It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Cops shoot unarmed man in bed 16 times, DEPT OF CORRECTIONS SAYS: “OK”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
this was a hit, an ordered execution
edit on 3-4-2013 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When is this going to be it's own forum?

Bad cops needs its own forum!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Shoot first and ask questions later...any questions?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Police officers = criminals now? I guess it's official.

You know, if police and SWAT are going to be executing a warrant, they should not start if they are feeling scared. Yes you have to be on high alert, but keeps your wits about you eh? Are they complete morons or what?

Shoot first, ask questions later.

It's getting to a point where as soon as you interact with a cop, your life or freedom is in danger even if you are innocent. Lots of people say "don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch" but it seems this bag of apples is almost entirely rotten. There are just a few good apples left, and they are at the bottom.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Jeedawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The cops claimed they asked him if he had any weapons and they said they shot at him when he reached for "something". That something turned out to be a flashlight.

First of all, I don't believe they asked him anything. They went in the room to execute him but failed. He was in his bed, asleep, before they tried to execute him. That man had no criminal record and was just at home minding his flippin business. I mean, what next? Cops executing innocent children praying in church? What is this country coming to?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
These cops deserve Lorena Bobbitt's sisters as wives.

Honestly I cant wait for the day when cops do something like raid the wrong home as they have in the past then bite off more than they can chew. That has happened before as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Where did these cops learn to shoot? They say they thought they were under threat "We thought he was going to kill us". They shot the guy 16 times and i CANNOT BELIEVE the guy even survived. Talk about using lethal force they can't even do it properly, and that is scary.

ETA: These cops are idiots. Unskilled, untrained and pathetically dangerous.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
POSTED BY A READER IN THE COMMENTS.....

"Obviously today, not even DREAMS of FREEDOM will be tolerated! :"

SAD BUT TRUE

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is crazy.. Something needs to happen to make these "cops" accountable for what they do. They shoot someone this many times and nothing happens to anyone? It's ridiculous! Police are supposed to be held to a higher standard, yet it seems like they are just trigger happy punks.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
And people wondered why Donner went crazy. This is a messed up story but it shows what happens when you give people absolute power and a gun.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

Even scarier is that they live in my state..

Washington needs better training programs for their police forces...

Pathetic.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Alright guys... This one I have to chime in on.

BLUF: We're all logical people here, try not to come to conclusions based on one media (who most here would believe is skewed) report, especially in a situation like this when you were not there.

I myself work in Law Enforcement, and while everyone has made valid points concerning this shooting, I believe it was in fact justified. Not many of you on here have been in situations such as this, and you were not there that day. It is not our place to say whether or not the officer was threatened. When the individual was asked to put his hands in plain view, and immediately reached for something, it is a cause for concern, and in a situation such as that, I believe I would have fired as well. One random thing, whenever there are reports of LEO shootings, the media likes to report the number of rounds fired. When your adrenaline is pumping, you squeeze the trigger till the threat is gone. 20 Rounds from two officers is not a lot of rounds -- that's not even a magazine emptied from each. It was enough to stop the subject and declare the scene safe.

Everyone who is criticizing the officer, why don't you put you pay attention to the details and attempt to put yourself in his shoes, facing a life and death situation.

And revamping training/policies is the correct thing to do. Increased training will help ensure a situation like this does not happen again.

I'm sure you won't like it, but as this site generally houses more logical individuals than most, I thought that maybe seeing a point of view other than the skewed one that was presented could get you to open your mind and think a bit before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks and be safe everyone.

edit on 4-4-2013 by RWESteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

First of all, these two retards should be fired and held accountable for their actions.

Second, this is Washington State! I live in King County. Audburn is about 7 miles from my house. This has nothing to do with California. If you don't know what you are talking about, keep your teeth together!!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Perhaps the innocent victim could get some help from the Aryan Brotherhood to receive remedy for the wrong done to him by the cops.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
With corrupt police your very lucky to have the Department of homeland security as a backup. Ah! Yes you do have a problem dont you.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Reply to post by Grimpachi

Yeah, and those people are on death row for icing a cop in self-defense.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

But... But ... he was snoring, so it's ok, right Chief?

I was stationed near Seattle during my military years. I always thought I would someday return, because it is a very beautiful place. There was fresh crab and fresh salmon at the grocery. Now, with the radiation coming over from Japan, in the air and water, Pacific Ocean fish containing serious radiation I have reconsidered that line of thinking. I had been holding a small amount of hope for the Pacific Northwest return.

But now this.

Man.

I hope the whole of the Fukushima debris field lands at Seattle. On these cops' lawns.

