It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winged beings seen by astronauts?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
I don't think that my belief in "real" UFOs" alien visitation puts me in an "intellectual ghetto". In fact, I think that it is you that is missing something important here with your over-the-top denial of something very real. I understand those that don't explore this subject, but how you can review all of this type of evidence, and still deny its reality is lost on me.

Thanks for the thick skin and the willingness to reply.

Your answer, sadly, provides all the proof needed that you are in an intellectual ghetto. And defiantly defensive of it.

Otherwise you would know that the 'space sightings' stories you cite as support for your views have been denounced as counterfeits by the men allegedly being quoted. Slayton's AF story stands on its own as a typical 1950s pre-spaceflight pilot sighting. The others -- bogus.

Can you locate the astronauts' true opinions, as delivered by THEM in public? Give it a try. You will have to venture outside of your intellectual ghetto, although ATS is a powerful viewing device for providing such exposure.

Wow, you are really a bit mean spirited if everyone doesn't agree with your view. I know that you are a noted sceptic, but I think that you are also ignorant of reality.

You say Slayton's story is legit, yet you conveniently ignore it to prove your point. It only takes ONE legit case for this to be a legit phenomenon. Then there is Cooper, whom you also ignore because it doesn't fit your belief system. I think there is a lot more from the astronaut community, both unspoken and spoken. Just to be clear, that unspoken part is, MY OPINION. assuming that i am still allowed to have opinions that differ from noted sceptic James Oberg.

My friend, I think you are the one in a intellectual ghetto.

I know for a fact, because I have heard it with my own ears, the viewpoints of Cooper and Mitchell. Yes, I understand Mitchell doesn't claim to have seen anything, but do you find it curious that he is such a firm believer?
edit on 3-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Added a couple of points.

edit on 3-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Added a thought on Cooper.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Reading this.Do most people believe that astronauts and cosmonaurts lie??????? I am amazed that their word can't be taken as some form of proof. I don't believe in angels or alien UFOs but I do regard those astro and cosmonauts as having some form of cred. Crikey I could never be that good.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Why do some people say the Astronauts are lying about aliens or UFO's, but telling the truth about going to the moon. If they lie, they are not credible.

Who's doing that? I believe what the astronauts say about their experiences in space. It's the people CLAIMING the astronauts said they saw UFOs, who are the liars. What's so hard to understand about that?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
yea know i read the title to this thread & i run out to my backyard & start carving an 80' angel/ demon statue to worship & it turns out to be bull

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

...Wow, you are really a bit mean spirited if everyone doesn't agree with your view. I know that you are a noted sceptic, but I think that you are also ignorant of reality.
You say Slayton's story is legit, yet you conveniently ignore it to prove your point. It only takes ONE legit case for this to be a legit phenomenon. Then there is Cooper, whom you also ignore because it doesn't fit your belief system. ....My friend, I think you are the one in a intellectual ghetto.

But why are you assuming the Slayton story is a 'legit case' when it has never been investigated? It's a legit REPORT, and we have hundreds of thousands of them. As Hynek defined it, a true UFO case is one that defies prosaic explanation even AFTER thorough investigation by researchers with skill and resources. Do you want to skip that step?

I was only focusing on the theme of the OP, astronaut sightings in space. You listed two X-15 pilots and the gemini-7 crew as UFO witnesses, but the real evidence from the witnesses themselves demolishes those internet claims -- if you opened your eyes and mind.

Your baseless assertion that I "ignore" Cooper's stories is yet further proof of your defiantly unapologetic self-imposed intellectual ghettoization. I'm the only guy who actually investigated his stories, a fact you seem determined to remain in the dark about. And James McDonald investigated the May 1957 Edwards case, to find that Cooper wasn't even involved. You do know who James McDonald was, don't you?

At some point you may tire of being the helpless dupe of any internet confabulator, and apply your energies and smarts to digging into the pony poop to find the pony, rather than worshipping the pony poop. Please let it be soon -- the genuine mysteries around this phenomenon need real help.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Why do some people say the Astronauts are lying about aliens or UFO's, but telling the truth about going to the moon. If they lie, they are not credible.

Who's doing that? I believe what the astronauts say about their experiences in space. It's the people CLAIMING the astronauts said they saw UFOs, who are the liars. What's so hard to understand about that?

Thankyou JimOberg.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

...Wow, you are really a bit mean spirited if everyone doesn't agree with your view. I know that you are a noted sceptic, but I think that you are also ignorant of reality.
You say Slayton's story is legit, yet you conveniently ignore it to prove your point. It only takes ONE legit case for this to be a legit phenomenon. Then there is Cooper, whom you also ignore because it doesn't fit your belief system. ....My friend, I think you are the one in a intellectual ghetto.

