It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Raiding Party of 150 Confiscate Four Shotguns and Three Rifles From a Prepper....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by butcherguy

If xedocodex has anything to do with it, you will do hard time for possessing that weapon of mass destruction.

And let's face it, it is possible that some members here work for the Feds.

Why do you have a problem with enforcing the law???

This man is a felon...he legally can not own those guns. Don't you guys always talk about enforcing the gun laws that we already have???? Then why do all of you bitch about it when it happens.

And yep...you caught me...I work for the feds

so, you're skipping the part about his PERMIT, why ???
being convicted of a felony is NOT an automatic disqualifier, nor should it be.
why don't you learn what the gun laws are before you go spouting BS that makes no sense whatsoever ?

and btw, so long as we the People put up with this complete WASTE of resources (you know, OUR taxes), it will continue, unabated and more aggressively than you can imagine.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

yeah, them Maryland folk

they're a real thorn, just ask Lincoln ... he had to have their entire legislature imprisoned to keep the State from seceding from this nuthouse.
/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by SmoothRhythm

I disagree.

It is rhetoric that is spread on sites like this that is causing law enforcement to take such measures. If you didn't have people all over the internet, this site included, encouraging people to not give up their guns "without a fight"...then maybe they wouldn't have to be this cautious.

If I was in charge of any gun confiscation of a known prepper/conspiracy theorist...I would go in with as much as I can. I'd rather over respond than lose one officer/agent because some crazy person decides he isn't going to give up his guns without trying to take some of them out too (something commonly encouraged on the internet).

I don't think it was an over-reaction at all...I think it is to show all the other crazies that they will not under-estimate them and they will respond with an overwhelming force towards people that think they are Rambo.

While you have a decent point that some Rambo-minded people exist, there are still hundreds of thousands to even millions of preppers who are peaceful unless threatened (just like every other human being).

However, in the case of this event, resources are finite and should not be used in excess like this. All of these resources needed to be allocated much more efficiently. Using that much man power will leave many parts of the town/city/county exposed and unprotected making 911 response calls take even longer to respond.

This house should have been surveyed for a week or two to make sure he is the only person there. Once established that this man is alone, two armored SWAT trucks and multiple patrol cars would have been sufficient enough to raid his property.

If this was to become standard procedure for every prepper/survivalist/conspiracy theorist from an anonymous tip, you will be seeing your local police department at each 4-way intersection of your town asking for donations EVERY weekend.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

so, you're skipping the part about his PERMIT, why ???
being convicted of a felony is NOT an automatic disqualifier, nor should it be.
why don't you learn what the gun laws are before you go spouting BS that makes no sense whatsoever ?

The Federal gun law is that no felon can own a gun.

Maryland doesn't have a specific law that re-instates a felons gun rights. A felon in Maryland can not own any type of firearm.

So yes, it was illegal for this man to own a gun....maybe you should know the gun laws before calling others out.

and btw, so long as we the People put up with this complete WASTE of resources (you know, OUR taxes), it will continue, unabated and more aggressively than you can imagine.

Put up with it??? I full out support actions like this. With all the crazy talk on this site alone about gun owners willing to shoot police if they come for their guns...I think every gun confiscation should go down like this one.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoothRhythm

While you have a decent point that some Rambo-minded people exist, there are still hundreds of thousands to even millions of preppers who are peaceful unless threatened (just like every other human being).

Yes...but wouldn't "preppers" appreciate the concept of preparing for the worst case scenario???

Like I said...I would rather have 150 or even more officers go into a home for something like this and have no incident than sending a handful and having any of them die because the "prepper" thinks he can take them.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I've got zero problems with a person, who was convicted of a felony, ever in their life, to be barred from owning a gun unless they get a pardon. Some actions have consequences for life. If the prepper was a felon, he should not have had any guns, period.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

The Federal gun law is that no felon can own a gun
sorry, you'd have to prove that one with US Code not propaganda.
fyi, when a prior felon has their rights restored, that includes owning a firearm except in certain cases.

