It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Cops shoot unarmed man in bed 16 times, DEPT OF CORRECTIONS SAYS: “OK”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have never posted about bad cops before..

But this just blew my mind..really?

Please watch the video....it's in the link..

A King County man was shot while sleeping in his bed 16 times by local police who invaded the house. Police declared they “felt threatened” by the man who was not the subject of a warrant or investigation. The Department of Corrections and the Kings County Sheriff’s office saw no problem with the random shooting stating it was in compliance with the law. One of the deputies involved in the shootings Detective Aaron Thompson received sustained violations for abuse of authority and poor performance. The man who was shot has no criminal record and has lost his ability to make a living due to his injuries. Apparently the officers were serving an arrest warrant on someone other than the actual victim and they did not ask the owner of the house if there were any weapons present or if a third-party resided there. The detectives involved did not work with other detectives who were present or contact a supervisor before attempting to serve the warrant that ended in the tragic shooting. Since the incident occurred in February, the Kings County Sheriff’s office has taken steps to provide additional trainings to deputies to avoid shooting more innocent civilians in their beds

thelibertarianrepublic.com...

Read some of the comments too..

Man, this world is going crazy.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I RETRACT MY STATEMENT-

he didnt die.

Regardless- They should be put in jail for life.

Dirty Pigs.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Since the incident occurred in February, the Kings County Sheriff’s office has taken steps to provide additional trainings to deputies to avoid shooting more innocent civilians in their beds

That statement right there almost makes me lose all faith in humanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

Since the incident occurred in February, the Kings County Sheriff’s office has taken steps to provide additional trainings to deputies to avoid shooting more innocent civilians in their beds

yea, I felt the same way after reading that...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is the youtube vid.

Holy crap, this guy had Nothing to do with the investigation, there was No warrant to search his basement apartment, and these evil Bastards, unload on him just because he said yes to their question, "do you own any guns?" This guy is now crippled for life.
This is Kalifornia for you, these are the people that reelect Pelosie, Boxcar, and Fienstein, and that is the reason I got the hell out of Kali

edit on 2-4-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I love how trained, experienced policemen/women feel threatened by puppies and sleeping, injured men

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thanks V1..

I appreciate that..

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What..

I want the newsfeed for when the victim is going to sue that Department until they have to hit up DHS for free guns and ammo because they're so broke.

Oh-my-lanta.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

This is, once again and not surprisingly, completely unjustified.

As long as they keep getting away with it with NO legal repercussions, I am afraid we are headed into a very bad place of police abuse.

I think that the tactics of "standard procedure" are becoming, not only all too common, but acceptable, when LE can get away with this type of crap.

One LE opening fire if feeling threatened is one thing; the whole department is quite another.

WHEN WILL WE HOLD THESE PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS?

LEGALLY??

These people need to be prosecuted.

I'm tired of hearing about this crap and nothing is done, it's just "procedure."

Enough already.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

In other words.... They got more training to make sure they don't shoot someone 16 times and STILL fail to kill them.
This survivor will cost that city/county a bloody fortune in the end, I'm thinking. They're probably far more pissed about that than the fact they shot an innocent man to pieces.

I'm not generally anti-cop either ..but even I'm having to admit the Cops I grew up around through my Fathers time as a cop just aren't anything like what is kicking doors and shooting people these days.

Cops back then might beat the daylights out of someone ...but shootings were VERY serious matters and needed a bit more than just the barest hints of a way to justify for a cop to get through it with a career intact. Now? Wow.... Kill 'em all ...just don't leave one alive to sue, seems to be the more pressing thought in some minds. Scary stuff.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Thanks V1..

I appreciate that..

Anytime, this stuff really p's me off. When I did my Observation at Sac County, I saw first hand how these nefarious terds usurped their authority and abused even the non parking ticket trustees. Makes me sick, make me real sick.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
See that stuff scares me.

My dad let my cousin inlaw stay with him, and she brought her boyfriend
over. That night my nephew who was about 12 at the time spent the night
with my dad his grandpa.

5 men dressed in black kicked the door in, then kicked my nephew to the
ground put a gun to his head told him not to move. Then jumped on my
63 year old father( who is partially crippled ) who was asleep, and said
move, and I'll blow your brains out.

These men were bounty Hunters after my cousins boyfriend.
What caused them to be so violent to kick a 12 year old, and threaten
an old mans (VET as well) life?

The boy they were after had been put in jail for possession of marijuana
made bail, and didn't pay no violent history.

Called the court house, and made a complaint we was told what happened
was perfectly legal, that my dad shouldn't have been harboring a fugitive.

How should he have known, and with no violent history how can what they
did be legal. My nephew was terrified he said they never said who they
was he thought it was a home invasion.

I guess in a way it was, just a legal one right?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

It is a scary world we live in these days..

I mean c'mon, they just shot a guy 16 times in his bed..

And he wasn't even on there hit list...

edit on 2-4-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

What the hell is this country coming to! Bounty hunters for possession of marijuana!?

If things don't start moving in the right direction soon I'm going to rethink my living in the United States.

I was raised to love this country and to be proud of this country! Let's just say aside from Micheal Phelps American victory I haven't been proud of anything we have done in a very long time.

Revolution anyone...?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

crippled means a chance for revenge, i would go down to the station that shot me up to get my permit, and when they ask why i need a fire arm i would look coldly into his or her eyes and say,, you know why ^^

regardless i would spend the rest of my money and life putting hits on those involved. screw the courts

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You know this happened in the state of Washington not "Kalifornia" as you put it. I think you should try to pay attention to the details more carefully. Thanks for getting me my first post.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What does this have to do with California?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

One of the deputies involved in the shootings Detective Aaron Thompson received sustained violations for abuse of authority and poor performance.

He should at least serve some prison time. If anyone else other than a police officer was to shoot an INNOCENT man 16 times in his bed he would receive a long prison sentence, whether the victim died or not. This is hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is why every police jurisdiction needs civilian oversight committees. And they need the legal power to bring charges.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is why every police jurisdiction needs civilian oversight committees. And they need the legal power to bring charges.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join