It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Published a Book! Be one of the first to read it...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure how pounds translates into dollars, but that is really strange if it's costing more in the UK than what I have it for here. On Amazon right now, for example it is $3.82 and the new Dan Brown is $14.99, so almost 4x as much. I tried to make it 'cheap' in comparison to other books, but not so cheap that some would think it wasn't worth it. (I don't know if that is the right way to approach it, but I know when I am looking for a book to read and I see one that costs only .99, I think it must not be very good.
) So I don't know if the price is being marked up in foreign markets...but I don't know why it would?? Sorry about that!!

As to the Vitamin C, that is a culture thing. Here in the states, if I were say a gram...most people wouldn't know what I meant and think I got it wrong. I know a gram equates to 1,000 only because I have worked in the medical field. Well, I guess drug dealers here would know also, but otherwise we always refer to over the counter vitamins that way. A really popular thing right now here is something Emergency-C. Advertised on the front as 1,000 miligrams. I know, we Americans are strange!

I sometimes felt the book was moving too fast for my liking too. I am a big King and Koontz fan, and those authors really like to build things up vs rush. However, as you rightly noted, I was writing to the intended audience. In all my research, the suggested word count is 40,000-80,000, with the first book recomended being on the shorter side, so I was trying to keep it around 60,000. It's a big storyline though, with a bunch of info so I do hope it wasn't too rushed. I plan on the sequel being longer and spending more time on the backstory in the next one.

I'm glad that you liked the first person perspective. It was the first time I did a longer length story using it, I find it a challenge not to drop out of it and go to third person...had to catch myself a first time. I think it makes for a more intimate story though and really felt comfortable with it after a short time. It seems that most of the popular young adult story are in first person right now, which is why I did it.

Thanks again for the honest feedback! I hadn't even thought of the different perspectives from people in other countries, that is very interesting! I am rather sheltered in that I haven't been anywhere else other than Canada. Sorry about the price..

Okay...I just did a simple search for converting dollars to pounds. That is WAY off!! It should only be 3.2 pounds. I will write my distributor and ask what the heck is going on, there is no way it should be that much!! Thank you for letting me know!!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So, I just came across this article and I of course immediately thought of my own story. That perhaps it isn't quite so science fiction!

They have discovered a giant virus, with over 2,500 pieces of DNA. Amazing:

article

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

With what publisher did you published your novel? I have a dear friend of mine who has alot of good books, but he can't find a decent publisher. I hope you can help.

The synopsis looks great!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Bloodline is now officially the first book in a trilogy! 'Forgotten Origins'

I have finished the second book; Heritage (any conspiracy theorist will be quite entertained with this novel). I am still waiting for the publishers to have it up on their sites, hopefully today or tomorrow.

The reason for my post today, is to let ya all know that I dropped the price on Bloodline down to0.99. I wanted to make it free, but the publisher wont let me. (they have to make something, I guess.
)

I know that there were a few people here that would have purchased it but were unable to because for some ridiculous reason the Amazon site for anyone outside the US jacked the price WAY up. I home hoping this price drop will make it more reasonable for them, and also for anyone else that maybe is looking for something cheap to read.

Who knows? Maybe you'll enjoy it and want to read the next one!

So far, Amazon is the only one who has updated the price. (links provided in my tag line)

[As to the above publisher question, I am using Booktango. I have a few complaints, but overall they seem to be one of the better self-pub sites]

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
interesting

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Hi! Way to Go on reaching such an Awesome Goal!! I listened to the short narration read by You and was very impressed! You have such a beautiful Voice!!! Soothing and very listenable.(is that a real word?) LOL!

Great job on setting and reaching Goals!!! Syx.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thank you for that feedback! The audiobook has only been out for a few weeks, so I'm still waiting on reviews. (only 5 so far, but they've all been good)

This thread is actually my older one. I just wrote a new one updating the series, which is now complete!

Here is the LINK to my author page on Amazon! (I've got 5 books out)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join