It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wednesday Challenge, John Keel Style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I've been reread in The Mothman Prophecies by John Keel, and came across a section where Keel states that Wednesday evenings after nine o'clock are the best time to spot an UFO. Supposedly, if you take a high powered flashlight outside on a Wednesday night, you might see unusual objects in the sky. Shining the flashlight at the objects will often produce results (if no results occur, it's most likely a man-made object.

Now I realize Keel is a controversial figure who wrote in the 60s and 70s, but it seems to me it would be interesting to try this little experiment and report the findings. Therefore, I will be outside at the above time, flashlight and video recorder in hand.

I would like to see more members take this challenge so that we can compare notes. It should be fairly simple to do.

Anyone interested?

I'll post my findings here when the experiment is over. Good luck to those who participate, and happy hunting!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I just checked and tomorrow night will be partly cloudy where I live so count me in.

If anyone participating has a smart phone I recommend downloading a free star identifier app and using it also. This way if you do see something you can inform the rest of us where it was in relation to the stars and at which time of the night. This could help identify if others also witnessed the same thing and rule out it being a satellite or planet.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Count me in on that one Smyleegrl, will find my torch for later on tonight.

John Keel's certainly an interesting chap and he goes into more detail here about how he arrived at his figures (Chapter one) -would you believe he also claims he successfully predicted the Ohio UFO wave of October 1973!

INTERVIEW WITH JOHN A. KEEL

In the course of my conversation a month ago with these people, I laid out some predictions based on the patterns of previous flaps. I really put my neck out. All of my predictions are coming true. I was able to tell them that the sightings would be concentrated in the Mississippi Valley and move up to the Ohio Valley by the end of October. They are seen everywhere, but the heaviest concentration seems to be in the Mississippi Valley.

According to my statistics, around or on October 21 is the day when the biggest flaps are likely to occur. Of course the twenty-fourth produces some interesting manifestations. This year October 24 is on a Wednesday, and I wouldn't be surprised if the UFO flap will peak on that day, then gradually start to subside. We will have a brief low, and then next March, all hell is going to break loose.."

link

As with any discussion about predicting UFOs Kandinsky's thread should always get a mention and there's some great info in it for anyone interested.

Stalking the UFOs

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thanks, I usually walk the dogs about 9pm and always take a maglite. Now i will add a DSLR set on video into the kit.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

at 21:00 GMT london UK [ wedensday ] , it is 09:00 local , wellington NZ [ thursday ]

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Can't wait to see if something happens. downloading the star finder app in a minute...good luck everyone!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Seriously people on here need to get out more ( but not to do this) if he told you that if you stuck a $10 bill in the post to him on a Wednesday night you would see a ufo, would you have done that as well

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Seriously people on here need to get out more ( but not to do this) if he told you that if you stuck a $10 bill in the post to him on a Wednesday night you would see a ufo, would you have done that as well

Lets think about this for a minute. We have a hypothesis, that shining a light in the sky at a certain time will bring about activity.

So, what's the harm in trying it? No money spent, and it's interesting.

If you disagree, simply don't do it. Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
And I'm out of the picture...raining all night long.

I'll try again next Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have a small but powerful L.E.D flashlight. I live in the outskirts of Vegas so there's still a lot of traffic and light. But I've seen a UFO once before without the flashlight, count me in.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm checking in because everything is going bunk for me. The partly cloudy report didn't pan out because I can't see not one star in the sky. Not even a patch of sky. Go figure.
There's rain on it's way later tonight or early A.M. so I don't think I'll be any help tonight.

There's always next Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Well, I went outside and there is a weird haze blocking out every single star. So, no go for me, smyleegrl.
Looking forward to other's reports!

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Clear skies here in The high Desert Rockies. I shined the maglight on the 4 EWNS points and waved it around a little bit for a total of about 15 min while walking my dogs. I saw a meteor and a satellite. No blinking lights to make contact tonite. I try again tomorrow.

Actually I went out again about an hour later and concentrated the light on the Pleiades in the west.

earthsky.org...

and the big dipper almost overhead and to the south.

Still nothing [no response from the Space brothers] but a beautiful evening for a desert stroll.

edit on 3-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Wonderfull post, Will send my thoughts up to cosmic levels and hope that the Higher beings make some contact with all willing Ats members. It was this very attitude that allowed me to experience my first UFO contact, well that I can consciouslly remember. One of the best nights of my life. Thursday and saterday eveings are better for them, I think

edit on 4-4-2013 by STARTRUTH49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
MEH ! - My " report " i was ` out and about ` last night - for other reasons - but conveniently found myself having to walk 1km over open moorland at 22:00 - we had clear dark skies and i had 3 very powerfull lamps - so after a brif period to establish what stars were visible [ lots ] and no anonylous motion - i gave a burst of " EVERYTHING " - but nothing flashed in ` reply ` or discernably moved

the only thing i can note is that i identified no commercial air traffic - despite the fact that i was just 5km east of a major air corridor that runs N>S

from similar locations i have previously got some good shots of airliners moving across the night sky using 1min exposures

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Can't wait to see if something happens. downloading the star finder app in a minute...good luck everyone!

Sorry Smyleegrl, forgot it was a friend's birthday but will try it next week (why not?)

I'm in Europe so will have to allow for time difference as well but according to the data posted in Kandinsky's thread it really does look like the best time to see a UFO is around 11pm (whatever the reason).

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join