It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Places: Beautiful Photographs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
yes yes! I'm glad I found this thread, I have a fixation at the moment for abandoned/post-apocalyptic photos.
What about including Chernobyl in Ukraine to your list? the pictures from that place are so surreal.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Photos beautiful,thankyou. Eileen Donan Castle-used the the Immortal/Highlander film? Abandoned cottages, we have thousands here in Portugal, and even whole villages to buy-only drawback is you would need a helicopter! Would love a visit to the Hotel del Salto, Tequemada, any members been/going there? Found posts of abandoned places on MSN weather site.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

The abandoned coal mine photo is of a locker room where men would change their clothing. The "bats" are actually the remains of clothing. Clothing was hung by cables or chains and each man had a lock on the chain that when released would lower his clothing. This method proved very practical in factories over the world, especially in the days of hand washing. The hanging clothing was allowed to air out while hanging. In addition when the clothing was hoisted it was impossible for anyone to steal anything from the pockets.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
yes yes! I'm glad I found this thread, I have a fixation at the moment for abandoned/post-apocalyptic photos.
What about including Chernobyl in Ukraine to your list? the pictures from that place are so surreal.

Me too! Some of these places are just insanely incredible, and there are so many more out there. Oh, and here are a couple cool pics from Chernobyl:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benchkey
reply to post by abeverage

The abandoned coal mine photo is of a locker room where men would change their clothing. The "bats" are actually the remains of clothing. Clothing was hung by cables or chains and each man had a lock on the chain that when released would lower his clothing. This method proved very practical in factories over the world, especially in the days of hand washing. The hanging clothing was allowed to air out while hanging. In addition when the clothing was hoisted it was impossible for anyone to steal anything from the pockets.

Donnie says BATS!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

I loved abandoned, old houses sitting all alone out in the woods when I was a kid

old overgrown walls that didn't belong to anything

I used to love walking through abandoned parts of the city later on - empty shops, warehouses - crumbling sidewalks, weeds everywhere... before they were bought up, prettied up and turned into pricey bits of real estate

old refineries...ghost towns - there's just something about them

love these photos - amazing

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It really is. I used to do the same thing as a kid, and I remember walking through the dilapidated house, or barn and imagine it as it was when it was new and full of life. I remember being able to "feel" the energy and life around me, that energy that was at one time so prominent long ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join