It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. on alert for nuclear blast overhead from NK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
U.S. on alert for nuclear blast overhead
Read more at www.wnd.com...

Whoa! Back up!
I thought NK only had tiny nukes!
You don't get much EMP from a 5kt nuke. So are they not telling us something (again)?
Does NK have bigger nukes? Were they just testing triggers for bigger bombs? Or do they expect someone else to launch an EMP attack on NK's behalf?
With their "satellite" launch capability it is possible that to put a nuke into low orbit, and then deorbit it to stike a U.S. target. But that is different from an EMP attack.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Relax. I would suggest that WND is a very unreliable source.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Wow. You Americans really do like scaring yourselves, and then enjoy nothing more than seeking to spread and fearmonger the threat like a virus.

here's what I have said on an thread on the same subject...

As for exploding an atomic weapon, North Korea does not have the capability to ballistically deliver such a device over the mainland of the US, nor enough atomic material with enough payload required to create such an EMP blast. At best, North Korea will have as many as 40 near Hiroshima-sized devices that they might be able to deliver up to a 2500 mile radius. From North Korea to Western Mainland US is almost 6000 miles.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thread already exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Will need a more reliable source to verify this.
No offense to you WND readers but WND is not a very trustworthy site

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Just a reminder, fall-out does not respect borders! Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just can't understand why NK makes the news so much. If they are really such a threat, take them out first. Simple as that. In reality, we should withdraw our troops, throw some freebie nukes to S korea, and let China worry about stopping a nuclear war in their own backyard.

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Just can't understand why NK makes the news so much. If they are really such a threat, take them out first. Simple as that. In reality, we should withdraw our troops, throw some freebie nukes to S korea, and let China worry about stopping a nuclear war in their own backyard.

Peace

Makes you wonder why Iraq was invaded so rapidly without any evidence aside from just a couple of trailers that they believed were ballistic missiles with nuclear war heads.

Yet here is NK, exploding nuclear bombs underground and threatening to nuke South Korea and yet they are given a free pass.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Thread already exists here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My thread is different. I am trying to point out inconsistancies.

Also, to the others who question the credibility of the source, can you suggest better sources?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

of course they have bigger nukes... is that even a real question? 5kt? really? Thats a tactical nuke... it can be fired from a howitzer like the 203 m115... "do they have bigger nukes"....

edit on 2-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yet here is NK, exploding nuclear bombs underground and threatening to nuke South Korea and yet they are given a free pass.

Iraq didn't have a C-H-I-N-A up their sleeve.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Wouldn't that be convenient if "someone" set off a high altitude nuke and created an EMP event right before our own government crashes our economy.....everything falls apart and the government gets no blame.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Wouldn't that be convenient if "someone" set off a high altitude nuke and created an EMP event right before our own government crashes our economy.....everything falls apart and the government gets no blame.

Jacob Rothschild ?

Is that you ?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
mwood:

How conspiratorially astute of you.
US government nukes its own airspace, crashes the banking system as well as the rest of the country and blames NK when it finds a microphone that works!

Hell! They pulled World Trade Center 7 to hide nefarious practices. However, loss of communications with mainland headquarters signifies to submarine captains that they need to launch their nukes to already pre-determined targets.
edit on 2/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well said, I was thinking about those imagined Iraqi mobile chemical labs disguised as milk trucks.

It's a bad time to be an NK milk truck driver...if they have those.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I just made the WW3 forum another fave, so I've been reading all the threads on NK.

If you read all the way through this thread, you'll find that DPRK did launch a satellite with an unknown payload, but they lost communication with it. It's a floating piece of space junk.

No need to worry about an EMP from NK. They don't have the technology.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I don't understand why so many Americans truly believe they,NK, cannot nuke us. Do you all truly think china, Russia, iran and other nations aren't helping them. What a better deflection from the true culprits then to use a underdog nation with a lunatic dictator. BRICS was formed for a reason people get your heads outta the sand. I thought people here weren't sheeple. A sheeple believes all or part of what their leadership wants them to know. wake up.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by muse7

Iraq didn't have a C-H-I-N-A up their sleeve.

exactly, plus they have iran, Russia and other nations backing them, I think NK is a ploy to BRICS intentions

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

Whoa! Back up!
You don't get much EMP from a 5kt nuke. So are they not telling us something (again)?
Does NK have bigger nukes? Were they just testing triggers for bigger bombs? Or do they expect someone else to launch an EMP attack on NK's behalf?
With their "satellite" launch capability it is possible that to put a nuke into low orbit, and then deorbit it to stike a U.S. target. But that is different from an EMP attack.

IF several well placed EMP's were detonated over the US, a lot of nuclear reactors would have less than 48 hours to restore power or start melting down. They don't need a nuclear arsenal. It would be a Fukushima's nightmare nationwide.

Kim's attack map showed LA, Austin Tx, and DC. West coast, midland, and east coast. That should do it.

edit on 3-4-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

Whoa! Back up!

Are you kidding....? The only thing this article proves if true at allieee... if the Us fears that NK has something like this the rest ofbthe world should fear whatvthe Us might do firther to # up the world.is that the US arm
has a lot of capabilities itself. e

oh for crying out loud.... this forum really needs a mobile version -,-
edit on 3/4/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join