It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marine arrested for road rage - VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The guy is a psycho! He caused the accident by slamming on his brakes, then wants to fight everyone in the car.

Crazy, aggressive, violent...yup join the Marines.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

If it was Texas I woulda shot him

Joking of course, how do you know he is a marine? either way he was bang outa order.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You failed to note their was a Marine in the car as well, so the same could be said of his behavior. "Calm collective, make rational decisions under pressure... Join the Marines!" Don't smear an entire group by the stupidity of one. Especially when they put their life on the line for your safety!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

How do you know he is a marine? either way he was bang outa order.
Cause the description on youtube indicates as such. Whats more the person being yelled at is a ex-marine in a wheelchair. Many reasons for them to snap off like that. Some good others not so good. I'm sure the local law enforcement agency will handle the issue and address as necessary. I see it as a sign of PTSD or Road Rage. Though not a good behavior on his part. Either way I respect our (US) Military Personnel from all branches and other nations (not all nations but most).
edit on 2-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Ah ok...I hope he got a jolly good telling off by his superiors.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yes, the marine clearly lost it and has no right to act in the way he did even if the accident was the other drivers fault and will no doubt pay the price for his tirade of abuse and damage he caused during his ugly outburst but I wonder if I am alone in feeling that the response of the driver he abuses could have been less obnoxious for want of a better word

"Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn't merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence."

J. Krishnamurti

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Especially when they put their life on the line for your safety!
reply to post by Infernalis

Very good, i needed a laugh.
They are keeping me safe here in England by killing thousands of innocent people in the arab states and installing western governments around the world....i love the way americans are so easily fooled by the propaganda spewing from the idiot box.

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here in the UK, if you go up the ass of the car in front, you have been driving too close to the car in front to react properly, should they happen to apply the breaks.....however sharply that may be.

Hard to see from the video, but if someone was driving close enough to my rear to endanger my family in the car, i'd be pissed too. I'm not excusing the marines behaviour, i'm just saying there is always two sides to a YouTube video.

Maybe the other marine in the car is sat there quiet because he knows he did wrong?

To be honest, if this a member of the US Marines, i'd say he is obviously annoyed and venting. If he wanted to go to town on this guy he would be doing a lot more than shouting and kicking the car.

Bit of a potty mouth though.

CX.
edit on 2/4/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 2/4/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well you can see how the image of the entire US military has lost alot of ground in public opinion since 911.

"when they put their life on the line for your safety!"

I think lately they have been putting their life on the line for the major defense contractors and corporations, the whole belief that the military and the government is there to protect the people is on very thin ice.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Im sure had the car not been locked this would have escalated further. The marine outside the car needs to calm down and deal with it in the normal way....no one injured, minor damage, exchange insurance details and be done with it.

People going over the top seems the norm nowadays which is a shame.

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
reply to post by CX

Im sure had the car not been locked this would have escalated further. The marine outside the car needs to calm down and deal with it in the normal way....no one injured, minor damage, exchange insurance details and be done with it.

People going over the top seems the norm nowadays which is a shame.

Good point.

I try and drive with enough space between me and the car in front though, just in case the other guys temperament is different than mine. Bit like my rule of not picking a fight with someone you know nothing about.

CX.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

From what i understand the guy standing outside the car going mental was deliberately braking, over and over again in front of the other car. You know how sometimes when your on a motorway and that 70 year old guy doing 60mph in the fast lane taps his breaks over and over, to slow you down...thats what he was doing. Eventually it led to an accident.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi

Yes, the marine clearly lost it and has no right to act in the way he did even if the accident was the other drivers fault and will no doubt pay the price for his tirade of abuse and damage he caused during his ugly outburst but I wonder if I am alone in feeling that the response of the driver he abuses could have been less obnoxious for want of a better word

I'm curious what a more acceptable response would have been? He certainly was smart to lock doors and stay in the car. Had he gotten out, he would have most likely been pummeled. He seemed to avoid eye contact with the RoidRager (most of the time) which was also a good idea, IMHO.

