It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions concerning guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Is it just me or are gun owners stupid?

They're against any type of gun restrictions and complain about criminals owning guns. Do they see the problem there?

They are for private gun sales and then complain about criminals owning guns. Yet again do they not see the problem?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Is it just me or are non gun owners stupid?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

They're against any type of gun restrictions and complain about criminals owning guns. Do they see the problem there?

They are for private gun sales and then complain about criminals owning guns. Yet again do they not see the problem?

It's just you.

They are against what you mention only because for the lawful it's an unneeded step, and for the criminal, they wouldn't do it anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Nope, it's just you.

Do you not see the problem here? Do you really think criminals legally buy their guns from a gun shop or any other licensed firearms dealer?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Was this supposed to promote discussion or rant? I'm just curious.. that's one heck of a combative way to open any thread outside the rant forum, isn't it?

..and yeah, it's just you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm a gun owner and I don't feel stupid. At least I'm pretty sure I'm not stupid.

If you bought a firearm for personal protection, would you instantly become stupid?

I don't think felons should legally own guns. I don't think that people with certain mental illnesses should own guns, but that's an issue of where you draw the line.

I know dozens, maybe hundreds of gun owners that never have any incidents or issues. They utilize their right to own a firearm, and they treat that right with its due respect.

If you or your family are ever threatened under unfortunate circumstances, you may wish you had a firearm. The law cannot always be there right when you need them, and it could be very important and save your life or the life of a loved one, even if you don't have to use the weapon lethally.

You should think on it a bit more before you call people stupid. But what do I know? I own guns and I'm stupid.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Um op, there are already many gun restrictions, criminals.ignore these daily, what good would more.laws.make?

Is it just me, or.are people.for.gun control just too stupid to understand the simple concept of criminals not.following the law, thus making more.laws to restrict them are just worthless, and stomp on the rights of the law abiding citizens?

Op, I am asking about people.like yourself, btw, just in case you don't understand that either.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't really hear that much complaining about criminals owning guns from gun owners. What complaint I hear is that as law-abiding citizens they will be forced to hand-in their guns while non-law-abiding citizens (criminals) will ignore the law as they currently do and be the only people with guns. Right now, for gun owners at least, the playing field is level. If a criminal breaks in my house with a gun, he's as likely to meet the business end of my gun as I am of his. But, if the law, which I follow, prevents me from owning a gun and a criminal breaks-in to my house with a gun, he is in no danger but I am. The police can't get there fast enough to save me and I have no way to defend myself. Simply because I follow the law and criminals don't.
In this world of home invasions and random public shootings, I think the good person with a gun is not stupid at all, but very smart. If anyone is stupid it's the people who think that criminals will obey gun laws and that good people are somehow better off not having a way to defend themselves in case any criminals should happen to ignore a law.

Then there's the matter of foreign invasion. Would it be good to have not even a fighting chance if foreign troops landed in your backyard? It happens all over the world every day so don't act like it's a stupid question.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
no... its an american thing ... theyre standing up for their rights according to their constitution ... having neither need nor use for firearms not my concern ... but can understand in a way as being japanese it would be like someone wanting to ban swords and take my swords that have been in my family for over 800 years ... there are some things in life that are worth standing up for ... and the americans who support their rights are doing so ... in life you cant rely on governments to protect you from the governments and criminals ... everyone has right to be free and to protect themselves .. but there is responsibility that goes along with those rights ...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

That was well-said, and summarizes the necessity for the right to bear arms to remain intact.

Do we really want a society where the only people with firearms are criminals and the police/military? I think not. It would be open season for crime. I can throw a shoe at someone when they break into my house at 3AM with a .45? I think not.

Thanks for the post. Great point/summary.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You answered your question. Its just you.

edit on 2-4-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

At this risk of being a little OT here....I can't help myself but ask. Have you ever considered doing a thread in Weaponry on those swords? I would LOVE to see pictures of legitimate Japanese swords dating back to that Era and outside a museum. I'll bet you'd find many people that would be equally interested!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

At this risk of being a little OT here....I can't help myself but ask. Have you ever considered doing a thread in Weaponry on those swords? I would LOVE to see pictures of legitimate Japanese swords dating back to that Era and outside a museum. I'll bet you'd find many people that would be equally interested!

I would second wrabbit's request.

Also, to be on topic, yup it's just you op

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I would second wrabbit's request.

Also, to be on topic, yup it's just you op

I agree, those weapons have got to be breathtaking.

Op, are you ever gonna reply or are you going to post somthing so small on actual thought and skip out, lacking the stones to at least face your critics?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Is it just me or do pro gun control people not see the bigger picture at play? It isn’t about guns. It’s about a far wider issue than that. Setting a precedent of restricting or abolishing an Amendment; if they can tear apart the Second, what’s to stop them from doing the same to the others? It doesn’t matter if you don’t like guns, support and fight for your right to keep them otherwise in the near future you may find yourselves losing a lot more than just guns...

As for the criminal getting guns argument; there is literally no point in bringing this up. Crims will get guns whether they’re legal or not. They will find a way to get them. Being criminals, it’s kind of their mantra to disobey the law and if they were some of the only people in the country with a gun, wouldn’t that make it far easier for them to commit crime? Australia has some of the strictest gun laws in the West, yet criminals still get their dirty hands on them. If the US banned them, the problem you’d have is only criminals and law enforcement would possess firearms, how would that go for you? Once they’re gone they won’t be coming back...

Not to mention the thousands or hundreds of thousands of people who would be put out of work - only making guns for military/law enforcement would see a reduced production team, gun shops and hunting shops would disappear, shooting ranges would go under...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Th

Definitely
Just You...

maybe your the problem
what then

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I can see by the replies it isn't just me..

Ok for the slow people.

Less gun restrictions...easier access to guns.

Private gun sales...Criminals can avoid any sort of restriction put in place..like background checks, mental health issues etc.

Much more problems I am sure...yet gun owners don't care.

As for the reason gun control may not work is because the stupid have made to damn easy for criminals to get guns..therefore more guns illegal guns on the street due to such easy access.

You complain about so many guns in criminals hands yet do not see the reason is because you have so many guns out there.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with private gun sales.

At all.

And if anything ever does happen at one, why it's the government trying to pull a false flag to take their guns. Anyone can see that.

I think you came at this wrong. You came at it with daggers, and you got the expected result I guess.

So in that, nothing changes. Not your opinion, their opinion, or perceptions of either opinions, in the slightest.

top topics

join