But why are you assuming the Slayton story is a 'legit case' when it has never been investigated? It's a legit REPORT, and we have hundreds of thousands of them. As Hynek defined it, a true UFO case is one that defies prosaic explanation even AFTER thorough investigation by researchers with skill and resources. Do you want to skip that step?

I was only focusing on the theme of the OP, astronaut sightings in space. You listed two X-15 pilots and the gemini-7 crew as UFO witnesses, but the real evidence from the witnesses themselves demolishes those internet claims -- if you opened your eyes and mind.

Your baseless assertion that I "ignore" Cooper's stories is yet further proof of your defiantly unapologetic self-imposed intellectual ghettoization. I'm the only guy who actually investigated his stories, a fact you seem determined to remain in the dark about. And James McDonald investigated the May 1957 Edwards case, to find that Cooper wasn't even involved. You do know who James McDonald was, don't you?

At some point you may tire of being the helpless dupe of any internet confabulator, and apply your energies and smarts to digging into the pony poop to find the pony, rather than worshipping the pony poop. Please let it be soon -- the genuine mysteries around this phenomenon need real help.

All right, peace. Lets change the discourse Jim.

In 100 words or less, what do you think the UFO phenomenon is about exactly? I will start.

I believe that some UFOs are intelligently controlled physical craft that do not originate on the known earth. They might be actual space travelers who have setup base in our solar system, unmanned probes, time travelers, or even inter-dimensional beings, but it is a non-human intelligence that we don't fully understand.

Aliens or inter-dimensional spirits, it doesn't matter. They are "alien" to our current reality. I also feel the greatest mysteries or our past are wrapped inside the UFO mystery. Where we came from and why we are here.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Jim you old Nasa die hard dog you, I bet there's actually a few choice things you could tell us if you took the Nasa sceptic hat off. I'm sure you have heard stuff not privy to us and just enjoy keeping us in the dark.

Mitchell although never claiming to have seen stuff is very open about saying he was told by people at the top of their game that things were different to what the public is told.

Bar senility which Edgar isn't he has no reason to pass on these apparent facts for other than honest reasons, its not exactly earned him a fortune.

Cooper who was suffering some form of either dementia or senility towards the end made these statements before and during having it. Again there's no reason for him to do this, I don't remember him as being part of the earn a quick UFO buck touring set?

Are you trying to tell us that all these items photographed and filmed by Nasa them self are mere ice crystals, bits of the craft (very lapse of them), bits of space junk and so on ans so forth.

Even when these items movement contrary to it being booster jets ie a recent one where the object comes towards the Chinese un docking craft.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Jim you old Nasa die hard dog you, I bet there's actually a few choice things you could tell us if you took the Nasa sceptic hat off. I'm sure you have heard stuff not privy to us and just enjoy keeping us in the dark.

Yeah, there are some videos from the space toilet tests in the vomit comet that would make a good party convesation starter. But the real secret stuff I spilled was when I took personal leave and went to Congress in 1997 and told them, under oath, that NASA's safety culture was decaying again. I walked out of my day job shortly after, unable to stem the slide to the second shuttle disaster.

I would be less of a mystery to you if you browsed around my home page [see signature] and see whose toes I've really stepped on -- from NASA to the Russian mafia to Kim Jung Un -- and give me some credit for pissing off all the right bad guys. Wa-a-a-ay down on my list of baddies are the folks who piggyback their own egos on made-up and misrepresented stories about 'astronaut secrets'. But they are still on my list, because the people they victimize, aside from the astronauts' own honor, are enthusiastic kids who love space and science but are too ready to believe anything exciting. Sort of like me, awhile ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Are you trying to tell us that all these items photographed and filmed by Nasa them self are mere ice crystals, bits of the craft (very lapse of them), bits of space junk and so on ans so forth. Even when these items movement contrary to it being booster jets ie a recent one where the object comes towards the Chinese un docking craft.

I'm trying to tell you what I've already told on my "99 FAQs", please stop avoiding it, and see if it answers any more of your questions. I'd be happy to follow up once you've caught up with what's already available.

Ditto my decades of research on Gordon Cooper's stories and why it might not be prudent to accept them fully without verification.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Not sure "how the evidence is against me"' or more correctly against my OPINION that astronauts have probably observed some things they have not disclosed.

Copper freely told about the UFOs that he witnessed.
Mitchell said that he believes UFOs are real and visiting earth.
Aldrin told of a UFO sighting on Apollo 11.
Musgrave detailed his own sighting.