What exactly do you feel would have been a better response?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"grunts aren't known for their intelligence"

I'm not hating on grunts, and I know there are a exceptions to the rule.. but this guy has clearly lost it.

probably got butthurt because someone rear-ended (lol) him and he's just trying to not look like wimpy-wimp-sauce in front of everyone

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There's more to this story than some marine getting this upset. Something says, the one the truck may caused this scene, because they only video tape after what transpired, not what transpired before the events.There's always two sides to every story and your only hearing one side of it. I'm betting that, the marine who is over-reacting may have a pregnant wife. Which is why he's so irritated. Well got to go. If anyone can get anymore information on this, that would be great.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

I felt his lack of eye contact or communication with the Marine possibly inflamed the situation.

He might have been better advised to at very least acknowledge the marine that was clearly enraged and offered an apology in a quiet voice just to help calm the situation and the irate fella down.

I also thought the guy that stayed in his car came across as a smug,cold, arrogant type and this and the fact that someone in the car was filming him during his outburst possibly angered the marine more than might otherwise have been the case.

If the guy in the car had showed a little bit of empathy or remorse for the accident then the marine that lost his cool might not have been nearly as aggressive as we see here.

Even if the marine in the car felt he wasn't as fault, a little bit of humility could have prevented a bad situation escalating into ( potentially ) a far more dangerous situation for himself and his partner.

That's my tuppence worth and take on the story at any rate.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Especially when they put their life on the line for your safety!

Very good, i needed a laugh.
They are keeping me safe here in England by killing thousands of innocent people in the arab states and installing western governments around the world....i love the way americans are so easily fooled by the propaganda spewing from the idiot box.

You really think your telling me something I don't know? I love the way you city Brits are so snotty, asinine, and finger pointing at the stupid Americans. Your bloody country wrote the playbook on imperialism and genocide, we dumb Americans just perfected it! I haven't watched the idiot box in over 20 years, you bukaki snot faced little twerp!

I'm speaking from the average perspective of any brain washed soldier, obviously not from the perspective of someone on ATS who knows the deal, oh wait, I forgot the current climate of intellectual quality here these days.

I hope you laugh while your getting Sharia Law ass reamed and face banged by some see eye aye trained gee-had-isht militant muslim innocent arab, since you adore them so much!

Go Join the love police moron!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtIsMadness

That belief is in the frozen lake of intellectual ineptitude. They are obviously being used, but do you put the fault on their backs or the ones pulling the strings. The average soldier thinks they are doing the right thing, they get $#!t on at every aspect of their enlistment and after. If you have the balls to blame them for that then I despise you as much as those responsible for their actions. Yes they should realize whats going on, but blaming them is slothful, try informing them. It might do more good than bitching about it on a forum thread nobody gives a crap about!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks for standing with the troops. and thanks for bringing up ptsd. I have it (Navy), My daughter has it (Air Force - 5 deployments to the middle East, my dad had it (fireman) my uncle john had it (SWAT team commander)
my dentist had it (Reserve Army - Desert Storm), I'm pretty sure almost every person was in the towers on that day now have it. I am quite certain every man, woman and child in Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iraq has it (how could they not ?)In my case, probably from long term exposure to my job while in the Navy - My daughter - dodging sniper rounds to get a cheeseburger and laughing about it? that's not right, anytime. My dad, My uncle, yeah, no telling what kind of horrific crap they get exposed to. When I was seven, my dad was sent home from the fire station because they're engine got called to a residence in the middle of a blinding snow storm, three month old baby wrapped in a dry cleaning bag - suffocated. The ambulance/paramedics spun out on the road, they had to call another one. Three fireman took turns breathing for this infant, for about 20 mins. It was not successful. He went to his room and sobbed for hours. I didn't understand. My sister who is a registered nurse came over to help my dad out, and after a while, he was able to grab back his mojo. I didn't get it until my sister explained to me that my dad wasn't sad, he was very angry, at himself, for having to leave the that child that way. From that point on, my dad went from 'hero' to 'epic' in my eyes, may he rest in peace. that's PTSD, reliving those types of moments, over and over, because that's the way our frail little minds cope. To me it comes down to this, especially with road rage, was anybody physically assaulted? No?, then that's the best we can hope for in any situation. Who knows, maybe that guy learned something about himself that day. We're only human, and you know how hard that can be sometimes right?

top topics

join