It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the "Guns are Great" folks..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Banquo

My point is this:
I believe (imo) that many here's hatred towards the current U.S administration is fogging their views on gun control.

It's not (for some) about self or family protection, it's purely politics.

I Disagree, I believe if anyone else started pushing gun control they'd get a lot of flak also.
look at Chris Christie, He's republican and is for gun control. This caused me, and many others to dislike him for his stance on the position. I think the parties just get thrown into the debate since Dems and Repbs usually lean opposite ways on this issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

What if they decide the desire to have a gun is itself a form of mental illness?

Hah! Never thought of that one!

edit on 2-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

No. By well regulated I mean controlled by rules, regulations, and discipline, as well as having a clearly defined role in society.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I believe 3 year olds should be allowed to own tanks. Modify to fit their little hands and feet. Oh yes I do!

They could spray down the area with anti personel skittles canister. Jelly bean grape shot.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Alright well it sounds as though many of you actually agree with Bidens proposals on mental back ground checks. That's interesting,

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Banquo

My point is this:
I believe (imo) that many here's hatred towards the current U.S administration is fogging their views on gun control.

It's not (for some) about self or family protection, it's purely politics.

Its the Bill of Rights that fogging the administrations views on gun control.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

As a person who has a 7 line psychiatric diagnosis and who owns weapons I will readily say that there are people I have met through therapy who should never own a gun, not even a BB gun, based upon their psychiatric state. Anyone with any sort of dissociative issue or extreme predisposition towards aggression / violence should most certainly be prohibited.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I don't really care what you meant. I told you what the word means in its proper usage when the document was written. You can be a tyrant, I won't be.
I'll bet you're british right?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

A bloke I should say
edit on 2-4-2013 by TruthSeekerMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

What a ridiculous statement. I don't know anyone who would want to give a gun to a three year old child. I think you realize how absurd that is, and yet you ask for seriousness. Anyway, I believe that all able bodied men and women not only SHOULD have a gun and be proficient at using it... it is their DUTY if they love and appreciate liberty.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Gun Grabbers- to answer your question.

Those who constantly try to remove the rights of other individuals.

Anti-Gun Politicians' bodyguards.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Every able bodied person in the U.S should own a gun. Even the ones that have a 27 line psychiatric diagnosis.
Fair enough thanks for your input. Kinda a dangerous attitude but I respect your opinion

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SELAboy

Not just anyone who has PTSD or ADHD

PTSD should be at the top of the list...are you kidding me???

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Does not matter who can own a gun. If you track, tax, register or take away guns from people who obey the law and have no violent criminal record... If any or all of that happens then --->Only criminals (and the Gov) will have un-tracked, un-registered, un-taxed guns.. Your parents or grandparents should of taught you this at a young age. I know mine did.

Its a very basic concept and the exact reason no one should do anything but obey the constitution..

The real question is why the big push for guns now buy Obama and the UN.. What's it really about.. Something like Greece ? Who knows but there is an Agenda and its not because of Sandy Hook or some Government official getting shot.. It's pretty transparent if you're not brainwashed.

I mean come on we have had mass murders and presidential assassinations/attempts by people using guns..

And we need to face it school shootings have been happening for a very long time, now days media magnifies it (not that its not tragic) and even uses it... I had one happen in my town growing up.. Year after I graduated we were swimming at a friends house and heard it as it started on a police scanner his mother had.

Taking away guns will just make us more dependent on our Local and Federal Government.. I for one do not want that. I don't want to be left defenseless. My house was broken into few years back took the cops almost 2 hours to get there.. I chased off one of the criminals myself. But 2 hours ? what if they were there to kill my family ? We would of been dead...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Who (in you're opinion) shouldn't be able to own a gun?

~Cause it sounds to me (reading the redundant gun control threads) -like most of you would happily give guns to three year olds.
Anyways serious question.

A serious question, with an implication of contempt with your thread title and ridiculous opening post. Alright, I will bite anyway. Likely my opinion will differ from some Americans, but I do feel that one should be of sound mind before owning a firearm, and the individual should be able to prove a level of competency that they can operate that firearm.

But the definition of what is of sound mind should be well defined.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think that people that have any gang affiliation shouldn't be able to posses fire arms. Period. Get 'em out of the punks hands. (imo)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

~Cause it sounds to me (reading the redundant gun control threads) -like most of you would happily give guns to three year olds.
wow, do you exaggerate much ??
3 yr olds

when or where has any firearm enthusiast promoted arming 3 yr olds ???

as for your opening question, i defer to Jefferson and the entire state of Virginia who said it best ...

www.monticello.org...

"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms [within his own lands or tenements]"
it's even written into the VA State Constitution

IF a freeman is healthy enough to live amongst us, then he/she is healthy enough to own a firearm.

IF a freeman is too 'defective' to live amongst us, then correct that problem, do not make everyone else suffer for the ailments of a few.

as for violent criminals, why are they released amongst us again ??
once released, if they are freemen, why should they be restricted ??
and, since x-cons (even violent ones) get firearms anyway, how have they been restricted via gun control laws ??

plenty of insane ppl get fireams legally, how would any of these laws change that ??
how would such laws restrict a mentally ill person from doing business on the black market ??

now that i've answered your question, please, return the courtesy.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
Because the government can define mentally ill any way they want to. What if they decide the desire to have a gun is itself a form of mental illness?

This is so dumb I don't even know how to start responding.

Do you know anything about how mental illnesses are classified? Who makes the decisions about this? What is involved in the process?

I'll take a wild guess: You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
IF a freeman is too 'defective' to live amongst us, then correct that problem, do not make everyone else suffer for the ailments of a few.

The only ones that suffer from a back ground check are the ones that are "defective"

As far as the black market goes, I don't think that it's existence should justify doing nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I would not give guns to....

1. Liberals

2. Muslims

3. The 1% crowd

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join