It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to do good after you die? Donate people donate.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Is it impossible that there might be a conversation like this in the head of the first medic to the scene "Man, even if he makes it through this, which is really doubtful, he's going to have a tremendously painful life. It looks like he's got a lot of good organs though. His license says he's a donor. He'll never feel it if I just stop his breathing."

I've heard this same horror scenario way too many times, from way too many medical professionals. Unfortunately, you are right on the money, and if they don't think you will have a good quality of life, or not too many years left, odds are your donor status just sentenced you to die. It all depends on the doctor of course (this is NOT the kind of decision made by the EMTs, etc.), and likely depends on the doc's current patient roster...but it is enough to keep me from doing it. I want that decision to be my family's, not some stranger doc.

No problem donating blood, but nope on the organs.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry, had to take our family off the dontating lists because: they seem to rush the death factoid stage a little too much and don't use anthetics to remove the organs. A vast majority of people suffer hideously and its obscene crimes against humanity to do it the way they do it, because they're absolute blood sucking satanists. Lots of doctors and ministers involved in those gruesome rituals. So, please be far more careful in this world.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh, I wouldn't wish any part of me on anyone. But, my mother-in-law's available. She swears she's not dead yet, but you know how those mother-in-laws lie!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Great news

Wales have voted to do the opt out system so If you do not want to leave your organs you will have to opt out and If you don't they can use you after death to save others

www.bbc.co.uk...

I hope it is successful and the rest of the UK follow suit.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
My bone marrow test is next tuesday...gonna hurt but hey It may help someone.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You do know here in the USA, if you donate your body to science, they CHARGE you to donate it???

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A video of a guy looking for a kidney for his wife.

hope he finds someone willing to help him.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Just an update my bone marrow donation date was cancelled due to a double booking, just waiting for the new date to come.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi,

I think donate after death is good thing because we help people after death is a good thing.
www.foods4betterhealth.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I used to be an organ donor ... I signed up for it and it and I carried the card, etc.
Now I"m chronically ill. 'They' don't want my body parts.
I don't blame them.
I am trying to arrange for my body to be donated in whole to autoimmune medical research.
I've made a few phone calls but so far ... no one wants it.

But I'll keep trying.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
My bone marrow test is next tuesday...gonna hurt but hey It may help someone.

Back when I signed up to be on the bone marrow donation list, there was no test that went into the bone marrow. It was done by a simple blood test. It was quick and painless. No one ever called up needing bone marrow from me, but it was nice to be available if someone needed it.

Now ... I can't donate. I have autoimmune and it's systemic. In fact, 'they' are now thinking that my Sjogrens may originate in the bone marrow.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. s&f

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Thanks so much for starting this thread. If folks dont think they have anything worth donating...I will give one example.

Your skin. Try working all night in a childrens burn unit when they change their burn dressings and it pulls the new flesh right off with it. Their screams I still hear years after I left.

Donate your organs and skin friends. Dont take it to Heaven with you. We need it right here!

Thanks again friend MS

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I will be paying for full body cryogenic preservation. If I decide to do neuropreservation then i'll surely donate!

Have you seen this movie by chance?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

No any good? I will try and find it tmr after work, got a late sleep in today

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It's thought provoking, and quite emotional. I had my gripes with the film but liked it overall. Spoiler alert: it's related to organ donations.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I like to be a good person.

Hopefull God loves me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I did the marrow test

Didn't hurt as much as I thought and got a great goodie bag on my way home

Come on people Donate!!.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join