It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male chromosomes doomed - Females the future of evolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Well, I'm just going to say it.

I like guys. A lot.

Why in the world would you want to reproduce asexually? I think the current method far more fun.

Yeah but it sure would put a stop to all these neverending "he vs. she" arguments right quick... No differences between the sexes anymore.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

Evolutionary geneticist Jenny Graves says while the process is likely to happen within the next five million years it could have begun in some isolated groups.
I saw the thread title and though there might only be a few males left, who would be asked to re-populate the species.

But then I read this about it taking 5 million years to happen, and I won't be around in 5 million years to find out.

A lot can happen in 5 million years, but still, it seems pretty unlikely. It was interesting to watch Jurassic Park movies and hear about how some lower life forms like frogs can change their sexes, for real. Humans claim to, but they are not reproductively viable sex changes.

In any case, no matter who you believe, it appears women will be stuck with men for at least another 5 million years. I'm glad to see some think that's not all bad

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
History has given us many examples of tyrannical Queens and women who have attained power through their just as tyrannical hubby hubbies.

Take note of the boldfaced type.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just as a disclaimer, i kinda like men, easy and fun creatures to be around. One of the sweetest, cutest individuals on earth is one of them, my son.

Having said that, this is just natural selection 1.0. It is god's masterplan. Who am i to disagree

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How is this new?
I hear this since 25 years now....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There is another myth going around that Blonds are going to die out, well, all four of my youngest sons sons okay, four of my grandsons, in the same family, are blonds, so I think its a myth blonds are dying out.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That'll be rich. Then I can come home from work, make myself a cup of coffee and sit down - whoops! - okay maybe not now Chasing is preggers. That would be awful - like bubonic awful.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
How is this new?
I hear this since 25 years now....

It's not new. It's merely an update that demonstrates that was proposed back then is in fact being buttressed by all assessments since.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This can be corrected now with a sperm bank starting now.

As long as sperm is kept frozen it shall remain good in future use.

my theory we aren't low on our Male chromosomes yet. So when this does in fact happen we can use these sperm banks and restore fertility for a couple more thousand/hundered/what ever years.

Maybe even freeze female eggs, if thats possible to transplant them.
edit on 4-4-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well if its doomed, have this feeling it would be changed or upgraded, as I highly doubt God/Divine Energy or the Cosmos intends to do away with males. We'd be having to engineer them. I don't swing the other way, and don't think women would really want to be without men.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

All one has to do is to look around at to see that the male human construct is an anathema to the survival of the species; be it because of the carnage the male gender causes throughout the world or

Carnage? It's hardly a human trait - it most mammal species the male is stronger and more aggressive, it is only natural that Human males are also more aggressive. That said, there have been plenty of examples of Female rulers in history being as bloodthirsty as any male. Nice try at being a sexist though!

for the simple fact that a female can reproduce without a male being present, yet the reverse is impossible. It's clear to see that all roads lead to a male gender that will soon become defunct in the eyes of evolution.

Do tell me exactly how a Human female can reproduce without a male. Males are, as in every other animal species, vital to reproduction, the same as females. Some animals will even go so far as to change their sex if there is an imbalance.

The future of evolution lies in the strength of the mind, not the body. There is little need for barbarians nowadays; women serve in even the military. I guess this is likely why females have been so repressed throughout history (and still are in many cases)- men probably had some innate, subconscious inkling that their days were numbered. Now science is buttressing these tacit understandings.

Hardly. One scientist that seems to have made a career out of trying to predict the extinction of man is outnumbered by pretty much every other scientist in the field.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I highly doubt God/Divine Energy or the Cosmos intends to do away with males.

If you think the fanciful human notions of "god" and the "divine" have anything to do with anything outside of the imagination, then you likely wouldn't subscribe to anything to do with evolutionary science.
edit on 5-4-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Carnage? It's hardly a human trait - it most mammal species the male is stronger and more aggressive, it is only natural that Human males are also more aggressive.

Yes. And in an age where we no longer flee from predators and have machines to do the labour for us, it has become a non essential trait. In fact, testosterone is attributed to many cancers, hair loss and innumerable other ailments / genetic defects.

Thus, as is the wont of the evolutionary process, these 'flaws' will slowly be weeded out. It just takes time. It was only a few hundred years ago that the majority of the planet were living near caveman-esque existences- it takes evolution time to catch up.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
feminist data

I think the word you were looking for was scientist [data]. You know, as distinct from, say, a nonentity conspiracy forum poster's 'data' (i.e., drivel).

