It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and evolotion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

DNA shows we had 1 female ancestor and 1 male ancestor? Yea I bet we did have an ancestor and that ancestor was a human.~ Thousands of years apart, wiith eve first? I am guessing you are talking about asexual reproduction, which is in essence making a copy of one's self.

well thats a wild leap you chose to make i almost fell of my chair laughing reading it

Asexual reproduction is impossible for comlex organisms thats why we developed sexual reproduction

yes we all carry the genetic marker from a single female and a single male that are between 40,000-80,000 years apart

ready for this?

there was a female(we shall call her eve) who successfuly mated with at least 1 male at least once, this resulted in at least 1 child this child carried her genetic marker the child grew up and had several children all carrying the genetic marker of eve

those children had children so on so on exponential growth we are all decended from eve and so carry her gentic marker

what happened to result in such a loss of population that the only breeding group was decended from eve we do not know, but this does not mean it didnt happen it obviously did were just not sure why yet

the same thing happened with our male(adam) 40-80,000 years later for what ever reason only the decendant group of adams(who know already carried eves genetic marker) were the only breeding population

from that group we are all decended

so we carry the markers for adam and eve in our genetics

and im so glad i now get to reproduce with a female and we both get to enjoy it ratehr then just splitting myself in two which would be messy and dull

Now asexual reproduction is highly productive and a lot easier than sexual reproduction,
but has limits of complexity that make it not so highly productive for larger more complex organisms

Mutations are primarily permanent changes in the DNA strand. DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is the information storage unit for all organisms, including humans, cats and dogs. In humans, the DNA consists of about 3 billion base pairs. *snip for basic genetics class* For molecules-to-man evolution to happen, there needs to be a gain in new information within the organism’s genetic material. For instance, for a single-celled organism, such as an ameba, to evolve into something like a cow, new information (not random base pairs, but complex and ordered DNA) would need to develop over time that would code for ears, lungs, brain, legs, etc.
you do realsie we have examples of additional information being created which results in mutation already

Amoeba dubia

Amoeba proteus

Homo sapiens

so no no need for additional base pairs anyway amoeba's have way way more then us ^_^

so why would this 'eve' work thousands of years to create a male organism so that they could produce offspring? It would have been much better off just making more copies of iteself. Lets consider mutations, just for the fun of it.
she didnt ^_^ it had happened long long before that

But the 'eve' could simply just create another one of itself, why go through all this work to make a human, or a male, or a leaf, or an apple? Why create more competition for itself?
umm she didnt she couldnt and this is just a bit odd

God created everything, horses produce horses and humans produce humans.
care to substanciate that? and i mean evidence not bible passages

Take computer program, lets call this program PEN. Now PEN can only work on Windows Vista, not windows XP or Mac. But a man named Ted can alter some of the software on PEN and make it work with windows XP, but he will never be able to alter it far enough to work on the Mac. Why? Because Windows Vista and Windows XP are the same KIND. but if PEN had the ability to adapt its self through random changes effected by the enviroment it finds its self in and reproduce its self like a virus it would alter its own programming to work given that the enviroment changed from Vista to xp and mac in a semi gradual change not a sudden one to the other immediate switch

when the OS flux was high most of of the pen varients would cease to work but the ones that could work no matter how badly would have further chance to reproduce and alter its self so it was better able to function within the enviroment it found its self

Thanks For Reading,
~TheMythLives

no problem hope my explenations helped enlighten you a little to our genetic adam and eve

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

yes we all carry the genetic marker from a single female and a single male that are between 40,000-80,000 years apart

Does this genetic marker have the make up of an ape or a human?

umm she didnt she couldnt and this is just a bit odd

But if you want to use the argument that we all originated from a common ancestor, yes sir this eve did and yes it is odd...

care to substanciate that? and i mean evidence not bible passages

Yes, when have you seen a dog gradually change into a turkey? or a chicken gradually turn into a poodle? Why would people think that bones in the ground could do something that animals living could not do? It just does not make sense. Horses make horses and dogs make dogs.

but if PEN had the ability to adapt its self through random changes effected by the enviroment it finds its self in and reproduce its self like a virus it would alter its own programming to work given that the enviroment changed from Vista to xp and mac in a semi gradual change not a sudden one to the other immediate switch

