It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the "Guns are Great" folks..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
I think that people that have any gang affiliation shouldn't be able to posses fire arms. Period. Get 'em out of the punks hands. (imo)

And when Police can barely control that aspect, who are you going to send in to give them a slap on the wrist and say "No No's"? Imagine the lead you will be dodging on your way out...
edit on 2-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would not give guns to....
1. Liberals
2. Muslims
3. The 1% crowd

Who are the 1% crowd? Sorry I'm unfamiliar with that term.
thanks for yer input

edit on 2-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by SELAboy

Not just anyone who has PTSD or ADHD

PTSD should be at the top of the list...are you kidding me???

Not at all. And it is pure silliness to suggest it should be. To do so would mean just about every single combat vet should be disarmed.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I would not give guns to....

1. Liberals

2. Muslims

3. The 1% crowd

Basically: People you don't like, right?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Funny how you can tie so many things together.

Global economy on shaky ground, US Dollar eventually losing its reserve currency status, increasing debt, government labeling people as "domestic terrorists", attack on the 2nd.

Not hard to see what is coming. Also not hard to see what the agenda of this thread is.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think that people that have any gang affiliation shouldn't be able to posses fire arms. Period. Get 'em out of the punks hands. (imo)

What constitutes "gang affiliation"? I'm a member of Who Dat Nation, AAA, and a neighborhood softball league. Should I be barred from firearm ownership? How about we leave it at violent criminals and if they happen to be in a "gang", then so be it. I'm sure you didn't mean it as such, but some might take your above stated position to have racial implications.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

The agenda of the thread is to see if political affiliation has more to do with gun control discussion than self and family protection does.
Sorry if that offends anyone, but there are 1035 threads chalked full of Liberal haters patting each other on the backs for giving anyone hell who doesn't agree with them.
I'm putting my hands in the fire. Flame me if you want, no worries

edit on 2-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by SELAboy

Not just anyone who has PTSD or ADHD

PTSD should be at the top of the list...are you kidding me???

It depends on the cause, though. PTSD has all sorts of causes and thus many different manifestations.

What about PTSD due to a traumatic car wreck? Should that person be denied?

Do you see why lumping everyone with PTSD into the same boat could, potentially, be a really bad idea?
edit on 2-4-2013 by daryllyn because: I do what I want.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

If the agenda is to discredit firearm advocates as "angry, extremist, ultra conservative white men", I'd say it is a fail. But, honestly, I do not know what the OP's agenda is. He/she could be "honestly" asking a question. As for agreeing with Biden's plans, no way Jose. The federal government should stay out of it. At most, have minimum standards for state mental health checks. All FFL firearm sales in the US involve background checks, which includes the vast majority of gun show purchases, and all online purchases. Enforce the laws on the books. No federal "mental disposition" (ie political disposition) bureacracy.
The proposed laws are simply irrational when critical thought is applied.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

IF a freeman is too 'defective' to live amongst us, then correct that problem, do not make everyone else suffer for the ailments of a few.

[color=amber]The only ones that suffer from a back ground check are the ones that are "defective"

and that ^^^^ is an outright lie ... need proof ? link

and here i thought you said this was a 'serious question'

if you cannot keep your line of thinking within reasonable possibilities (3yr olds
) and the direct effects of existing laws, how can you expect to comprehend the proposed ones ??

As far as the black market goes, I don't think that it's existence should justify doing nothing at all.
you're entitled to your opinion regardless how wrong it truly is.

in this country, Liberty and Equality justifies doing nothing at all, not the black market.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Honor93 because: format

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join