It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male chromosomes doomed - Females the future of evolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Men's sex chromosome is doomed: scientist

Evolutionary geneticist Jenny Graves says while the process is likely to happen within the next five million years it could have begun in some isolated groups.

LINK

Well, well, well... Seems the Neanderthal male 'anomaly' is dying out through the agency of evolution itself!

Sure makes a mockery of the phallocentric, male fashioned and dominated world we live in today. Not to mention, it goes some way to explaining the 'transgender phenomenon' that seems to have become all the rage nowadays...

edit on 2-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

lol keep your kook feminist scientist to yourself heres a link by real scientist who disagree with her www.newscientist.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
And the world will then continue on in eternal peace and harmony….

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Predictions of the Y demise might be greatly exaggerated.

ajw.asahi.com...

This past February, a team of American researchers published a paper that blows a hole in this theory. They found that the Y chromosome's decay has not been steady. Rather, it has occurred in stages through a process that has weeded out the weaker genes and left the stronger ones, ensuring the chromosome's survival.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This just goes to show the only Males will Evolve lol!

Males are the mutations, and are the diversity in Humans. Without Y its all X.
edit on 4/2/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What does this have to do with evolution?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe we'll eventually evolve to reproduce asexually.

Wouldn't that be a hoot !

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You can always find someone to decry the most patent facts. See: theologists

All one has to do is to look around at to see that the male human construct is an anathema to the survival of the species; be it because of the carnage the male gender causes throughout the world or for the simple fact that a female can reproduce without a male being present, yet the reverse is impossible. It's clear to see that all roads lead to a male gender that will soon become defunct in the eyes of evolution.

The future of evolution lies in the strength of the mind, not the body. There is little need for barbarians nowadays; women serve in even the military. I guess this is likely why females have been so repressed throughout history (and still are in many cases)- men probably had some innate, subconscious inkling that their days were numbered. Now science is buttressing these tacit understandings.

edit on 2-4-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Males where supposed to be small elephants but god put the trunk in the wrong place and thought, "oh man what have i done", so the name stuck lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Sex based animals, male/female have been around for 100's of millions of years on Earth; both plant and animal. I significantly doubt that males, human males or otherwise, will die out genetically or some such.

If anything like that were to happen, I would guess it would happen on the order of 100's of millions of years. Although, who may know what kind of effects all of our "modernization" may play.

Simply because human male's Y chromosomes are changing at a quicker rate than most, does not mean anything really. It could mean a whole assortment of things ranging from significant to insignificant, we simply don't have the data or the length of observation to make these kind of claims, we can only go by probability and the prevalence and endurance of the two sexes throughout history. We also have not had modern observational skills or technologies to know if human y chromosomes have been changing at the rate they do today, in the past and throughout human history.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

All one has to do is to look around at to see that the male human construct is an anathema to the survival of the species; be it because of the carnage the male gender causes throughout the world or for the simple fact that a female can reproduce without a male being present, yet the reverse is impossible. It's clear to see that all roads lead to a male gender that will soon become defunct in the eyes of evolution.

The future of evolution lies in the strength of the mind, not the body. There is little need for barbarians nowadays; women serve in even the military. I guess this is likely why females have been so repressed throughout history (and still are in many cases)- men probably had some innate, subconscious inkling that their days were numbered. Now science is buttressing these tacit understandings.

edit on 2-4-2013 by CristobalColonic because: (no reason given)

feminist data that contiguously gets proven incorrect is somehow a cover up lol don't you get tired of always being wrong? I mean one simple Google and you could of saved face or is checking or balancing out your story something only males do because females are never wrong

edit on 2-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by harbour45

YES!!! Once cloning goes full steam..we can bring on the WICKER man

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So how exactly does a female reproduce without a male being present? If you're talking about in-vitro fertilization, you still need a male sperm....

Also ignoring that fact that this "scientists" theory has been proven incorrect, even the scientist herself says that while the "Y" chromosome will disappear, another will take its place to distinguish male from female. She's not saying that males will disappear at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This delusion that women taking over the world will somehow make everything light and fluffy and tripping through lush green meadows ignores the fact that throughout history women have been just as ruthless, violent and sadistic as men. Men aren't the superior sex, and neither are the women. The two sexes are complimentary. One is generally rough, the other is generally soft. One is generally driven by logic, the other by emotion...

