yesterday.

I sat up in bed,wondering what woke me up.then in the corner of my room,i saw this swirling fog,like a dustdevil,with what looked like a short person inside.Next thing,there's this tall pitchblack shadow right next to my bed.About 6ft tall,slender,but normal slender,not freakishly so,
For some reason i chose not to yell out for my mother,or even to flee the room,though i certainly could have,if i wanted,like i said,i was fully conscious and mobile.

I lay back down on the bed,and stared up at it,squinting,trying to make out any facial features,or expression,but its blackness was such that i could make out only the tilt of the head,as it looked down at me.It was like a moving,swirling pitchblack fog was contained within the silhouette-so it was impossible to see even a hint of an expression.
I felt no sense of danger or menace whatsoever,though of course it was somewhat unnerving,because of the high strangeness of the episode.

After what felt like a few minutes,i started to feel really tired and sleepy.I sent a thought at it "Sorry,but i'm really tired" and then i turned my back to it,while i still felt it standing there,looking at me( I sent the thought of apology in case it was my recently deceased father)I then fell asleep, in what must have been a minute or two.

So yeah,that was my one and only shadowperson experience,while fully awake and mobile.

edit on 3-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

edit on 3-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: forgot something

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by winofiend

I also think If you are taught to believe in demons and such you will see them because you have been conditioned to.

There are too many examples of people who don't believe nor were taught about demons, that have had the experiance to say this. The best research done on the subject: stopsleepparalysis.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sleep apnea, combined with varying levels of consciousness and brainwave patterns upon semi-wakefulness account for 100% of "shadow demons".

The fear of paralysis when voluntary brain signals aren't met accordingly with proper feedback triggers, causing panic and this panic manifests itself visually, as vision is our only acute sense during this perceived paralysis.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Hey there Spearmint,i posted a reply to this,its on 2nd page if you want to check,sorry,hit "post reply' instead of "reply to".My only experience with a shadowperson was when i was awake and mobile,so i guess there are some exceptions.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I have since learned tips and tricks to keep it away, such as sleeping on my stomach or side. It is more likely to happen when sleeping on your back, or in cases of extreme stress.

It happens when you sleep on your back, because your chakras are facing upward and these entities drain energy from them.

How do you explain, like in one case I had, telling another person about your experience and when you start to describe the entity, the other person goes white and finishes your description for you because they had seen it too?

These entities are either real, or humans are capable of "telepathic hallucinations".

There is a reason why those who control this world use every means possible to convince the masses these entities don't exist. I suggest people look into why.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Just a question.

Does the sleep disorder make you see demons or does seeing demons make you think you have a sleep disorder?

It's the people who don't want us to know about "demons" that make us think we have a "sleep disorder".

It's sort of like how paedophiles fabricated "false memory syndrome".

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I started having sleep paralysis at around 18-20 yrs of age, a time in my life full of happiness and 0 stress. Actually my childhood was fairly much stress free, normal upbringing so don't understand why it started.

During the yrs since I've had what you could call bouts of SP. No real indicator as to why it comes and goes, sometimes even multiple times in one night. One after the other after the other.

They say its when you've been asleep, however I'm nearly positive I can feel it coming on when I'm laying there awake. Theres a loud buzz or vibration in my ears and head, I feel like I'm sort of vibrating or shaking. At this point I can stop it from developing into full SP.

When I'm having a full on sleep paralysis, most of the time I feel like I'm lashing out trying to get some ones attention. My Husband laying beside me, I'm trying to wake him up to help me, but I can not move. So all this seems to fit the sp description.

I have however had a few strange 'sleep paralysis' episodes that have really scared the hell out of me. These few Im very suspect about and its hard to say why.

I do wonder sometimes if sleep paralysis is just used as a comfortable answer, when it may not always be this simple. It this point it gives me comfort

edit on 3-4-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

ETA and no I've never seen demons or shadow people during sp or otherwise, but I had experiences that don't make sense. Could this be because I don't believe in demons, not sure.
edit on 3-4-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by calstorm

My question is, why are all these apparitions so nasty and negative? How come they don't take the form of something pleasant?

I have had sleep paralysis as well, and was afraid of the unknown in this state. That fear can intensify and bring out inner demons and other fears to the surface. What comes first is fear of this state and then your mind helps it along to make it worse...or better if you can control your mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
delete
edit on 3-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by SpearMint
This is the source of the stupid shadow people stories that people believe. Personally I've never had it happen, but I'd keep my eyes shut if it did. If you hold your breath you should be fine within seconds.

