It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christ's Resurrection Important to you (Theists)?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

All religions from Wicca to Buddha were created by the Coven Age of SET. The "Leviathan Class Serpent" whom the hebrew called "Solomon" the wise..serpent.
This is the invading army. They took Esoteric Law, and broke it up and created the bible, torah, koran, etc.

It is meant as more than a control mechanism and it was meant to have the person choose by law of free will, to 'do service to' that branch of SET.

And this is why there is a 'War for the souls of Mankind on Earth'. The trick is they 'mystified' our history and removed critical information.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by YellowRoseTx51

That doesn't apply to the Great Work of Jesus Christ. You missed it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by borntowatch

I think you missed the context, completely wrong comprehension of the Gospel.

Remember the Lords prayer, "Your will be done"
Context, typical atheist who listens to what he wants to hear, not what is written in context.

Considering all the scripture in the post from which I have quoted the above selection, what is your interpretation? And what makes your interpretation better? Either "God" provides or he does not.
edit on 4-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You are just quote mining to justify the position.
Its pointless to argue with somebody who doesnt really care.

Jesus didnt do His own will, He did the Fathers will. With out being rude, itsn beyond you, as well as most Christians.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by borntowatch

As for God providing everything for Christians, where is that written in the bible.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.

It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you

On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.

I think the greater question is "What are you Christians praying for?" If Jesus was telling the truth, war, poverty and disease should be a thing of past!

I think you missed the context, completely wrong comprehension of the Gospel.

Remember the Lords prayer, "Your will be done"
Context, typical atheist who listens to what he wants to hear, not what is written in context.

Context? Those are the words of Jesus, while he was a living man, promising to answer the prayers of Christians. Do you believe what he said? If so, are Christians praying for the right things?

BTW, I'm not an atheist. I just don't believe in the Biblical God, etal.

Yes his words indeed but they were spoken in context to the will of the Father, not the believer.

Most have no comprehension of the bible.
I would be praying for a Ducatti Monster if God was a genie.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
you worship the Jesus that your interpretations of scripture say he is.

I worship the Jesus that the scriptures say He is.

Therefore, there is a difference between Jesus and your concept of Jesus.

Prove that the Jesus of Scripture that I worship is different from the Jesus of Scripture.
Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Then you are an idolator who worships the idol you have made out of your concepts and ideas and interpretations of what the Christ is.

No .. I am somone who worships God Incarnate. Jesus. Jesus said "I AM the way, the truth and the life". So Jesus put HIMSELF at the center of Christianity. Being a Christian means putting Jesus at the center. If it turns out that Jesus isn't who scripture said He is ... then that changes everything.

All ways become one way in the end. There is only one spiritual destination to come to. It is people who creates different views of god not god itself. I know you believe that the Christ Conciousness Process came with Jesus but It has always been there and will be there even if all humans lose all knowledge of the current religions. God will never forget what Jesus did for it as it will not forget any of the servants works.

With god using synchronicity to guide, god can get any soul who is ready to take the place needed for both god and the soul. Symbiosis at it's best. The people who really have experianced god will after a while love god.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by adjensen
Why would anyone? Christ's death and resurrection is kinda the core of the whole thing.

And that is the point overall.
The whole thing...what is the thing? is the thing the message or the man.

One cannot separate the message from the man. If you separate the man from the message, there is no message.

Yes there is. It's called philosophia perennis and it can be discerned in all religions.

Jesus' message was not only about how to live, but that He is the only Way to eternal life. One either believes that or one does not.

Ah, black and white thinking. What could be easier?

Things aren't so simple... you aren't considering the possibility that Jesus was one of many mouth-pieces for the Christ. That Jesus was a vehicle possessed by the Child of Humanity...

99.99% of Christians are stuck at the exoteric level of body and image and form and concept and idea... but the Christ is beyond these.

edit on 4-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

. I am gonna add to your writing to see if I can get some concepts to frankly break thru their conditioning.

Black and white thinking. One view is right and the other one is wrong. The illusion of thinking you know right from wrong just because a certain view is more comfortable to you.
. They clearly have not stopped eating the apple that they where given in genesis listening to the snake again and again. Still repeating the first sin over and over again.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

They clearly have not stopped eating the apple that they where given in genesis listening to the snake again and again. Still repeating the first sin over and over again.

The sin of applying value according to perception instead of actual nature. It's not a sin, it's a lesson. It's a lesson in discerning the true nature of our world and everything in it. There's no such thing as sin, there is only experience. When you call something sin, you declare that it is unworthy of being known. Who are you to make such a judgment? Do you know everything that sin has to offer? Have you sinned to your heart's content and learned the terrible lessons that come from having drained your humanity to the point of exhaustion?

Black and white. Without the shadow, the candle is nothing more than another shade of gray.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

They clearly have not stopped eating the apple that they where given in genesis listening to the snake again and again. Still repeating the first sin over and over again.