Maryland is not enforcing Federal gun laws.
please, keep your argument fluent ... and cite the foundation for your 'opinion' or it shall be disregarded as mere opinion.

Maryland's state law does not directly apply to any other State.

and, according to this source...

If you lost your gun rights as a result of a conviction, this right will be restored by a pardon as well. [16] Under federal law, if you have received a pardon from any state, the pardoned conviction cannot be used by federal authorities to prosecute you for “unlawful possession of a firearm” under federal law, unless the pardon specifically says you cannot possess a gun.[17] However, just because you cannot be prosecuted under federal law does not mean you cannot be prosecuted under state law. Some states have stricter gun laws than federal law. If regaining your gun rights is important to you, make sure you make you desire known during the application process.
so apparently, a conviction in MD, doesn't automatically prevent firearm ownership in another State.

does your personal pocketbook support this "opinion" ??

I think every gun confiscation should go down like this one.
if so, pony up ... we've foot the bill long enough

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

doubt it since it was them who set the fires. ^^ and killed their own agents in a cover up.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Okay, I skipped 2 pages inbetween, could somebody remind me, for WHAT they raided his house? I didn't get it from the first or last page (and I highly doubt that it is on those two pages I didn't read).

Being a prepper? No way. That can't be a legal cause just because he stuffed.. stuff in his house. Or is your freedom just the illusion of freedom?

Having a gun? If he had a permit, that would not be a legal cause. Did he really have a permit?

What else was there?

And about the 150 officers - well, they obviously knew that he was "prepped" and therefore had to expect the worst. I don't know if the number is correct and not just some pushed estimation, either..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

in 2 words --> anonymous tip

in short, someone called and reported extreme behavior and when investigated, he was in violation of MD state law for being a prior felon, in possession of firearms ... however, he also had a 'permit' (no details provided)

i confess, i haven't looked into the outcome, just commented on the story posted and the excessive use of supposedly uber-limited resources for such nonsense.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I'm a prepper, but I don't own ANY firearms, as I am a convicted felon. However, I do use other stuff, like my bow and crossbow. You think my home should raided because I admit I am a pepper and hate Obama and his administration? I should have all my cases of MREs and other survival food and gear confiscated?
There ARE other ways to defend yourself without a firearm

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

..what if your neighbor CLAIMS you are crazy...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by ManFromEurope

in 2 words --> anonymous tip

in short, someone called and reported extreme behavior and when investigated, he was in violation of MD state law for being a prior felon, in possession of firearms ... however, he also had a 'permit' (no details provided)

i confess, i haven't looked into the outcome, just commented on the story posted and the excessive use of supposedly uber-limited resources for such nonsense.

Uhm.. "Extreme behavior" in his own home, without any hostages or other potential victims reported, justifies a large SWAT-operation? Wow.
I would have sent a unit consisting of 2 police officers to investigate. But, yeah, thats just me

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Well that link didn't want to work for me,but it was easily found elsewhere.

It is important to emphasize that the man targeted in this raid was under investigation by undercover police as a result of a neighbor telling cops that he had guns, had made anti-Obama statements, and was a “prepper”. At this point, the cops knew nothing about Porter’s 20-year-old drugs felony.

www.inquisitr.com...

It astounds me that someone who legally

had guns, had made anti-Obama statements, and was a “prepper”
is under investigation at all But.. it does say he was a convicted felon. That in itself makes it illegal to own a gun much less several guns.

My wife's 19 year old kid messed up. He got caught with a bag of weed and at the time had a warrant for arrest because he was seen stealing from a car. He plead guilty to both ( something he should not have done) because I don't think they had proof he stole anything. But he was scared and figured the cops knew better. So he got a felony. It makes me a little sad if he ever needed to use a gun to protect himself he cant do it. Kids should think of these things before they screw up. Perhaps the laws are wrong but until We the People change them, you have to live by them.
edit on 3-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I didnt read through all of the posts so my bad if this has been posted -

The articles linked are from Dec 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join