They deserve it. All of it. Every last piece of it. Lawn chairs. toilets. Pachinko parlors. Old mops. toiler plungers. Barnacle encrusted, radiation emitting port-a-potties. All of it. Divided equally on each cops lawn. No one else's. Each cops lawn stacked 6 miles high. And I hope they get tickets for a public nuisance. And someone comes to arrest them while they sleep....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RWESteel

Why don't you open your mind? What were they even after the other guy for ? Nowadays there is no constitutional peace officer. It's all militarized law enforcement now. You should all go to some kind of training and not " how to not kill innocent people in bed" school. This isn't Iraq, and that was the reason for the Posse Comitatus Act. War war war you got to have your #war all the time everywhere. Actual veterans come back and are beaten up and shot by cops with #for brains. I am not talking about everyone of course. Have you ever seen the video about the cops pull over innocent people and go through the people's trunk. Then their dash cam captures the cops going through all these pamphlets in the trunk such as pocket constitutions. The cops are heard saying, " Can you believe people believe this stuff? So, why don't you open your mind, and the constitution while you are at it? Maybe you can picture yourself waking up in the middle of the night to a flashlight in your face and being asked if you have a gun. You might think you are dreaming and reach for your gun. To show it to the people asking. I mean when you are half awake you aren't all there. Some times it may take a minute to be fully awake. Shooting a sleeping half awake man for getting up and moving. Duh. Ever heard of sleep walking? What if the guy was getting up and reaching for his glasses so he could see? Ever think of that? Shooting people in their sleep is as bad or worse than shooting someone in the back. What was the crime of the felon they were searching for, anyway? Opening his yap in a free speech zone? Sitting in at a protest? Having a Ron Paul bumper sticker? I can't believe I have heard a few stories of cops making people take bumper stickers off their vehicles. I do not care what the sticker says, or what the candidate is this is AMERICA. The United States. We have rights or there is no peace and no union. Police better wake up because the people in charge of their training do not have a clue about the constitution. There is a recent poll by pew that says that most people now think that the government is a threat to them. So yes, you are in a dangerous position. You are making it worse for yourselves every day. You better start telling your bosses where to stick this. Go to the border, I hear that the Mexican drug cartels are moving here. I see banks laundering drug money. But I cannot get a job at a bank because I had a misdemeanor 30 years ago. I guess they are just mad because I got caught. Doing what, you might ask? I don't know , never had it explained to me. Just had a undercover cop grab me and then a cop car comes flying up like I was a bank robber and says I was under arrest for disorderly conduct. And Google that and see that it is just a catch all cop thing that is hard to explain. I never even heard what it was about, except I go to court and they say I am charged with something a lot worse and being 30 years ago and I was a kid, I plead guilty to disorderly conduct cause I could see no good coming from this court and cops crowd. Then a couple of years later, I found out because someone told me that the judge in the case was arrested finally for using the fines and public money for his own private projects. So , why don't you google Frank Serpico, and watch his movie, and research what he thinks about it now. It's all about opening your mind. Unless you are a bad cop.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RWESteel

My mind is plenty open thank you for your concern. It's a screwed up situation that neither you or me can actually judge as we were not there. So he may have been sleep walking. He may have been reaching for a gun. Please tell me how you would have known that in the officers shoes? Maybe your one of the people on ATS with ESP eh?

I'm not too familiar with the reason for the warrant, the video stated it was after a convicted felon who had broken parole. Now since you love to speculate, let me play devils advocate. If that felon was convicted of a violent crime, and there are reports of weapons in the house, what would your mindset be going in there? (Obviously pretty good for you since you can see the future). Their adrenaline was pumping and were going into a possible life and death situation. P.S. read up on the totality triangle and try to understand how most cops think when it comes to situations such as this.

With any violation of a persons rights, law enforcement should be reprimanded, and me personally I believe they should be terminated immediately. The job of a peace officer is to enforce CONSTITUTIONAL laws, as this in the oath most of them take. and please also view "Michigan v. Summers" for precedence on detaining of individuals on scene during a search warrant.

I consider myself a libertarian/paleoconservative, so trust me I understand your frustration with the government, Hell, i'm frustrated with the gov't as well. That # about the prepper in sharpsburg; absolute bull# and illegal. But from my standpoint this shooting was still clean.

I'm sorry for your screwed up experience with the legal system. Obviously that would lead anyone to be weary of law enforcement. That being said, i'm not sure why a disorderly conduct charge is causing you trouble getting a job... especially it being a misdemeanor.

Frank Serpico! Awesome individual and leader being able to stand up against corruption. Have seen the movie, and agree that there are corrupt cops all over the US. But that's an issue for a different day.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The scary thought is being awoken in the middle of the night, grabbing my .357 and I shoot and kill a police officer that I will never be able to defend myself in court because it was police (at the SLIM SLIM SLIM chance I wouldnt be shot by 20 of his buddies). Regardless if there was no warrant.

Personally, even if it is police, and if they don't have a warrant, then I am in my right to defend myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join