I take it back, in fact there is a lot of evidence supporting US astronauts seeing UFOs.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Oberg!

thanks for getting back, and getting specific.

Cooper described two UFO incidents, in Germany in 1951 and at Edwards AFB in 1957. Have you ever seen any investigation report on them, or is his version to be accepted without verification? In any case -- nothing on any spaceflight. Even as 'UFO reports' -- when checked out, which you don't seem interested in, they are much less impressive then when narrated at UFO conventions decades later.

Mitchell, based on stories other people have told him, believes aliens have visited Earth. But he has never seen any, on spaceflights or on earth.

Aldrin told of watching a pulsing light on Apollo-11, which he never believed was a UFO, and for which he has a thoroughly reasonable prosaic explanation which you ought to look for. He is also annoyed at the TV producer who clipped and edited his own comments to make it sound like he was describing a 'true UFO', which he thinks is silly.

Musgrave has NEVER 'detailed' his own sighting, others have fabricated it. Musgrave reports he has never seen indicators of alien intelligence on any of his six space missions and knows of no other astronauts who have, either. He thinks intelligent life abounds out in the universe, but hasn't yet had the chance to meet it.

So -- four astronauts YOU offer as evidence of space UFO encounters -- the reality is zero out of four.

You really ought to venture out of the intellectual ghetto you have self-imprisoned yourself in, and partake of the full range of investigations of this wondrous phenomenon. It's worth the effort, and enthusiastic hard-headed no-nonsense analysts and investigators are really needed. Do consider giving it a try.

ADD: Here's an example of evidence you shouldn't ignore:

Ex-Astronaut Story Musgrave: ETs Exist, They're Just Not Visiting Earth

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"I'm going to tell them that, for me, and my interpretation of everything that's come my way, I cannot arrive at the idea that we have been visited -- either in the past or now," Musgrave told The Huffington Post.

"Some astronauts have been quoted as saying they think they're [aliens] out there -- I have seen their evidence, and for me, it's not evidence," he said. "Other astronauts were not able to provide me with any empirical evidence, either."

ADD 2:

and here's Aldrin explaining what he really thinks about the absurd claim that HE thinks he saw a UFO on his space mission:
www.csicop.org...
UFOs and Aliens in Space
Skeptical Inquirer David Morrison Volume 33.1, January / February 2009

edit on 2-4-2013 by JimOberg because: add musgrave and aldrin links

I don't know Jim,
Cooper's account of the Edwards AFB sighting
wasn't uninteresting or unimpressive to me.
He had a clear view,filmed it, and it was certainly a classic flying saucer.

Not something he had to make out through clouds or haze
as it landed and was sitting on the runway.
And like many astronauts, he doesn't strike me as a story fabricator.

In all, many Astronauts have had sightings.
They are trained observers and after missions they are certainly
debriefed to a level most never go through and yet...they still tell UFO stories.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Cooper's account of the Edwards AFB sighting wasn't uninteresting or unimpressive to me. He had a clear view,filmed it, and it was certainly a classic flying saucer.

As far as I'm aware and according to his own testimony Cooper didn't see it first hand , the crew filmed it and took the film to his office , his knowledge of the incident is based on second hand testimony .

I like Gordon Cooper and would like to believe what he says is true but without backup from one of the crew that were there it is just a story .

edit on 3-4-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Years ago..there was a TV documentary on NASA and UFO's, well anyway I am sure one of the astronauts said he saw a "winged entity" outside the space shuttle flying in the vacuum of space, and how ever he described it, it sounded like mothman or some demon type thing. I also remembered one of them saying they saw a multi colored ring like object..and I remember seeing footage of this object, but it was really far away from the camera ..I believe Gordon Cooper was the astronaut who saw this ring thing..

well within the last year or two I saw the same documentary on TV..cant recall its name...but the clip about the winged entity was not in it...I am now thinking I must have imagined that part...
Has anyone else every heard of a astronaut seeing a winged entity outside in space?
I did a search and found some bizarre story about Russian cosmonauts seeing angels outside their space station..which is even more crazy if true...but im sure this is not the same story im referring to.

So have any of you guys heard a story about an astronaut seeing a winged humanoid in space?
edit on 2-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

Seen as ordered by Pope? There must be a heaven and angels upthere?

