It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the President's schedule...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

5:35 PM
The President hosts cast and crew members of the movie 42 for a screening at the White House
The Family Theatre
Closed Press

This is branching off another thread about the POTUS schedule. I saw this, and as I hadn't heard about Movie 42 before, I did a search on it. First thing.. it's actually Movie 43. Maybe somebody was sleepy at work and made the typo, idk. The description on Wikipedia is sufficient enough for me to know that I won't be seeing this movie. Personal opinion... its trash. But I haven't seen it, so I won't beat it into the ground completely here.

So does anyone else find this a little weird? Check the description in the link above of some of the scenes in the movie. I won't put any here because they are pretty messed up. My personal favorite is that there's a Batman scene in the movie (Insert personal conspiracy correlation here)

I dunno.. maybe it's nothing. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm not trying to start a Bash Obama thread here. Just genuinely curious about this movie screening at the WH
2nd EDIT: I realize that whether it's my intent or not, this will probably degenerate to bashing the POTUS, so mods, if it gets out of hand feel free to do what you do

edit on 4/2/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
why make a new thread to comment on a thread that is already active and you could just add to it...

That move is stupid, if that president has nothing better to do then watch it he isn't a very good president.. Oh wait we already know he isn't good.. So yah I guess that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

It don't think this is relevant to the thread there, it's premise being that a schedule hadn't been posted, and the OP was inquiring about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Gawd that film sounds awful..

There was a glitch in Obama's smile towards the end of the week, so he is being whisked away to Camp David to get his latest clone replacement

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by joeyv23

but ur commenting about the schedule. u even refered to that thread.. just saying ur breakin tos

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by joeyv23

One of the shorts from your Wikipedia link!

The Proposition
Directed by Steve Carr

Julie (Anna Faris) and Doug (Chris Pratt) have been in a relationship for a year. When he attempts to propose to her, she reveals to him that she is a coprophiliac, and asks him to defecate on her in the bedroom. Urged by his best friend Larry (J.B. Smoove) and others to go along with it, he eats a large meal and drinks a bottle of laxative prior to the event. Wanting foreplay, Julie is angered when Doug wants to finish, and she runs into the street. Chasing after her, he is a hit by a car and graphically evacuates his bowels everywhere. She cradles him and apologizes; cover and surrounded by his excrement on the road, she exclaims that it is the "most beautiful thing" she has ever seen.

Wow!!! Is this the kind of "ART" our President chooses to entertain with???

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

that scene was the only funny part of the movie lmfao..

He should watch scary movie 5 next.. I bet he can get bootleg copy from a friend in the hood.
edit on 2-4-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I got rid of the link to the other thread, it won't be too hard to find if anyone wants to since it's only about a day old. Am I within ToS now? I'm not trying to break rules, just looking for some feedback.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by joeyv23

One of the shorts from your Wikipedia link!

The Proposition
Directed by Steve Carr

Julie (Anna Faris) and Doug (Chris Pratt) have been in a relationship for a year. When he attempts to propose to her, she reveals to him that she is a coprophiliac, and asks him to defecate on her in the bedroom. Urged by his best friend Larry (J.B. Smoove) and others to go along with it, he eats a large meal and drinks a bottle of laxative prior to the event. Wanting foreplay, Julie is angered when Doug wants to finish, and she runs into the street. Chasing after her, he is a hit by a car and graphically evacuates his bowels everywhere. She cradles him and apologizes; cover and surrounded by his excrement on the road, she exclaims that it is the "most beautiful thing" she has ever seen.

Wow!!! Is this the kind of "ART" our President chooses to entertain with???

This is what I was thinking too. This movie looks to be reeeeaaaal classy like

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joeyv23

I dont care I am just sayin likely they will kill ur thread.. U are breaking it because basically you are commenting about the presidents schedule when there is already an active thread about his recent schedule.. It may get by but thatis what most people would say becuase they are anal about things here.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i think they might be previewing the movie 42, a biographical film about the life of baseball player Jackie Robinson. It's scheduled to be released April 12th.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I guess we'll find out! Come what may

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokin
i think they might be previewing the movie 42, a biographical film about the life of baseball player Jackie Robinson. It's scheduled to be released April 12th.

This completely ruins my whole premise
LOL thanks tho, this is probably the case. Mods if you wanna trash this now I welcome it

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
lol oh yah I am waiting to see that movie about jackie robinson it looks good and our favorite crack dealing illuminati jay-z is the main one on the soundtrack.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
lol oh yah I am waiting to see that movie about jackie robinson it looks good and our favorite crack dealing illuminati jay-z is the main one on the soundtrack.

See that's the kind of thing that makes me go hmmm......

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyv23

It don't think this is relevant to the thread there, it's premise being that a schedule hadn't been posted, and the OP was inquiring about it.

I believe the other thread you refer to is mine, right? So if anyone ought to be all upset ...it would be me? Well.. I like your thread and without it, I wouldn't have actually looked the movie up. I'll agree with leaving the details out, but this quote was interesting. It IS Wiki .... So grains of salt and all...but Wiki also back sources everything, so it's easy enough to jump up a level and check if anyone wants to.

The film took almost a decade to get into production as most studios outright rejected the script, which was eventually picked up by Relativity Media for $6 million. The film was shot over a period of several years, as casting also proved to be a challenge for the producers. Some actors, including George Clooney, immediately declined to take part, while others, such as Richard Gere, attempted to get out of the project.

Released on January 25, 2013, Movie 43 has been universally panned by critics, with the Chicago Sun-Times calling it "the Citizen Kane of awful",[4] and many others referring to it as one of the worst films ever made.
Source

The Citizen Kane of awful? I might catch it on cable just to see how bad something has to be for a Chicago Paper to describe it that viciously? lol....

top topics

join