It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea blocks South workers from Kaesong industrial zone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have done a quick search and cant see this on here already so sorry if it is.

North Korea is blocking the entry of South Korean workers into a joint industrial zone, in a move seen as further escalating tensions.

Workers were being allowed to leave the Kaesong complex but not cross into it from the South, Seoul's Unification Ministry confirmed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This isn't going to go down well is it!

*Edit* Also sorry if this isn't in the right section.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Bishbop09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Possible hostage situation?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I am not to sure, but this isn't gonna go down well with the South.

Its all over the UK news channels now.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
At least they let them leave before locking the door behind them. That IS something, right?

No.. It doesn't look like this ends well. I don't know about full blown war, but when even the UN is saying it's gone entirely too far? People who still say this is business as usual and nothing to see here ...aren't seeing what is there, IMO.

Good catch on the update!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well they have just confirmed that 46ish south workers have said they will not leave just if they cant get back in.

Apparently the mood there is calm between the workers but what will the powers that be think I wonder, going to keep my eye on this indeed today.

Bug out bag ready lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This has missile crisis written all over it. Perhaps the equivilent of the Cuban Missile Crisis, but instead the Kaesong Missile Crisis...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bishbop09

Bug out bag ready lol.

Yeah, no kidding.

There's just no way of knowing whether or not the tension over there is going to escalate to the point of war...

Doesn't anyone on ATS own a crystal ball, dammit ?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
One of the lines in the sand just passed alright,,,,,The workers who refused to leave may be a loose cannon here....
maybe its a good thing.....lets see if their NK co workers join them.......

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zachsfunk49
This has missile crisis written all over it. Perhaps the equivilent of the Cuban Missile Crisis, but instead the Kaesong Missile Crisis...

I am keeping my fingers crossed this isn't going to be the case!

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Bug out bag ready lol.

Yeah, no kidding.

There's just no way of knowing whether or not the tension over there is going to escalate to the point of war...

Doesn't anyone on ATS own a crystal ball, dammit ?

Yhh tell me about it, we need some crystal balls! I am currently at work in the UK and its gone 5am, I have to sleep today because I am currently working nights. Lets hope I dont wake up tonight with the news on declaring WW3!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
One of the lines in the sand just passed alright,,,,,The workers who refused to leave may be a loose cannon here....
maybe its a good thing.....lets see if their NK co workers join them.......

Thats what I was thinking one working will try and be a hero and end up getting hurt and then the # will hit the fan.

They are just waiting for a reason to attack if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
According to experts, people should get worried once the complex itself is shut down (thus enabling the last face to face communication between the North and South defunct). Apparently, the North will only shut it down, or block access to it when it is prepared for conflict.

Unfortunately, this incident looks like a step in that direction.

I can't link to the information described above, as i witnessed it on TV.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
According to experts, people should get worried once the complex itself is shut down (thus enabling the last face to face communication between the North and South defunct). Apparently, the North will only shut it down, or block access to it when it is prepared for conflict.

Unfortunately, this incident looks like a step in that direction.

I can't link to the information described above, as i witnessed it on TV.

I have seen that too, It looks to be the logical thing to happen, lets hope they open the doors again like they did in 2009.

Fingers crossed this does not come to anything, but I think it will sadly.

What a world we live in

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Not only is it the last solid communication between north and south, it's a huge factor in the north's economy. If they don't reopen it, we KNOW beyond shadow of a doubt, that they mean business. They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by closing it otherwise.
they have threatened to close it, but for now it's only "delayed". The reports I read earlier stated it was only delayed an hour, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Lets remain hopeful they re-open....and soon.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Not only is it the last solid communication between north and south, it's a huge factor in the north's economy. If they don't reopen it, we KNOW beyond shadow of a doubt, that they mean business. They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by closing it otherwise.
they have threatened to close it, but for now it's only "delayed". The reports I read earlier stated it was only delayed an hour, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Lets remain hopeful they re-open....and soon.

Well said, indeed lets all hope it opens soon. I would like to see what the UN has to say.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Whats left after this blockade?, stopping tourists entering and telling tourists and business people to "Get out now". Man O` Man the fingers are on the trigger and someone is gonna get cramp soon. The SK workers who won`t leave may be frog-marched out of there,...or worse. That will be the tipping point.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
Whats left after this blockade?, stopping tourists entering and telling tourists and business people to "Get out now". Man O` Man the fingers are on the trigger and someone is gonna get cramp soon. The SK workers who won`t leave may be frog-marched out of there,...or worse. That will be the tipping point.

That's what I was thinking, its the worker that wont leave, I can see it ending ugly.

I just hope I don't wake up tonight with the war drums beating even more.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Bishbop09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The south have now said it will use military action to protect its workers.

Said live on BBC News.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The south have now said it will use military action to protect its workers.

Said live on BBC News.

And the dominos just keep toppling. Wonder how much farther it can go before diplomacy isn't a solution? (that's not fear mongering as much as a real question I'm curious about)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

I am home from work now after a long night shift so I will be going to bed, lets hope I don't wake to war!

But I will be unable to update now so please keep this going and update fellow ATS members

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

A Pentagon statement describing the phone call also disclosed that General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will visit China later this month. It would be his first trip to China as head of the Joint Chiefs.
I hope it holds of until this meeting happens, personally I think it will, or rather hope it will.
[url=http://www.breakingnews.ie...]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join