Originally posted by LordGoofus
So how exactly does a female reproduce without a male being present? If you're talking about in-vitro fertilization, you still need a male sperm....

Yes. And the male does not need to be present for this process to take place.

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Yeah without us horrible dangling appendage between the legs men the world would have been peaches and cream, unicorns and rainbows, love and light.

Get bloody real. Women are just as barbaric and violent as men are

Really?

Name me a female dictator? How about a religion created by females that oppresses males and sanctions the molestation of children? Any female military arms inventors? What's the male-female child sexual abuse ratio, again...?
---

The female X chromosome is predisposed to intelligence and reproduction- it's known as a 'special chromosome' (as in, given to the furtherment of a species). The male Y chromosome's primary function is to produce the testes and thus semen in order to facilitate the reproduction process. This, of course, entails testosterone and its myriad Neanderthal-like dispositional traits.

It's quiet clear that if the focus of evolution is to ensure a species survives, which it surely is, then the male Y chromosome is something it could probably do without. At very least, something that can be greatly improved upon. Hence it now being confirmed as a dead chromosome walking!

(NB: For the record, I'm 100% male
)

a male feminist! great how very progressive of you lol. something tells me CristobalColonic has some big "daddy issues" sorry I know this sounds like a personal attack which it actually isn't. Your over the top and irrational hate towards males would suggest its most likely an issue of who your male role model was. Maybe this issue became worse with other males "school kids can be mean" anyway if your going to attribute all of society faults collectively on males you must also pay attention to its successes

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

sexist much? and here is a few links that refute your statement in its entirety
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The new paper reconstructed evolution of male-specific genes by sequencing the Y chromosome of the rhesus monkey and found it retains only three per cent of those from its ancestral 'autosome' - a non-sex chromosome. Biologist Professor David Page, of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and colleagues said the 'Y' - despite arguments to the contrary - has a long, healthy future ahead of it. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Prof Page said: ‘This paper simply destroys the idea of the disappearing Y chromosome. I challenge anyone to argue when confronted with this data.’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.bbc.co.uk... from the bbc if they are more to your liking
on the topic of making one gender obsolete or how ever you put it have you heard about the artifical womb they are developing? they have successfully birthed sharks this way and human trials are on the horizon in japan
io9.com...

www.33rdsquare.com... British have grown mice this way

rhrealitycheck.org... this one talks about how they have grown a human for ten days in one (could have gone on longer but legal issues prevented the scientist in question)

Quietly, in 2003, she and her team succeeded in growing a mouse embryo, almost to full term, by adding engineered endometrium tissue to a bio-engineered, extra-uterine “scaffold.” More recently, she grew a human embryo, for ten days in an artificial womb. Her work is limited by legislation that imposes a 14-day limit on research project of this nature. As complicated as it is, her goal is a functioning external womb.

ieet.org... talks about a potential sexless future (meaning we wont have intercourse.not loose a gender) which i personally would think would take all the fun out of it

i see this technology helping reducing preemie babies,possibly get rid of genetic defects and inherited disease and eventually eliminating the need for an abortion( i tend to be pro choice but there would be alot less yelling at each other for what people do with their own bodies this way) and or let the father keep the baby that a mother did not want to come to term (by transferring it to an artificial womb)as well as helping those with out a partner have children of their own,not to mention what this kind of advance would mean for the gay and lesbian community

so it seems that while the op seemed to think manhood was due for death its really natural motherhood that is on the chopping block at-least as far as recent scientific developments go

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Old news, the Y-chromosome is shrinking. However the genes located on it will migrate to another chromosome (possibly X). We have been using the two gender system of reproduction for a long long time

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
your proof is already here, just take one look at justin bieber lol

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I highly doubt God/Divine Energy or the Cosmos intends to do away with males.

If you think the fanciful human notions of "god" and the "divine" have anything to do with anything outside of the imagination, then you likely wouldn't subscribe to anything to do with evolutionary science.
edit on 5-4-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

This entire thing is a hologram. Its a Creational Interactive School, for our soul progression. And I use the word God as its what most people use. God/Goodness/Family of Love and Goodness, The Spirit of Peace and Love. It's the reality we're in with our sceince ant hill by comparison. This is akin to dreaming, a dream lab even.

And we're doing away with men in it, nor letting Rothchilds and their Annanuki or Draco overlords reshape the world their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join