I looked and looked but I didn't see God.
As quoted in To Rise from Earth (1996) by Wayne Lee; some websites quote him as saying "I looked and looked and looked but I didn't see God." on 14 April 1961, a couple days after his historic flight, but the authenticity of such statements have been disputed; Colonel Valentin Petrov stated in 2006 that the cosmonaut never said such words, and that the quote originated from Nikita Khrushchev's speech at the plenum of the Central Committee of the CPSU about the state's anti-religion campaign, saying "Gagarin flew into space, but didn't see any god there." Gagarin himself was a member of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Variant: No I didn't see God. I looked and looked but I didn't see God.
As quoted in What's Missing Inside You? (2006) by Paul Schlieker, p. 17

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I don't know Jim,
Cooper's account of the Edwards AFB sighting
wasn't uninteresting or unimpressive to me.
He had a clear view,filmed it, and it was certainly a classic flying saucer.

Not something he had to make out through clouds or haze
as it landed and was sitting on the runway.
And like many astronauts, he doesn't strike me as a story fabricator.

In all, many Astronauts have had sightings.
They are trained observers and after missions they are certainly
debriefed to a level most never go through and yet...they still tell UFO stories.

Sealing, thiose are all reasonable going-in positions to take, based on certain assumptions about the raw material you are basing your conclusions on. And if you stop there, and just trust the internet buzz machine to present a balanced and fair account of all of the evidence, it's understandable why a reasonable person would feel the way you do.

But take the Cooper version of the Edwards case [May 1957]. His version has evolved over the years, getting better with each retelling, placing him closer and closer to the center of it. Probably the most trust-shattering evidence has to be the detailed report that James McDonald prepared for his 1968 congressional testimony, where he interviewed the direct eyewitnesses, Bittick and Gettys. I later exchanged mail with Gettys [1982-3], too.

If you compare what they said, with the fair assumption that McDonald was accurate, you come up with a narrative that is hopelessly discordant with Cooper's much, much later story. The easiest explanation is that Cooper 'improved' his story for his audiences, an explanation supported by at least a dozen other examples where he mythified/mystified experiences from his space missions all out of touch with actual documented history [eg his flying through a meteor swarm in 1965, or capturing photos of 'Area 51' with a handheld camera].

When you say 'many astronauts' have had sightings, I caution you that most of the internet reports are fictitious, with nothing at all to do with the actual views of the astronauts or cosmonauts. There are interesting cases -- i'm intrigued by Kovalyonok's mutating cloud account below his space station as they passed over the secret South African missile test range -- and detecting visual anomalies can be a matter of life and death [spacecraft malfunctions and damage can show up first as 'stuff' going on outside]. So paying attention -- and filtering the noise out, to detect the signal. is still important.

And it's true that internet search engines are NOT conducive to locating explanations and refutations of such claims -- a failure of the logic of the programs. Something needs to be improved in this regard but I haven't found a good way.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Those winged beings are probably fallen angels, a very scary sight to see!
edit on 3-4-2013 by KingPanzergrenadier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Menedes567
Those "winged beings" are 5th, 6th, 7th Dimensional Beings. After Earth ascends to 5th dimension next year in 2014, all of us living on Earth will be 5th dimensional beings with all sorts of cool powers and abilities.

Nahh, it isn't going to happen...

People are far to corrupt, and the world is so full of evil and corruption that to think people are going to somehow escape and ascend into some really cool superbeings, and all for free without any accountability for the evil deeds they have done is totally ludicrous... Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

All right, peace. Lets change the discourse Jim.

In 100 words or less, what do you think the UFO phenomenon is about exactly? I will start.

I believe that some UFOs are intelligently controlled physical craft that do not originate on the known earth. They might be actual space travelers who have setup base in our solar system, unmanned probes, time travelers, or even inter-dimensional beings, but it is a non-human intelligence that we don't fully understand.

Aliens or inter-dimensional spirits, it doesn't matter. They are "alien" to our current reality. I also feel the greatest mysteries or our past are wrapped inside the UFO mystery. Where we came from and why we are here.

ATS was down for a day and I gotta head out to a long weekend with kids, but I want to stay on target with your questions. Some may already be answered in other responses, or on my home page, but get back to me Sunday or monday to organize what has fallen through the crack.

UFO reports are worth studying, i believe, because interesting things are hidden among them.

In parallel, i'm fascinated after a lifetime of living and doing space stuff to see how vigorously the popular culture picks and chooses and keeps and changes pieces of the original flow of events. In some areas I have a hard time recognizing what people think happened, compared to what I saw happen. That's mighty dismaying.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Hi. You are correct, there was a story about a winged entity outside of a space station, shuttle flight,or space flight, but I can't remember the source of the story, just I remember there was one. So Crazy you are not going...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Thanks for posting this thread, it is very interesting. I'm a conspiracy theorist from way back but I've never heard or read of this event before now.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This is my first time looking through this thread.
I'm surprised no one posted this video of Deke Slayton's UFO comments:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join