It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO crops killing monarch butterflies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can't understand why the authorites can't see the effects like we can - what's wrong with them? Do they not realise they too are stuck on this planet and all this affects them and their families too? Are they totally stupid or what?
edit on 3-4-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I can't understand why the authorites can't see the effects like we can - what's wrong with them? Do they not realise they too are stuck on this planet and all this affects them and their families too? Are they totally stupid or what?

At the top, their only concerns are keeping power and money no matter what the cost of humanity. Even if the world did end tomorrow, those that got us to that point while remaining in power would still be satisfied only because they stayed in power. In their minds, they see the 99% like cattle...

Oh and yes, they are total psychopaths and totally useless to humanity.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

I just read that the Senator Mikulski; the Senate Appropriations Committee Chairwoman
who was ultimately responsible for passing the bill that contained the notorious
Monsanto Protection Act has issued an apology. Wow, isn't that special!

We dont want an apology Senator, we want this repealed! It was bad enough that
Monsanto and Bayer have a backstage pass with the GMO plantings and seed whoredom,
now they dont even have to pass a smell test.

The ecosystems are crashing, butterflys are important pollinators too, and beautiful ones
at that. What is it going to take, these people are mad, and will stop at nothing.

S&F

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It seems like right now only a small amount of people are doing anything about this, and by the time it gets bad enough that the majority of people decide to do something about monsanto it will be too late.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I have a challenge for you, name an organic life form that Monsanto's garbage ISN'T killing, changing from it's natural state or ruining. Why are they so AGAINST the natural order of things? Why are they so threatened by that? Curious.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Well it seems like they care more about the money they make from gmo, than the environmental and health damage than they cause.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

My suggestion and not to sound like a dummy but plant some milk weed here and there...it's a shame that they are dwindling...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

that would probably be the best way to save them and hopefully people will try to do this and they may bounce back.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If we decimate the bees, we will all be working anyway, pollinating the flowers of plants that supply our food with a paintbrush. China knows this practice well, they used insecticides and herbicides from America and they lost the bees in areas. They are pollinating the pear trees by hand now there. Seems that it will be another twenty years before the bees will be able to live in that area again.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Interesting enough I found this article on this problem as well as other threats
insects.about.com...
everything from insecticides to removal of trees, even ozone pollution

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have not seen one of these butterflies around for along time

I only see white butterflies. I remember being a kid and catching lots of colored butterflies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join