It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a national polling company asking Americans about "conspiracy theories"? I'll tell you why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Its called the "Alex Jones" effect. TPTB want to know just how many Americans have been influenced by AJ types and sites like ATS.

Simply put, they're scared.

So who commissioned this poll?

"This poll was not paid for or authorized by any campaign or political organization".

Ok, but that doesnt answer the question, "who hired you"? It just says that PPP was not hired by a "campaign or political organization"...

And we can feel completely confident that this poll was conducted by a group of impartial professionals, yah right.
They dont even try to hide it:

"...some of the more bizarre ideas merit bipartisan skepticism."

“Even crazy conspiracy theories are subject to partisan polarization..."

So lets look at some of the topics covered.

44% of voters believe the Bush administration intentionally misled the public about weapons of mass destruction to promote the Iraq War...

Wait a second, its now a "conspiracy theory" to believe that politicians lie? WTF???

Do you believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the September 11th, 2001, attacks on America, or not?

Again, how in the heck is this a "conspiracy theory"? If anything, this was a lie perpetuated by government. Never mind, the idea that governments lie is nothing more than a conspiracy... See what they did there?

How about, "was 911 an inside job" or "was Israel involved in the 911 attacks"?

Do you believe Osama bin Laden is still alive, or not?

WTF? Do you know anyone who believes that this guy is still alive? If anything, people believe that this guy has been dead for years.

65% of the respondents were aged 46 or older. I can almost guarantee you that the results of this poll would have been completely different had the poll focused on younger respondents.

Also found it interesting that they wanted to know about people's thoughts on vaccines/autism, fluoride, chemtrails and the pharmaceutical industry.

Hey, establishment, we're onto you, regardless of what this poll says.

edit on 3-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

They really think people are that stupid - well, the gov't said it, it must be true.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
People were asked by the governments of various countries what religion they follow.

Some put down jedi. They said that if enough people stated jedi as their religion then it would be required to be accepted as a valid religion. or something.

I'm sure they were really waiting for the jedi to out themselves, and now that the force is strong with the dark side, we should see more questions about things like this.

I would never have ever thought that in a day and age where the likes of jones does make news worthy laughing stock material, where the more people that get shot the more government involvement there must be to uncover, that people somewhere might stop and think "Hang on, people actually think that?" and it become a pertinent observation, you know, given this day and age.

It's because they're scared. They know we know that they know that we know that we know more than they think we know they know. It's all about to happen.

Get ready for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Maybe they took notice of this. (Note Top/Rising tabs)
So much for fringe.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
So who commissioned this?

PPP is a DNC run propaganda organization...

Public Policy Polling (PPP) should be ashamed of themselves

I believe its fairly common knowledge that PPP is a biased propaganda outlet for the DNC. Having a bias is fine. Having a bias and pretending you don’t isn’t fine but it seems like its par for the course. Worse than that though is using your position as a supposedly integrous source of public opinion data to push narratives in cooperation with the Democratic party. Here are 2 infuriating examples of them doing this. www.redstate.com...

Public Policy Polling doesn’t like being called out for its blatant bias and idiocy, you see.

@ppppolls And you want people to believe you are a non-partisan polling org? Why not just admit you are bought and paid for my the DNC— twitchy.com...

In one example, PPP were accused of “cheerleading” for Obama after announcing that Obama had extended his lead in Ohio beyond the margin of his 2008 victory, leading to claims that the agency was “paid by the SEIU” and exhibiting “blatant bias and idiocy.”

Others have accused PPP of deliberately including flagrantly bias questions in their surveys that are designed to elicit an overwhelmingly positive response in favor of Obama.

www.infowars.com...

Lol, if there was ever any doubt that PPP is a corrupt mouthpiece for the DNC and guilty of agenda polling at it's worst, the +9 Republican sample in this poll shows it in all it's glory. Even in 2010 Republicans were only +3 in turnout and PPP has them +9? PPP you are a joke.

www.publicpolicypolling.com...

Why do think PPP even cares about their credibility? PPP exists to get Obama re-elected. Credibility is meaningless. All that matters to PPP is getting Obama re-elected. People need to stopping reading and quoting PPP polls. They are bias on purpose. They are garbage. PPP polls are Obama propaganda.

race42016.com...

CX

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Wait a second, its now a "conspiracy theory" to believe that politicians lie? WTF???

You'll be straight on the terror watch list for that kind of talk mister!

What is a word for facts that turn out to be down right lies? (Too early, brains not functioning yet.) We need to get away from the whole "conspiracy" title if you ask me, deal more in proven facts rather than some of the more bizzare theories that alienate our community.

