It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insurance Industry Shows Obamacare Who's Boss..and it ain't Obamacare...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Besides your taxes doubling or more next year....

....And there will be too many people seeking too few empty hospital beds....

What else could go wrong with Obamacare?

Apparently far as the insurance industry is concerned.....they've got Obamacare all under control: "As a warning shot aimed directly across the bow of Obamacare, the insurers operating in the Medicare Advantage industry were informed by the CMS on Monday that it had decided to reverse its original recommendation of a 2.3% reimbursement cut in 2013 in favor of a 3.3% increase in the rate of reimbursement!"

I mean, besides rising taxes, were you surprised that insurance companies are going to make windfall profits from Obamacare?

And that county hospitals are going to become incubator wards for all manner of mysterious viruses roaming the hallways? Welcome to the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse? Hate to think about those pandemics, don't you?

Anyway, the insurance company executives will undoubtedly be receiving their medical care in private hospitals. Using their insurance to ensure better health care than anyone will get with Obamacare.

Welcome to the Brave New World.

The Insurance Industry Shows Obamacare Who's Boss

The score now stands: Insurers, 1; Obamacare, 0 -- whose turn is it next?

www.fool.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

Obamacare while not a bad idea.
Is implemented horribly and rammed through congress in the crappiest way ever.

I also have a problem with my tax dollars going to a private company.

Maybe instead of losing a trillion dollars at the pentagon we could use that money to provide everyone with a health care credit they could use at a doctor.
Or for health care insurance.
Hell how about a tax break at the end of the year if you get health insurance.
And you are allowed to use it or not use it as you see fit.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Obamacare while not a bad idea.
Is implemented horribly and rammed through congress in the crappiest way ever.

Hell how about a tax break at the end of the year if you get health insurance.
And you are allowed to use it or not use it as you see fit.

Any one of your ideas might well be worth debate on the congressional floor....alas, it looks like it's too late. Before Obamacare was passed in Congress and signed by Obama, there wasn't all that much debate about how Obamacare should be implemented.

And the Supreme Court ruled its just another tax.

Looks like people have to learn to live with the consequences of their knee jerk decisions.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I agree completely with that. I was die hard, dead against the ACA when it first came up and then hated what came out of things in the end. It took a democrat instructor at the college, of all people, to explain and help me see what all actually happened with it.

If the nation was to have Government Health Care involvement ...It started as a decent solution. Not good, and I'd prefer no Government involvement, but if it had to be then it wasn't that bad for how it began.

By the time the dems and repubs in Congress both butchered it to the point where either side would let it go without swearing eternal vengeance on the other for doing it ..Almost everything good had been stripped with all the control, taxes and general garbage left as the core.
We got the spinach without the steak.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Will Obamacare share their universal health and psychological records with the Obama Universal Background Check registry list...

Or will we have to wait for a sixteen year old high school dropout to hack everyone's personal records and make them public?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

And just who writes these monstrous bills (2,700 pages just appear out of nowhere?) The apollo alliance with george soros as their leader.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

And just who writes these monstrous bills (2,700 pages just appear out of nowhere?) The apollo alliance with george soros as their leader.

I personally believe they locked monkeys up in a room full of typewriters...........

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by grey580

I agree completely with that. I was die hard, dead against the ACA when it first came up and then hated what came out of things in the end. It took a democrat instructor at the college, of all people, to explain and help me see what all actually happened with it.

Democrat instructor......instructor.....otherwise known as hard left progressive that certainly didnt give you the full picture. Oh but they are very persuasive.

Upon hearing the Sirens' song, Ulysses was driven temporarily insane and struggled with all of his might to break free so that he might join the Sirens.....

That is what going to college is like these days. Need to strap yourself to the mast as you pass by.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by grey580

Democrat instructor......instructor.....otherwise known as hard left progressive that certainly didnt give you the full picture. Oh but they are very persuasive.

(sigh) This is one of the reasons I'm glad I decided to go back to school, even if it is half way through life. Broader horizons.

As it happens, he was my Political Science instructor for the State required local history/Poli-sci/civics course rolled into one for a double credit course. (take that or take two ...I chose the hard road to get it done). That made it real interesting ..since I made no bones about the fact I was conservative and very set that direction in a private chat on the 2nd day of class. It helps to know if I'm going to need to drop a course because of a jerk instructor.

As it happens, he turned out to be one of the most open minded men I've ever met for political theory and rarely even let it seep into his lectures. He was as hard on Obama as he was favorable and taught me something there about how disliking the man (Obama) doesn't mean I get to say everything is wrong just because HE happened to be the one doing it. Good point on that too...

The course also ended with an A, in spite of my essays and final 6 Supreme Court briefs for the term project being from my conservative world view. I think it ended with a mutual respect where we wave at each other and are quite friendly around campus. No biggy.

Not EVERYONE teaching college is bad, regardless of politics and not every Democrat (or even near so) are bad among regular people. He was the Kennedy style Democrat anyway. Not much comparison to a lot happening today.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This semester on the first day of class one of my professors said we need to purchase a subscription to the NYT because its one of the few good papers out there.

I asked a bit later in class why all professors are liberal and he responded, "well its because most conservatives don't have the intellectual capacity to pursue higher education. They go into the corporate world which doesn't require much except greed."

Needless to say I dropped that class.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We needed single payor - it will come. It seems strange that you guys are cheering for the failure of this thing. So that you can be raked over the coals by the insurance companies -- who live with philosophy of raise rates pay less.

Another interesting thing is that there may not be enough providers - so essentially it is bad that people have access or is access just for professionals who are lucky enough to work for a company that has benefits - because they haven't figured out how to get out of providing those benefits yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

That is precisely why I made a point of telling him two things that second day of class. First, I was recently back from living and working in an Occupy Camp. (You'd be amazed at the VERY mixed reactions that brought from people... I sure was and who reacted which way, too), and that I was a conservative.

You know me on here. Do I strike you as the kind who could sit through an indoctrination class for extreme political philosophy from either side and not speak out? So I figure while my academic success is at stake, like you, getting it right up front and dropping a class beats taking a hard C or even lower then having to fight the stupid thing later.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The doctor offices in my area are mostly deciding to drop Medicare patients altogether. This is because the rate of reimbursement will be significantly less than it is now. Thy aren't wasting their time with poor folks.

The doctors left tht DO tak Medicare will be swamped and certainly not rolling in the dough.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
The doctor offices in my area are mostly deciding to drop Medicare patients altogether. This is because the rate of reimbursement will be significantly less than it is now. Thy aren't wasting their time with poor folks.

The doctors left tht DO tak Medicare will be swamped and certainly not rolling in the dough.

And hospitals will go private or offshore. Already many Americans are flying to hospitals in foreign countries....like India. Where the doctors there were trained in American medical schools.

The county hospitals will be swamped with people seeking Obamacare. Beds will stack up in the hallways. The good doctors and nurses won't work there.

It's going to be a mess.

new topics

top topics

join