It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mechanics between brain and soul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The other day I was day-dreaming...again. And this time I was asking myself...if the brain is like a dvd-player and the soul is the dvd....How does this work...when is the dvd player for the first time loaded with a dvd...what keeps the player from ejecting the disc? What if someone suffers a serious brain trauma which results in a personality change...Can this be compared as a defect of the player or a scratch on the dvd-disc?

Will the soul of this person return to his original self when he enters the afterlife? Does the wiring of your brain determine who you are....does changing your ways also change your wiring..?

Of course these are very simple metaphors and assumptions.

But if you believe in reincarnation and the possibillity that a person can be possessed by an other "soul" there must be something to this connection between brain and soul. Different religious belief systems in the world like for example Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism and probably a primitive tribe living deep in the Amazone forrest have procedures to remove an unwanted demon spirit from the person possesed by it. Why do these different religious faith convictions have something like this in common in the first place.

And what makes an evil demon spirit so special to be able to override the firewall...I mean, I have never heared of a human spirit possessing a person...Why can an entity enter your "brain" but why can you not leave....or can we?
anyways...for all I know the soul "lives" in the heart. Is there any connection between the heart and the soul...?

I am aware that these theories are highly speculative but if you start to think about reincarnation, the fysical brain, a soul, the heart and the afterlife there are so many questions to ask...I mean, if any of it is true there must be answers to these questions.

Do any of you know about a scientist ever do some serious study on this subject?

Now that hard science is close to confirm the existance of more than 4 dimensions it is plausible that one (or more) of these other dimensions is occupied by entities that live in what we call "the afterlife". That should be an interesting study to start if we have learned more about the properties of these other "worlds".

Anyways, it is very easy to go off topic when thinking about this subject and I hope you reader do not hesitate to share your own thoughts or conclusions on this topic. There are many questions in this OP and I will be pleased if you could give you your opinion on just one or a few of them. I am very interested in what you have to say,
what you guys make of it all.

Of course you are free to reply that there is no afterlife, reincarnation or any of the above...and that I should stop asking myself these silly questions. I think that nature is not that simple. There are indications there is more to it....So, I choose to belief it is complicated.

Thx

edit on 2/4/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi op

They are the lucky ones, I have several entitys in this brain thingy.

It gets annoying at times when they all talk at once, so I have allocated a day each to them.
Im lucky i get sunday to myself, my real self.

Dont know whom is typing now iI will have to check the sheet.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you are using a DVD player in your idea, then I would say a brain trauma is the DVD player is broken. Discs can be inserted but they don't play right. Its more like a computer to me. The files are corrupted or fragmented, virus' get in.

I don't know if my soul is actually my etheral body, brain, heart or senses.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I will agree with Violet. A traumatic brain injury has nothing to do with the disc - it's the dvd player that has issues. I also think of it in terms of a computer. After an injury, the brain (the physical part) has to sort of re-boot. But the same person is still there, I think.

My son suffered a traumatic brain injury about 6 months ago and is still "a little throwed off." But he is still the same sweet little soul that he always was before the injury. I think, and this is jmho after going thru this with him, that you are who you are regardless of physical injury (to an extent, obviously). The soul or spirit or whatever you wanna call it, is something entirely separate.

Now whether reincarnation is real, or we go to heaven when we disengage our body, I do not know. However, when Will (my son) was still in the hospital (about 6 weeks after his injury), he told me that he remembered what happened to him. So I asked him to tell me about it. Everything he said about the accident matches up with what really happened. After the part where he was injured, he says he went to sleep. I asked him if he woke up in the hospital and he said that no, he woke up in "the tunnel dimensional" and there were other people there. Some of the people he knew, but some he did not. I asked him if they said anything to him and he said he asked them a question, but they said "no, it's not time yet."

Make what you will of all that. I'm still trying to figure it out!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think you should look up Lynne Mctaggart, and the work she has done with her research concerning the field. It might be of might interest you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

ROFL~
I was having the same thought before, I read your post!~ I'm glad i'm not the only one.....

@ OP:

I like where your going with the analysis of DVD player and DVD~

I was more under the assumption it's all based on Soul Contracts~ Endless doors and possibilities, but we are all hardwired the same except not as individuality comes into play and every soul isn't here to learn the same lessons......

Just my Opinion though~

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by davesmart

ROFL~
I was having the same thought before, I read your post!~ I'm glad i'm not the only one.....

@ OP:

I like where your going with the analysis of DVD player and DVD~

I was more under the assumption it's all based on Soul Contracts~ Endless doors and possibilities, but we are all hardwired the same except not as individuality comes into play and every soul isn't here to learn the same lessons......

Just my Opinion though~

Thats sort of how i see it.
Some are here to live and learn, some are to help, maybe some created this from previous lives.

When I think back to 14 yrs old I was an avid watcher of Quantum Leap
2 episodes really stuck in my mind....

The episode where sam is a cab driver and runs down an Angel
and of course the last one, which critics have given a lowish vote, though i found it thought provoking
at an impressionable age.

And of course...the Exorcist

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

And what makes an evil demon spirit so special to be able to override the firewall.

Disobedience on the part of the victim.

Also known as evil above and beyond the call the duty. Everyone messes up here and there. Some people screw up intentionally on a scale equivalent to murder or murder in actuality.

This deprives them of protection.

This firewall you are referring to is referred to as a shield in the movie Dune. A lot of inspiration evident in our movies and other media, both of a good source and evil sources as well.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara
I figured the OP would get a kick out of this thread, what's left of it lol. I don't know if you still need a RATS forum subscription to see it or not though.
Tryptamines and God

new topics

top topics

join