It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Dirty Secret.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Linfen, China

China's State Environmental Protection Agency says that Linfen has the worst air in the country, which is saying something, considering that the World Bank has reported that 16 of the 20 most polluted cities in the world are Chinese. One Linfen native summed up the city's plight to a TIME reporter last year: "This place of ours is no good."

www.time.com...

16 of the 20 most polluted cities in the world exist in China, Linfen being the one with the worst air pollution in China.

Amazing and tragic that people live there!

The article goes on to say if you are doing laundry you'd be wise to not hang it out to dry as it would turn black before it got the chance.

That's some mighty thick air.

2 Major Air Pollutants Increase in China

The pollutants — nitrous dioxide and particulate matter that is between 2.5 and 10 micrometers in diameter, called PM 10 — appeared to have surged sharply in January, showing levels 47 percent higher than the same month last year, according to the report by The Economic Observer, a respected Chinese newspaper. The report cited as its source Chen Tian, the head of the Beijing Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau.

A third pollutant, sulfur dioxide, decreased slightly over the same three-month period.

On the bright side.... uhh sulfur dioxide is down... slightly.

Seem likes its a problem compounding and spiraling out of control

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is what was done in the industrial age in england and europe.
they had smog that killed lots of people.
and now ever one is angry that some one else is doing it.

Originally posted by pheonix358
During the industrial revolution children were used as virtual slave labor because they were far cheaper to hire than adults.

It is all very well to knock other countries after your own has gone through all of these stages and became first world nations. Now, after you have cut down all the forests, raped the land, caused dust bowls, killed ingeniousness populations by the thousands, polluted rivers and land some of which have yet to be cleaned up all you can do is point the finger at other Nations going through the same process.

Look to your own back yards first. Then help others instead of dropping bombs on them.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

every country goes through this period, just being 50 -150 years behind, now they get to play with more toxic chemicals.....

the woman snorting plastic might sound like omg, but really does it need to be done that way?, im pretty sure you could just heat it up and see how it splits or sticks to things or by its weight volume vs snorting plastic all day,

but on that note, i work in a fortune 500 and we have a shrink wrap machine,,, it burns plastic all day long ^^ inside an office with no windows heh.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

You'd think after a few hours of doing it, she'd feel extremely ill. I've used a shrink wrap machine before that thing is awful to inhale even if you are trying to avoid. Can't hold my breath forever. You know she did look a lil spaced out like a huffer.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It doesn't happen much that I agree with both the second and third post in a thread with opposing points of view.
You are both right. Thank you for that.
I hope you see it the same way too, after all.

edit on 4/4/13 by Movhisattva because: lay-out

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
International laws should prevent such behaviour by corporations by implementing different laws which would require paying workers in international subsidiaries the average salary of the local country and also set higher standards for the work environments in international grounds + tax highly the capital/profits that is exported out of the country.

Who cares that stuff will cost more, at least people who made it, get what they deserve.

Who is going to enforce your laws? send someone to China to complain, the Chinese will tell them to 'go forth and multiply', send armed complainers? they will get shot!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

hahah to funny i hold my breath to and really you cant when you have a lot to do, im surprised she isnt dead, that stuff is harsh anyone want to know the smell, light bic pen cap on fire ^^ dont breath much though its nasty

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join