It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A group of congressional Democrats has signed on to new legislation that would mandate liability insurance for all gun owners in the United States — and fine those who refuse to purchase it as much as $10,000.

The Daily Caller reports that New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney’s Firearm Risk Protection Act says that all gun buyers — before they buy — purchase and show proof of “a qualified liability insurance policy,” and that those caught owning a weapon without the insurance are subject to harsh fines.

www.washingtontimes.com...

How many times are the Democrats going to keep selling us out to insurance companies?

Really how many times?

Car insurance,health insurance.

So I am sitting here watching the 5 and Bob Beckal used "auto" insurance as a justifcation so alright Bob let's run with that then.

I don't need a federal background check to buy a car now do I?

Nope not a single person in this country does.

Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however.

Yes it is ridiculous considering that Lanza is dead so how the hell is he going to "pay" ?

And

How do people who are either sitting in jail or dead pay for the "cost of gun violence" ?

Also of note this idea is what California wanted to do yes?

If you can make money off it(taxes) or seize power from it seems to be the status quo of the party of gun control which is nothing more than money control, and people control.

edit on 2-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't get mad NEO, laugh at how they are so desperate that they are willing to defy the Constitution!

My point, nothing is in the Constitution about cars or insurance, so they got away with that one!

However, "WHAT IF" a person cannot afford to pay the insurance????

Because of NOT being able to pay, they automatically lose their 2nd amendment right!"???

Not sure that will fly too well in the Courts, and if it should, we can be assured our government has turned against US and the Constitution!!

Like I said before in another thread, the Progressives are so desperate to turn our Republic into a Dictatorship, they are now showing their true fascist colors!
edit on 2-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Not sure that will fly too well in the Courts, and if it should, we can be assured our government has turned against US and the Constitution!!

That is what they said about the Care Act and was ruled a "tax", yes they have turned against us and the constitution all for their power, and their "glory" under the guise of "security".

Those who trade freedom for a little temporary "security" soon find themselves as having neither.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How many times are the Democrats

You really don't get it do you??

How many times are the Republicans....insert problem and issue here??

Acting like this is a Dem or Rep issue is dumb at best.

I don't need a federal background check to buy a car now do I?

Let me ask you sir.....what have you done to make the country better other then going online and acting butthurt??
Do you live in fear??
Perpetuate the propaganda all you want....i am just calling a spade a spade.

Yes it is ridiculous considering that Lanza is dead so how the hell is he going to "pay" ?

He doesn't pay....one guy did something and now because most of you buy into this garbage,the rest of the 300 million will pay for it.

Disclaimer....I don't need a gun....I can SURVIVE just fine without it while still loving guns.

If you can make money off it(taxes) or seize power from it seems to be the status quo of the party of gun control which is nothing more than money control, and people control.

Ya think????

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Acting like this is a Dem or Rep issue is dumb at best.

So what part of this are some people missing?

Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance

Let me ask you sir.....what have you done to make the country better

Explain to me of the thousands of laws on the books in this country and the thousands added daily make this country better?

Do you live in fear??

Nope don't go around trying to ban "sceery things".

He doesn't pay....one guy did something and now because most of you buy into this garbage,the rest of the 300 million will pay for it.

Exactly people who do nothing wrong end up paying just like all gun control legislation, and I am at a loss how that makes this country "better".

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

There is a difference between Progressives and Democrats!!!!

I live in a blue state, and I can tell you right now, that those who are Democrats and still support the Constitution DO NOT buy into the Progressive Agenda to disarm the American people!

So as far as it NOT being a D/R issue, I agree!

But your statement as to NEO being a fear monger is total BS!!!!!

You must be a Progressive, if you get offended over someone fighting to save the 2nd amendment! The fact I even wrote "fighting to save the 2nd amendment" should be proof enough that the American people have a corrupt government!!!!!!

I am highly amused at how you fascist gun grabbers use the "fear" word to describe those of us whom respect our country and the Constitution enough to "PROTECT" what our fore bearers set our country up with to be free! The only people who I see being scared and acting like "useful idiots" are those who support doing away with the document that made our country great! Not so much now, but think about how we got to live like we have for so long.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That's right the proponents of gun insurance and gun control laws are the fear monger's.

They "spray and pray" in hopes of hitting the messenger to deflect the message.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I say, If your house hold is found without a gun, a minimum fine of $10,000 will be imposed.

edit on 2-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't even know the meaning of what you just said.
Conservatives,progressives....I don't even know what a blue state is...I don't follow idiocy.

Neo...i think we might be starting to come to common ground in some form.
I just don't get this.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its about time. I hope this passes.

Its nice to see the world moving forward.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by neo96

Its about time. I hope this passes.

Its nice to see the world moving forward.

Seriously?

The world does not move "forward" with trash like that being proposed it does nothing to reduce "gun violence" absolutely nothing.

A criminal doesn't obey the laws, they don't do background checks, and they would not even bother with gun insurance.

For most people a gun is an insurance policy most people hope they never have to use.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I don't even know the meaning of what you just said.
Conservatives,progressives....I don't even know what a blue state is...I don't follow idiocy.

Neo...i think we might be starting to come to common ground in some form.
I just don't get this.

Of course you don't!

But yet you choose to say things you don't have any understanding of what they mean????

Being obtuse and acting ignorant as to what I said, does nothing more than show you do not have a reasonable response to what I said!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Really folks, what the heck is going on can't any of you understand its just another way for law abiding citzens to get screwed, criminals don't care about the fine, they will be in jail and they will not get insurance. Who ever comes up with these things should go to a prison and ask all the inmates there if these are good laws and if it would of stopped them from do the crimes they commited.

Anything for a buck.
edit on 2-4-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

edit on 2-4-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

WOW. I really hope you are not serious with that comment. That will not solve anything that is wrong with this country. The only thing that will solve our problems is to get rid of the current gubment we have and replace it with one that actually takes the PEOPLES rights into consideration. They have created this with their will to rule and supress the masses which history has shown will not last forever.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undertheraydar
The only thing that will solve our problems is to get rid of the current gubment we have and replace it with one that actually takes the PEOPLES rights into consideration.
Wonderful Idea., but who?
The Previous Admin gave us the Patriot Act, that Eliminated the 4th Amendment and used our Money to Bail out the Bankers.
So Who?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

And the current administration extended the Patriot Act, gave us the NDAA, and is telling everyone "that second amendment doesn't mean what you think it means".

So the point is?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Tw0Sides

And the current administration extended the Patriot Act, gave us the NDAA, and is telling everyone "that second amendment doesn't mean what you think it means".

So the point is?
It wasn't a Trick Post.
I asked "who"?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think parents should also have to buy insurance against their children becoming violent or criminal. They're more dangerous than guns, statistically. Whatever gun owners have to pay, parnets should have to pay. And dog owners.
Its a FREAKING TAX, you morons! They're going to gouge us in new and bizarre ways however they can and try to get away with it by not calling it a tax.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I say, If your house hold is found without a gun, a minimum fine of $10,000 will be imposed.

edit on 2-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Not to worry a few more rounds of beating their gun-grabbing agenda into the public's head and every household might own one. Obama, Feinstein, and Crazy Uncle Joe are already gun salesmen of the century.

edit on 2-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just like Obama care, the Democrats wan't to make even more money for the insurance companies! Next will be the fat tax, for every pound over your recommended body weight you are, you pay the tax! Then there will be the internet tax, taxing our MBs.

Gotta pay for Obama care somehow...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join