Reproduces itself like a virus? No sir, a program and virus are different. Yes it would adapt to its environment, but no it would not evolve into a program that would work on mac. It would alter its own programming, exactly its own programming would be altered and create a mutation, now your assuming that this mutated PEN could reproduce itself, it cannot. A Liger cannot mate with another Liger. Stopping Mutations is Gods way of fixing the problem.

when the OS flux was high most of of the pen varients would cease to work but the ones that could work no matter how badly would have further chance to reproduce and alter its self so it was better able to function within the enviroment it found its self

Yes it would adapt, but would not be able to mate with a mac program or evolve to work with the mac kind.

no problem hope my explenations helped enlighten you a little to our genetic adam and eve

Hope I have helped you as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

theya re the same thing so both

But if you want to use the argument that we all originated from a common ancestor, yes sir this eve did and yes it is odd...
not really ameoba do it all the time so if by eve you mean the first breeding organism that would fire of the evolutionary process then yes she could yes she did

but she wouldnt really be a she bieng asexual

Yes, when have you seen a dog gradually change into a turkey?
it was a magic show 2 years ago, ever seen god? (i so know your gonna answer yes .. well until i put this then its 50/50

or a chicken gradually turn into a poodle?
last week at McDonalds, ever seen air? then how do you breath omg were all gonna suffocate

please ask sensible questions

by the way dogs and chickens as are are the result of selectvie breeding not evolution

Why would people think that bones in the ground could do something that animals living could not do? It just does not make sense. Horses make horses and dogs make dogs.
please what a terrible argument

and if i put my fingers in my ears and go lalallalalalalala you never said what you said becasue i didnt hear it

whale evolution, the fossil record we have for them clearly show it going from a land loving 4 legged animal to a modern whale we have hundreds of species showing the changing process from one to the other

did i see it happen? no im no where near old enough

guess what not just whales either

we have so many transitional species fossils we no longer know where to put them we cant decide if they go in the reptile box or the mammal box the lines of what classification it falls into have become way to blurry

but ill tell you what get a bunch of chickens let em loose in an enviroment they will survive in sit back and wath the show if in a few hundred thousand years theya re still exactly the same then you can come tell me im wrong and illa ccept that as evidence

what you said above is not evidence,jsut what you said above

Reproduces itself like a virus? No sir, a program and virus are different. ummmm i really dont know what to say, you dont understand evolution but say its wrong

then create a comupter based analogy but arnt even aware of a computer virus a self replicating program ....

Yes it would adapt to its environment, but no it would not evolve into a program that would work on mac. It would alter its own programming, exactly its own programming would be altered and create a mutation, now your assuming that this mutated PEN could reproduce itself, it cannot. A Liger cannot mate with another Liger. Stopping Mutations is Gods way of fixing the problem.
if somthing cant reproduce it cant evolve

your argument is saying evolution is wrong becasue a rock doesnt evolve, rocks have nothing to do with evolution

Yes it would adapt, but would not be able to mate with a mac program or evolve to work with the mac kind.
your screwing up your own analogy

mac OS is the enviroment not a species in this analogy

you adapt but your not able to mate with rocks either does that mean you dont exist?

Hope I have helped you as well.
well you made me smile

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

A quick note - apes and humans are not the same. True, all humans are apes, but not all apes are humans. I know what you were saying, but some folks on here might leap on that with a big, ridiculous "A-HA! Evolution is teh sux0rszzss" and derail this discussion. I just thought I'd try to clear that up.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by noobfun

A quick note - apes and humans are not the same. True, all humans are apes, but not all apes are humans. I know what you were saying, but some folks on here might leap on that with a big, ridiculous "A-HA! Evolution is teh sux0rszzss" and derail this discussion. I just thought I'd try to clear that up.

i was just to eager to get to the point lol

your absoulutley right dave

all people are apes but not all apes are people

quick correction

all people are apes so i guess both

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.

Charles Darwin - The Origin of Species

- Emphasis mine

That's basically what Charles Darwin believed. That God created life and from that point it evolved into what we see today.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
grr hit reply instead of edit

was gonan fix an error i just spotted

[edit on 8/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That has nothing to do with evolution. Whether God did it or not is not a scientific question, but a question for theist philosophers. It can never be proved nor disproved, hence it has no place in science.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join