It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arianna Huffington trashed apartment and skipped out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yikes! I've heard of rockbands trashing hotel rooms but this is just wrong, it seems.

MANHATTAN (CN) - Arianna Huffington's landlord sued the media diva for $275,000, claiming she damaged his furnished, $32,000-a-month loft on West 17th Street, handed out keys to it like candy, and skipped out on her last utility bill.

Eric Steel sued Huffington for breach of sublease, in New York County Court. The 4,400-square-foot loft is in the 200 block of West 17th Street.

"The apartment and much of its contents were designed by plaintiff's father, Charles Gwathmey, a world-renowned architect," Steel says in his complaint. "The apartment's historical and aesthetic significance has been recognized in numerous publications such as the New York Times Magazine.
Source

I almost have to ask though. Which is more shocking? The fact she trashed and dashed or the COST of the place to begin with? I'm in a town where $1,500 a month is considered Executive Rental and $2,000 a month gets homes in the 2000-3000 Sq Foot range.

Either way though, having everyone over like a party pad and then leaving the place looking like one after a frat party is just...rude! Isn't it?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think the source is misleading with the picture. There is no indication that the picture shown is from her apartment. Also when you go to save the picture the name is "house-party".

Apart from that Huffington should be held fully responsible for any damages. I don't care who she thinks she is.

She needs to pay to play just like everyone else.

I like to think if I had that kind of stupid money I wouldn't spend it like that. Who knows though, money makes people do stupid things.

new topics

join