Here's a little bit of light reading for you:

Empress Dowager Cixi of China - Known as the "Dragon Lady" and feared by many. Murdered her heir to the throne when she realised she was dying so he couldn't have it.

Boudica, Queen of the British Iceni Tribe - Led an uprising against Rome.

Ilse Koch, wife of commandant of a Nazi concentration camp - Extremely sadistic woman that ordered furniture made out of human skin amongst other things.

Cleopatra - Well known for her beauty, lesser known for her sexual appetite wherein she would sleep with slaves and have them killed immediately after. Also rumoured to have bathed in human blood believing it would help maintain her youthful appearance.

Elizabeth Bathory - Abducted and mutilated several girls, bit chunks of flesh off her victims, responsible for possibly more than 100 "disappearances" during her rule.

Catherine de Medic - Orchestrated the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre.

Queen Mary I - Known as "Bloody Mary". 'Nough said.

Myra Hindley - Kidnapped, tortured and murdered two teenagers and a few young children along with her accomplice.

Beberley Allit - Nurse that injected potassium into children to induce heart attacks, or smothered them with a pillow when potassium wasn't available.

Belle Gunness - Killed both her husbands, every one of her suitors, her children, all her boyfriends plus many more people in the name of collecting on their insurance policies or stealing their posessions.

Irma Grese - Another product of Hitler, known for half-starving guard dogs then setting them loose on prisoners, randomly shooting prisoners for no particular reason and choosing which prisoners should goto the gas chamber.

Katherine Knight - Killed an 8month old puppy in front of her husband, stabbed one of her husbands to death, skinned him and hung the skin over the living room door frame, made soup out of his head and baked his bum for a delicious sunday afternoon roast.
edit on 2-4-2013 by LordGoofus because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Wow...

Yeah without us horrible dangling appendage between the legs men the world would have been peaches and cream, unicorns and rainbows, love and light.

Get bloody real. Women are just as barbaric and violent as men are, and from what ive seen in my life in many ways they can be worse (there's a difference to female violence or aggression that to me at any rate has a harshness normal male violence doesn't have)... its funny but I watched a doco once about a gender swap a woman was doing and at one point she/he started taking the testosterone injections to finalize her/his operations, it was funny seeing how they reacted to it and how their female partner reacted to them, the increased violence, aggression and other 'male' aspects manifesting in her/him rapidly. All I could think was, now you know what we as men (usually successfully) have to learn to control from our birth... they almost gave up because of it.

Men are often encouraged to do things like wearing a pregnancy suit to empathize with their mate during events like childbirth, so why dont all women go on 1 month course of testosterone injections to take a few steps in the 'male' world. Lets see if your flaunted empathy (which is stupid since all humans have empathy and the capacity to turn it off and on when required) can help you understand what it is to be one of us inferior base males... I bet it would be quite a sobering experience for most.

Male and female violence in my opinion as we know it is purely cultural anyway, yes there are gender bias towards certain things but that is purely for survival, its the males role in any animal to protect his mate and throw down his life when needed (we are after all at its most simplest expendable impregnators), somewhere along the line this necessary bent towards protective aggression got turned inwards with humans.

Either way, I find women who just blurt out that men are pigs, violent and the ill of all the worlds problems no different than the men those same women are decrying, the height of hypocrisy.

I am a male, I can harbor violence (and as most men could honestly tell you it can be a very dark place), but so can you, but would I ever use it the way others would male or female, no I dont believe so... its got nothing to do with my gender, but us as people, as individuals.

Anyone female or male who pushes for dominance of one gender over the other, or the end of one or the other has deep seated issues, either now or in the past they have to work to get over or come to a truce with. Such thoughts are in my opinion unnatural, life at its basic and most proper level is two genders...

Why get rid of one or the other?.. think about it, what actual non emotive, political, idealogical, logical reason is there to ever do so?.. there simply isnt any.

Edit:- its odd, you mention the future lies in the mind not the body...