I've had it a number of times. You have zero control over your body. Let alone stopping breathing or opening your eyes.

I enjoy it now. It's always scary, but a thrill when you know to just let it happen.

The feeling of having some entity with you is very strong, and what causes most of the fear. But it's awesome to think it's all in the mind.

Unless demons really are pointless monsters in reality, after all.

I was under the impression that you still had control of those things whilst in sleep paralysis, but like I said, I've never experience it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't think this explains some "shadow people" sightings. When I used to see them, I was wide awake and could move, the thing never stepped into my room... and I could call to my mother who believed me although she could not see it. I never saw it on vacation and have been getting a good night's sleep since I moved out of that house.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think there's more to this than we realize.

For the record, I suffer from SP, maybe ten times a year. More so when I'm stressed.

Anyway, do a quick search on "old hag phenomenon".... Basically, it's people from various cultures and throughout time that all report seeing an old hag during sp.

A very interesting read.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
There was a loud buzzing in my ears and my entire body feels like it tingles in a numb way.

These cases sound a lot like the initial phases of achieving out of body experiances, or "astral projecting". I've never experianced anything like this myself but I've been researching it lately and it sounds very interesting.

From what I've read, one can meditate to clear their mind, relax, and allow thier body to fall alseep while their consciousness is still fully awake. This initiates the sleep paralysis and apparently one can learn to "pull" their consciousness right out of thier body. When out of the body all sorts of wierd demon-ish manifestations can occur.

Check out this thread for more about achieving this:
Want to Astral Project? Really bad? Here's some tips.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I had sleep-paralysis episodes between the ages of 17 to about 21, I do not remember ever seeing "demons." For me, the experiences were generally extra-terrestrial related.

I am not entirely sure why, but my sleep paralysis just stopped.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Never had it myself,but i know its sometimes called "the hag" in parts of europe,as the demon is often like an old witch crone type.
Very odd what your brain can do when it misfires...
My sis had Hypnogogic hallucinations for a few years after taking the anti malarial drug "Larium."
Similar to sleep paralysis,although she was paralized by fear rather than the brain not being properly awake.
What she described was a kind of cross between HR Giger and Lovecraft-all black oily tentacles and insecoid mandibles-usually pouring from a spacetime rift in the ceiling no less!

Really freaked her out at the time,although it tapered off after a few years.

No fun for her at all-but I sort of pondered eating a load of Larium to see if I would see the visions,as they sounded awesome-but common sense got the better of me and I didn't do it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm curious how the filmmaker addresses those situations in which someone looks up from whatever they're doing and blam - there's a shadow person standing there appearing to stare directly at them. Although I've experienced one while awakening during the night, all of my other experiences have been while awake and occupied by other things.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My experience with a shadow person :

I was half asleep when I sensed a presence.
I opened my eyes to see someone looking at me, right next to my bed.... when I saw him, he turned around and started walking away and faded away... even before I could react.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well there's is a well rounded variety of responses here on SP. I might as well share also~

I have experianced SP 4 times that I remember and yes for anyone who hasn't experianced it makes it easy to label a dissorder/over tired/whatever you want to label.

SP is something that is not "new" but not well understood by our medical and scientific communities.

Personally, the first 3 times scared the sh*t out of me and did feel a presence. The last time, I gave into the fear and decided that whatever it was will pass and if i'm being watched...... I hope I didn't fart in my sleep~ Because that could be a demon buster in itself~

All jokes aside, it's not something to really joke about because it's a very scary experiance once this happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I get SP alot. I know when its happening and try to relax, in brace it and let it fade.

I did have one unexplained episode. when I went into SP one night, my dog was with me in bed. This demon thing came from the corner of the room and started screaming into my ear. This SP was 10 time more extream then normal. My dog then gets up and started barking like crazy. I then shook myself out of it and there my dog was, hair on end, standing at attention, looking into the corner of the room!

My mom herd the dog barking from upstairs and thought it was strange. I told her, “let me tell you how strange it is” lol. When the "Attack" was happening, I called for Jesus to help me and the attack faided and i got up.

Crazy!

edit on 3-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

That is exactly what it made me think of. Lucid Dreaming/The Phase, I have researched both to the point of actually trying it out. Once you have sleep paralysis you are on the cusp of something really cool, you just have to remember that you are the one that is in control.

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

The above site helped me come to an easy understanding and taught me about all kinds of useful things (no I did not purchase the program).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join