Sure there will be those who believe the queen is a lizard, they can keep the conspiracy title if the want, but there must be a better name for people who just want to investigate the lies within government, or who can prove the government wrong or as liars?

Sorry if i'm not making sense, been a long cold night of amateur astronomy in the backyard with the kids

I just think the term "conspiracy theory" is now no different than calling someone mentally insane.

We should have our own independent citizens investigative branch with no repercussions. One that can't be ridiculed just because they are calling the government to account. If the police can have one, and the government can have one, why can't we?

CX.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

But why? Conspiracy theorists should play the same games the obozonauts do. They are that stupid, they get really confused, and are easily pacified, also.

They are soooo out of touch of what normal tax-paying intelligent people do, and are.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2013 by Happy1 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Nobody cares. There is no waking up. There is only possessing the reigns of power and nothing else. You can be aware who actually is in charge and it changes nothing.

In the Communist bloc they crush protestors. In the Democratic bloc they simply ignore them.

Same result.

But hey, keep buying the Infowars merchandise, I'm certain that somebody is laughing all the way to the bank.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Now that I'm thinking about it, I was selected for a poll similar to the one you were describing from the E-Rewards deal that Gamestop hooked me up with. They give me polls like that all the time. Sometimes they even have an area where I can comment. I keep my mouth shut about ATS, though I'm pretty sure I'm on a list somewhere now, but just saying It's weird, yet I have no idea why I thought nothing of it at the time. Next time I get a poll or survey like the one you're describing, I'll definitely Take down the company name and any information I can glean and post it nice and cleanly here in this thread if I get one here within the next few days.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Maybe they took notice of this. (Note Top/Rising tabs)
So much for fringe.

I think it may be a little deeper than that but those couple of weeks must have had ATS burning hot on the trends. All you read about was Sandy Hook. It may be the fact that TPTB want to access our strengths and numbers before deciding their next course of action. My thoughts, nothing definitive, not enough even't to fully connect the dots but meh we'll find out sooner or later.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

Keep taking those polls and have your friends do the same. F^(& with them. That's who they are targeting - 20 - 35 year olds.

Put the most ridiculous things you can think of on them.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Keep taking those polls and have your friends do the same. F^(& with them. That's who they are targeting - 20 - 35 year olds.

Oh that is so deliciously evil. I think I should. Thank you for the idea. I think a bit of Tarantino, Moffatt, and Hubbard. That should be twisted enough for them. I mean if they send their agents into CT websites such as our fine ATS, why shouldn't we do the same. Hahaha this is going to be great

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

You have just earned a star from me.

Trolling TPTB is always a noble deed.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Sure there will be those who believe the queen is a lizard, they can keep the conspiracy title if the want, but there must be a better name for people who just want to investigate the lies within government, or who can prove the government wrong or as liars?

There used to be a name for these people. They were called journalist. They all turned into lap dogs however.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have pollsters calling my house all of the time asking me what I think about this and that concerning the government- including conspiracy issues. I don't know why they keep calling though because they always get the same results: "That's nobody's effing business but mine..." followed by the slamming down of the receiver. I used to ask them to remove me from their "lists", but that just resulted in being added to different lists- and yes, I'm on the "do not call" registry; it seemingly has no effect.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well the area code for the phone points to NC. Anyone know of Businessman Dean Debnam who founded Public Policy Polling (PPP) in 2001 to address inefficiencies in public policy surveys. Lets find some connections as perhaps that can help answer the questions posed on this thread as per who/why/when is/did/how funded this study.
PP_LINK

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Look at the age range they targeted.. i think if they asked more people of a younger age group, the answers would have been different.

"Q26 If you are 18 to 29 years old, press 1. If 30 to
45, press 2. If 46 to 65, press 3. If you are
older than 65, press 4.
18 to 29........................................................... 15%
30 to 45........................................................... 20%
46 to 65........................................................... 45%
Older than 65.................................................. 20%

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheebie23

Look at the age range they targeted.. i think if they asked more people of a younger age group, the answers would have been different.

"Q26 If you are 18 to 29 years old, press 1. If 30 to
45, press 2. If 46 to 65, press 3. If you are
older than 65, press 4.
18 to 29........................................................... 15%
30 to 45........................................................... 20%
46 to 65........................................................... 45%
Older than 65.................................................. 20%

Perhaps they care most about the 46-65 year old since that would be the baby boomers, who are probably the most economically productive class in the USA now. The government should very well be scared if the baby boomers start to believe all the conspiracies. That generation is propping up whats left in the states imo.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Conspiracy theory? What conspiracy theory?
Never heard of such a thing. So, do i get the job?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My thread implies exactly this,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join