It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! Letters of the alphabet on butterfly wings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

One of my favorite pictures I have a close up of a blade of grass.

I do some very amateur photography, and one of the best pictures I feel like I've ever taken was of some moss on a rock. I don't know why I like it, but it just made me so happy to see how it turned out.

Sometimes the simple things are just what we need.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

That's pretty awesome!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

At least these wings weren't painted on.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Metha-Don

yes it is interesting, there also bugs with eye shapes in their wings and a type os bug with a valentines day heart shape in its back, so I imagine if you look you could see all sorts of other things

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Is that really the best photo out there for us to see these anomalies? I'd really like to see the entire butterflies with those letters/numbers. I still think this is neat, but kind of deflating if that's all we have to look at- a collage of the closeups of the symbols in question.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by amatrine
Wonder why it is an English Alphabet? Any butterflies with other letters or symbols? just curious.

Exactly.... that is weird, since we know for a fact that the English language derived from other languages.
Why wouldn't it be hieroglyphics, greek or runes?
If the photographer was looking for heiroglyphs he would see them. You would have sift through thousands of Butterflies to find anything resembling letters

The wings are randomized through nature. Odds are we will see familiar shapes and patterns eventually.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Yes, that can be.
Man and the animals are related much more than it is adopted by official science of that topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yay - something we *all* can agree on - that's pretty freakin awesome.

And to the poster that wants to find a conspiracy in this - think about it - it took the guy *24 years* to find these. If there were only 26 types of butterflies flying around, each with a different letter on them, then I might think something is up, but you can find a pattern in much of nature if you look hard for it. I'm guessing I could find the alphabet in tree bark pretty easily over a 24 year period if I wanted to, for instance... if I wanted to..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Amazing how what we have as technology or some other thing that we use in life comes from nature and not just out of ones own mind.Truly amazing, thank you for finding and sharing this

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Very cool! As others have said, it's also nice to see something positive.
Thanks for posting. S+F

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

The photog actually did say that he found other shapes and images that look like faces, etc. in wings - which I think is equally as great. Imagine, if we just wanted to dedicate the time to it, what we could find!

I'm sure a bit of pareidolia helps when looking for things like this, but it's still pretty awesome how spot on some of them are.

Thanks for commenting, I always enjoy reading your input on threads!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

Thanks. While this may not be very significant in terms of our day to day, sometimes it's nice to step away from the gloom. I saw it and thought it was pretty interesting, and I always enjoy sharing with my ATS family!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I could find the alphabet in tree bark pretty easily over a 24 year period if I wanted to, for instance...

sigh Great, another thing to add to my calender.... April 4, 2043 : Google "tree bark alphabet" - Post findings on ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is the 2nd amazing thing I have read about butterflies (and their wings) today so thanks

Here's the 1st...

The rich, shimmering colors of some butterfly wings are produced not by pigments, but by a special geometric formation of cells, a new study suggests.
Researchers used an X-ray scattering technique to image the wings from two groups of butterflies – the lycaenid and papilionid families – in 3-D.
They found the wings contain tiny structures called gyroids that diffract sunlight like a crystal.

So they don't actually use pigments to show those beautiful colours but instead, diffract light to create it, truly amazing.

And the link... www.livescience.com...

edit on 4-4-2013 by o0o0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by o0o0o

Thank you! That's awesome!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

S&F for a nice, cheerful, beautiful topic! WOW! Those are so pretty! The guy should print them up on posters for kids' rooms. I kind of want one!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Intriguing and absolutely beautiful! Thank you Darwin!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't know why I even OPENED this thread....

Sheesh....I'm twitching like I've just been tasered by a trigger-happy cop!

[[[[[shudder]]]]]]

Well, that's just weird. I was trying to post on the giant spider thread...I hadn't even OPENED this one. Apologies...
edit on 5-4-2013 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
truly amazing what nature is capable of.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
wow, thanks for sharing, it was news to me

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join