Thing is whos mind, what mind, which mind, after all the male and female mind has differences but is essentially the same, or are males simply physical things to you, devoid of thought? Is the mind to you a female domain... if so, i have some startling news for you... or maybe ive been a female trapped in a mans body all these decades!

Hmmm thinking about it, i think your post is simply a star grabbing troll post.
edit on 2-4-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, I'm just going to say it.

I like guys. A lot.

Why in the world would you want to reproduce asexually? I think the current method far more fun.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
Males where supposed to be small elephants but god put the trunk in the wrong place and thought, "oh man what have i done", so the name stuck lol

Unfortunately for me, last time i checked i wasnt hung like and elephants trunk :-(

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
feminist data

I think the word you were looking for was scientist [data]. You know, as distinct from, say, a nonentity conspiracy forum poster's 'data' (i.e., drivel).

Originally posted by LordGoofus
So how exactly does a female reproduce without a male being present? If you're talking about in-vitro fertilization, you still need a male sperm....

Yes. And the male does not need to be present for this process to take place.

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Yeah without us horrible dangling appendage between the legs men the world would have been peaches and cream, unicorns and rainbows, love and light.

Get bloody real. Women are just as barbaric and violent as men are

Really?

Name me a female dictator? How about a religion created by females that oppresses males and sanctions the molestation of children? Any female military arms inventors? What's the male-female child sexual abuse ratio, again...?
---

The female X chromosome is predisposed to intelligence and reproduction- it's known as a 'special chromosome' (as in, given to the furtherment of a species). The male Y chromosome's primary function is to produce the testes and thus semen in order to facilitate the reproduction process. This, of course, entails testosterone and its myriad Neanderthal-like dispositional traits.

It's quiet clear that if the focus of evolution is to ensure a species survives, which it surely is, then the male Y chromosome is something it could probably do without. At very least, something that can be greatly improved upon. Hence it now being confirmed as a dead chromosome walking!

(NB: For the record, I'm 100% male
)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ahem...

We seem to be getting a little heated up in here...

Let's take a bit of a chill pill, and discuss the issue like the adults we all profess to be. Male and female.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
feminist data

I think the word you were looking for was scientist [data]. You know, as distinct from, say, a nonentity conspiracy forum poster's 'data' (i.e., drivel).

Originally posted by LordGoofus

Yes. And the male does not need to be present for this process to take place.

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

Get bloody real. Women are just as barbaric and violent as men are

Really?

Name me a female dictator? How about a religion created by females that oppresses males and sanctions the molestation of children? Any female military arms inventors? What's the male-female child sexual abuse ratio, again...?
---

The female X chromosome is predisposed to intelligence and reproduction- it's known as a 'special chromosome' (as in, given to the furtherment of a species). The male Y chromosome's primary function is to produce the testes and thus semen in order to facilitate the reproduction process. This, of course, entails testosterone and its myriad Neanderthal-like dispositional traits.

It's quiet clear that if the focus of evolution is to ensure a species survives, which it surely is, then the male Y chromosome is something it could probably do without. At very least, something that can be greatly improved upon. Hence it now being confirmed as a dead chromosome walking!

(NB: For the record, I'm 100% male
)

History has given us many examples of tyrannical Queens and women who have attained power through their just as tyrannical hubby hubbies. Yeah I feel that women don't want as much power as men but I also feel that women aren't as violent because they don't get the chance to be. As Women have strived for equality some of them have become extremist as with any belief system.
Feminism in itself is kind of like a religion and there HAVE been extremists and they DO want to oppress males.

I don't believe in that bogus male chromosomes are dead thing either because the evidence is contrary.

And Females still need males to reproduce, Parthenogenesis is being studied in humans but so far no humans have been born from it to my knowledge. You are also making baseless conclusions on this, and if one of your argument fails then the others are bought into question, we are quite a few years away from reaching parthenogenesis, after we have reached that then we need to worry wether its viable or not. There could be adverse mutations or we could have super humans from this.
We don't bloody know, because its still bloody impossible with our current technology.

edit on 2-4-2013 by OmegaOwl because: Textwall prevention

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Looks around

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join