It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches air raids on Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm sad for you, CranialSponge, because you are close to the problem and can see the feelings of those involved. And the feelings are human feelings, we're dealing with real people. It's not just a simulation run on some country's computer.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Yes, it scares the hell out of me because my girlfriend and her husbands' families all still live in Ashkelon. I love my girlfriend's mom like a second mother and have met and broken bread with her the few times that she's been out here to visit. An absolute darling of a woman, even though we can't speak each other's language (my girlfriend translates for us).

Her mom taught me how to make tchoont (a Jewish stew) and challah bread. Needless to say, it was hilarious watching the three of us working in the kitchen together with the language barrier.

They're good people, "salt of the earth" types, with no hatred for anyone (even the Palestinians). Just fellow human beings with hearts and minds like everyone else.

I dread the day that I get a phone call from my girlfriend to tell me that Ashkelon has been full scale bombed. I hope that day never comes.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The ceasefire accord has already been violated by Israel on numerous occasions, in particular by infantry units firing upon civilians in Gaza.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Dear SpeachM1litant,

There was a time when I traced who did what to who first. It seemed important to me at the time. It doesn't anymore.

Now it's a Hatfield-McCoy proposition. Both sides fighting because they always have and the other side is made up of evil monsters.

I see two choices, if you see others, let me know. 1) Both sides have enough grievances and hate (real or imaginary) stored up so they can not even speak to each other and we're looking at a fight to the death. I believe in that case Israel would "win," if that word has any meaning as they climb out of the rubble. Or, 2) Everybody says "Let's bury the past in the hell it came from and start working fresh." That might require some mechanisms to insure everybody leaves everybody else alone, but what other choice have we got?

Living in the past means living with hate and anger. You can't grow peace in that soil.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by charles1952

Well let's look at it from another perspective. Israel are threatening to bomb Iran. Do you think that if Israel do bomb Iran, Iran have the right to launch missiles into Israel? I can tell you exactly what will happen before anything occurs.

Israel will bomb Iran and praise their good work on the Western media, then Iran will retaliate and then we will hear how Iran are a rogue nation who must be destroyed for the sake of Israel. When this occurs (It will be the only way it does play out), I wont have any sympathy for Israel because they brought it on themselves. They will also use this opportunity to use nuclear weapons and then the world will see what a disgusting organisation the Zionists actually are.

Exactly. The excuse the Israeli's will use is, "They seemed threatening. We felt like they were going to attack us, so we attacked first in order to gain an advantage."

People will eat it up like a Big Mac. Whoever attacks first deserves what's coming to them. I just hope our country doesn't interfere due to spite or other emotional reasons. It's the year 2013, but it still feels like the middle ages. The unintelligent want to witness executions, become knights and slay enemies, and kill anyone who is different. It's the same, and it will be for the next 500 years. Perhaps by then, we'd be in space and 'us' will mean EVERYONE on this planet, and 'them' will be the unknown worlds in our galaxy.

The scale will be similar to the warring states of Greece. Spartans and Athenians were all fighting each other. Fast forward, they all see each other as the same thing - Greeks. In the future, this concept of 'countries' will expand into planets. I don't see Iranians as Muslims/Zoroastrians and Israeli's as Jews - I see them all as brainwashed sheep following their leader's orders. Everything is about emotion nowadays and that's the reason we're all killing each other rather than curing diseases.

Thank you for your input,

Stock Loc

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join