It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Voting: My experience, How was yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In my county (Santa Clara) we used electronic touch screens for voting for the first time. My impressions

Easy to use
Clear esp. if you have ever used a computer or ATM
Quick and convient.

My dislikes:
No paper record

When they check your registration they issue a credit card like device that you plug into the machine. Then your votes are recorded, you bring them back and they d/l them. Easy and simply. Its was strange though. Where I sign, there was a notation (pre printed) ID required for my name, but not my wives. ID's were required by all voting, so Im not sure why mine had the notation on the ledger. The poll worker had no idea other. My only beef, no paper record. But oh well.

Overall a positive experience. If anybody elese voted electronicaly did you have similar experience

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Fred,

just how many wives do you have? J/K

I did the electronic thing too..
Simple...Quick...Multiple chances to change your vote, if you messed up or something... Multiple languages as well.
Then there was a printed copy at the end...Available to read, but not keep, as it is a backup of the electronic ballot..

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I did early voting. Was easy. The machine were electronic, touch screen. No confusion

Overall great experience. First time voter. Was kind of emotional.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Since i've been going back and forth all day, I live right around the corner from our precinct it was about a 10 min wait this morning around 8...

It was pretty dead around 10, got busy around lunch time, and then died down around 2.

It's going to be a pain in the ass tonight when people get off work...

And it's raining... poo.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I agree with you FredT the only thing that worries me is the paper trail in case something goes wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pen and paper. If it aint broke...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
mine wasnt touch screen but it was electronic. you would just push next to their name and a green light would appear where you pushed. this being the first time i voted, i found it a lot easier than expected.

hooray for voting

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We used the diebold dial-input machines and they were awful. My husband voted for Bush and double and triple checked it before going on to the next page but when it came to the review page it had Kerry listed as his choice. It took him a long time to fix it so that it would accept Bush as his choice but he finally got it to work.

One of his co-workers actually worked at a polling place and she said that she had the same problem reported to her by mulitple people. Many people clicked the final vote button without even looking over their review page so who knows how many people voted for Kerry by default. My husband called the MSNBC voting information number and he said they were already aware of the problem so I am assuming it is wide spread.

I did notice that there were two booths that used paper ballots and I asked to use one of those. I was told that they discourage the use of those because they were short on paper ballots. I told them I would prefer to use the paper ballot and they told me they would prefer that I didn't. My husband shot me a look so I gave up and just used the machine. After his experience with the machine he felt badly that he had given me a hard time about wanting to use a paper ballot.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

join