The sin of applying value according to perception instead of actual nature. It's not a sin, it's a lesson. It's a lesson in discerning the true nature of our world and everything in it. There's no such thing as sin, there is only experience. When you call something sin, you declare that it is unworthy of being known. Who are you to make such a judgment? Do you know everything that sin has to offer? Have you sinned to your heart's content and learned the terrible lessons that come from having drained your humanity to the point of exhaustion?

Black and white. Without the shadow, the candle is nothing more than another shade of gray.

Maybe that road will give something in the end, but from my point of view they keep doing the same thing over again without learning anything. Also Taoism is in a way a mind game for no action at all for some. A escape from not doing anything because everything is perfect for learning souls.
. I know that way of thinking to good from own experiance.

Taoism is in fact are also a duality in itself accepting another dualistic reality and not creating a symbiotic whole. I agree that seeing the darker sides make you choose wiser but just because this place is a testing ground do not mean all places are. Taoism is a good trap for the ego mind to waste time on thinking it is bright.

Who are you to judge how I should say things to others? Maybe my way of saying it in a judging way is part of the lesson going on right now on this planet.

Amagydala fear overload so I know what the extreme dark feels like. Lets hope you never experiance it. It is not a pleasant thing but it is a quick way to get an extreme amount of need.
edit on 5-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

edit on 5-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Also Taoism is in a way a mind game for no action at all for some.

Perhaps because some would prefer to be played like cards, rather than actually be dealt a few cards to play on their own.

Taoism is in fact are also a duality in itself accepting another dualistic reality and not creating a symbiotic whole. I agree that seeing the darker sides make you choose wiser but just because this place is a testing ground do not mean all places are. Taoism is a good trap for the ego mind to waste time on thinking it is bright.

Opposites are a fact. Pretending they are the same thing does not make them any less dualistic. In fact, recognizing how two opposites are different is just as conducive to the cohesion of the whole and recognizing how they are alike. To best utilize a tool or talent, it is best to acknowledge its weaknesses as well as its strengths. Ignoring any part of a reality is to inhibit your understanding of it.

If you think duality is a trap for the ego, that might be because you are opposed to accepting the paradoxical mindset of both cohesive halves and distinctive personalities. You have difficulty grasping the harmony of two very different natures, because to you, there must always be a loser. That's something you must work out for yourself.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

For a magnificent work of art, it's beauty is intrinsic, not because it's framed all around by that which is ugly. In fact, the ugliness around the frame can be transformed by the beauty of the work of art who's frame then expands to dissolve or transform the ugliness into ever more transcendent beauty.

Edit to add: There is also excellent possibility for humor in this understanding, even at the expense of that which is ugly, not by negating it, but by transforming it and reintegrating in the increasing awareness, of forgiveness.

There's no duality in this solution, and no need to justify or negate a negative or undesirable "ugliness" and that's both beautiful and humorous whereby the humor can even be scathing at the expense of one's prior ignorance and folly, because sometimes the best defense of everything that's worthwhile is a really good offense relative to that which isn't.

Joy and beauty and truth and understanding then is all that remains, with everything else dissolving itself for the ridiculous absurdity and nonsense that it is.

But people still want to go to any lengths to maintain and justify a permissive framework for their willful sins, but that's a totally different kind of "painting" and it doesn't really paint a very pretty picture let's just say.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 5-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

For a magnificent work of art, it's beauty is intrinsic, not because it's framed all around by that which is ugly. In fact, the ugliness around the frame can be transformed by the beauty of the work of art who's frame then expands to dissolve or transform the ugliness into ever more transcendent beauty.

On the contrary, there would be no such thing as beauty if everything was beautiful. That which is universal is not distinct.

There's no duality in this solution, and no need to justify or negate a negative or undesirable "ugliness" and that's both beautiful and humorous whereby the humor can even be scathing at the expense of one's prior ignorance and folly, because sometimes the best defense of everything that's worthwhile is a really good offense relative to that which isn't.

Ugliness is a label we use for something we have deemed to have no value. The problem with good and evil is that every time we use a word like beautiful, ugly, good, or evil, we are drawing a line within ourselves, a boundary that restricts our imagination and potential. Every time we slap on a label, a door closes because we no longer allow that avenue of thought for ourselves.

Every time we use a label, we add another bar to the jungle gym that encloses and interweaves with our entire world. Every label takes up just a little more space, cramps our comprehension just a little more. After too many times of applying labels, we forget what the world really is in lieu of what the world means to us.

And really, I think that's all we care about - what the world means to us.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Some things are rather more beautiful than others both without and within. I think instead of maintaining one's right to engage in unproductive things that it's better to take responsibility, and seek to be forgiven and to forgive as we are forgiven. There's no need to protect that which ought not be protected, and what is of no value will be discarded in one way or another anyway, so it's just not worth celebrating.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There's no need to protect that which ought not be protected, and what is of no value will be discarded in one way or another anyway, so it's just not worth celebrating.

It is not your place to determine such a thing. You are not the book keeper of the universe, and so you don't have the qualities required to definitively determine the value of anything or anyone. Everything has value, everything has purpose, and just because your limited perception does not allow the acknowledgement of such possibilities, doesn't mean they do not exist.

Before you determine the nature of this world, you should determine the nature of your perception.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join