It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, Yeah, I'm New Here, Sue Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sorry, I suppose I should have put up an Introductory thread for myself a while ago, but even self-absorbed as I am, I can't think of much that's interesting about me. (Well, there was that time at band camp.......)

Anyway, I'm female, I'm probably older than most here, I'm an old-style Liberal (meaning, fiscally somewhat conservative, socially not conservative at all, but I believe in personal responsibility and acting with honor). I live in Massachusetts, right near the coast, well 10 or so miles from it, but close enough for government work. Which actually was my last job -- yes, I was a government subcontractor to a project for the FAA, but sorry, there really aren't any secrets I could tell you about because there weren't any secrets. Unless you think government waste and fraud is a secret, because THAT I can tell you stories about.

I'm a Catholic who never attends Mass and am technically an excommunicate because back when I did go to Mass, I was actively using birth control and *gasp* receiving the Sacrament. Along with about 98% of the rest of the female portion of the Church.

Of course I have a cat and am crazy.

And right now I'm unemployed.

See? Nothing too interesting here!

I will say that I've never seen a forum like ATS. The first time I read it, I was sure y'all were crazier than I am .... which is what intrigued me. Which is why I'm still here. And to my surprise, I've found that there's a lot of good information here, and even in the short time I've been here, I've learned a lot, and am looking forward to learning more.

--WB

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
HI! Glad to have you on board

I, for one, would be interested in hearing some stories.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Welcome!
You sound normal,that is the new normal,to me,crazy cat lady.

Just kidding of course.
Sounds like you know what's going on .

Peace,
K

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Is this you?

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yes, DaasKapital, that would probably be me!

I do only have one cat (but he's a feral little bast**d). However, the resemblance between me and the Crazy Cat Lady in that skit is.... uncannily accurate.

I also yell at kids out the window to Get Off Mah Lawn. And I don't even have a lawn being as I live in an apartment building. It still amuses me to yell at them.

I also yell at them for cussing, which is truly hypocrisy as I am a World Champion Cusser!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Welcome!

Just kidding of course.

Peace,
K

KDog, you want stories? Here's the most basic one: Y'know all that blather about OMG GOVERNMENT WASTE AND FRAUD and OUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE BEING FLUSHED DOWN THE TOILET and NONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WOULD SURVIVE A MINUTE IN A REAL COMPANY... it's all true. In fact, it's worse than you know and possibly worse than you can imagine.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfbitch

Originally posted by kdog1982
Welcome!

Just kidding of course.

Peace,
K

KDog, you want stories? Here's the most basic one: Y'know all that blather about OMG GOVERNMENT WASTE AND FRAUD and OUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS ARE BEING FLUSHED DOWN THE TOILET and NONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WOULD SURVIVE A MINUTE IN A REAL COMPANY... it's all true. In fact, it's worse than you know and possibly worse than you can imagine.

Preaching to the choir,wolfbitch.

I see it in action all time .

But,I would love to hear your personal stories.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'd love to tell some real good stories.... but there are things I can't say on an open forum. Not that any of it is Top Secret, but I'm looking for a job, and the last thing I need is a prospective employer reading anything they could consider corporate snitching. So for now, I do have to keep things a little private.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I like how the poor Cat Lady was once an upwardly mobile young urban female.

Poor Elanor..

Oh Hi Op

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfbitch

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Hi WB welcome to whacky places.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hey there,welcome to ATS-another catlady-yayyyy
Someone wants to say Hello

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

People with some traditional values are rare and I truly appreciate every one of them. I used to be a Christian as a youngster, much later I found Falun Dafa Qi Gong and now I have a very strong health, and a more humble mind...

I wish you all the best in the future!

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Welcome to the family, I love your introduction! Glad you joined.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Greetings.

This picture is lovely...

I have thought I would be the crazy cat lady when I'm older...can't wait!

Glad you made an introduction, nice to 'meet' you.

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well hello wolfbitch and hope you enjoy your time on ATS!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hello wolfy
seems youve picked up on tha basics.....we really are all spinnier than #house rats

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I really appreciate the welcome!

It's always a little weird when you start out on a new forum -- you never know in advance if you'll be accepted or merely dismissed as another troll or a******.
I'll try not to be either one.

But no promises -- I can get just as worked up as anyone else, though it's a refreshing change internet-wise to get all worked up over facts instead of personalities.

This will be a bit of a change for me. While I love arguing the facts, most of the forums I have frequented are more interested in arguing the presenter of the facts.

I'm looking forward to being here for a long time!

new topics

top topics

join