It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel braces for 'potentially crippling' cyberattack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Israel attacks itself and then blames whoever is flavour of the month and gets the US to do its dirty work.

Again...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I believe most people on here do not understand the concept or the meaning of Anonymous.

It is most like the 99% Occupy movement from Wall Street where anyone in the world can join and no real leadership or hierarchy is involved. They announce their attacks in advance as an open invite to anyone in the world to join in as long as you are able to remain anonymous.

Sometimes however an angered individual will speak out of turn for the collective without realising he is damaging the intention and reputation of Anonymous. That is often why most people misunderstand the cause of Anonymous.

I support their cause but as I'm not very capable with online attacks and neither have the ability to stay anonymous during these attacks I will cheer from the sidelines and support Anonymous in other ways.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

That would certainly make Israel look like a victim, especially while they commemorate the Holocaust. Israel is in dire need of public support due to their recent hardline actions on various issues including domestically and abroad so a cyber attack on Israel might actually help them in the public eye

Even IF Israel wants to portray itself as the victim, its actions over recent years mean this will never happen.

As far as I'm concerned - good luck to ya, Anonymous.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
how can you brace yourself for a cyber attack? lol do the groups attacking them phone up in advance and tell them they will be expecting an attack?
its hardly an attack when they know its going to happen.

let me guess...it was the arabs? or north korea?

israel is so predictable

Israel attacks itself and then blames whoever is flavour of the month and gets the US to do its dirty work. Again...

sounds about right
edit on 3-4-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

If I tell you I will punch you in the face in two days and I punched you in the face after two days how did broadcasting it in advance stop it from being an attack?

There is nothing Israel can do to prevent the attack from happening or do anything to retaliate even if they capture one of it's members.
Anonymous like Occupy is a worldwide movement and one member knows nothing of the other and another will simply take his place while fueling all the others with even more determination.

What Israel could do is cut of their internet for the day or increase bandwith and the likes.
In the past Anonymous has used pretty basic tools like a spammail or an advanced form of F5 refresh button to overload a website no fancy hacking like you see on tv.

The strength of Anonymous however is also their weakness, as anyone can pretend to be a member and discredit the movement and cause internal conflict.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The date of the attacks could be nothing but mere coincidence.

Really? Still, in the poorest of taste (not that anon has any "class")

Have you ever thought about the racist and inflammatory actions of the Israeli regime that have brought us to this point?

And the Palestinians are innocent?

Besides. two wrongs dont make a right.

The only ones talking out thier back side is Anon.
Epic fail...

edit on 2-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

You blind? Of course "they" picked that date, what better way to completely destroy the, what was.once, legitimacy of a hacker group (not what they started out as, but whatever)

Anyone remember the attack on Sony's PlayStation network? Hmm, we wouldnt want.young men to feel associated with a hacktivist group now would we? So you hit them where it hurts, take away their games (I was a witness to this, used to frequent a gaming website, they all wanted anon dead). Next, its the.entire population that needs to know how horrible these hacktivists are, and whats brilliant about it is its all anonymous, for all we know its Israel themselves that are doing this.

Cant have an organization that pledges to rid the world of corruption, and whats.easier than a smearcampaign against anonymous people? Who's going to deny any claims? Then next time so legit.anons try something, gamers will know how bad they are, pro Israelis will know, msm sheep will know. They could try to expose the fed, it'll simply be a matter of reminding people how antisemetic "they" are and public.opinion is formed, yet again

Pathetic, every organization that starts out with good motives gets hijacked, EVERY SINGLE ONE. And most people swallow what they're spoonfed by the people that hijack them

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One word: STUXNET!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If I may ask a few simple questions'' 1) What was Palestines borders? 2) What was it's capital city? 3) What language was spoken ? And lastly What inventions' scientific or otherwise came from Palestine? These questions cannot be answered because.there has never been a Palestine NEVER! The people who claim to be are actually Philistines' they came from various Arab lands but the majority are from Jordan. Israel has been in existence centuries before the cult of Islam reared it's ugly head thanks to the war mongering pedophile Mohammed aka Chupacabra or maybe it was sheep he sucked ..oh what the heck I'm sure he sucked goats too... Anyway Israel has offered land to a people who have no rights to it whatsoever. Check your history folks. It appears the Philistines enjoy being the victims here or at least their leaders do. They use these people as pawns in sick attempts to villainies the Jews. When the Philistines & their leaders learn to be decent neighbors they may finally get a state of their own. Here's another fact' they are not welcome in the lands they came from' particularly Jordan; who have said they are troublemakers and will not be allowed back under any circumstances ..gee what a surprise ! Even a fellow Arab state doesn't want them and we wonder why Israel has a no man's land between them. I understand the whole rooting for the underdog thing' but in this case they choose to be the underdog. They have had opportunities for a homeland but that went against Arafat's entire existence .. He dies a millionaire while his so called people were brainwashed or too stupid to take the land along the coast for god sake.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
I am not sure, I have no $ in Israeli banks,so could care less.

Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but 'could care less' is the opposite of 'couldn't care less' which I'm sure is what you meant.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SophieTish
If I may ask a few simple questions'' 1) What was Palestines borders? 2) What was it's capital city? 3) What language was spoken ? And lastly What inventions' scientific or otherwise came from Palestine? These questions cannot be answered because.there has never been a Palestine NEVER! The people who claim to be are actually Philistines' they came from various Arab lands but the majority are from Jordan. Israel has been in existence centuries before the cult of Islam reared it's ugly head thanks to the war mongering pedophile Mohammed aka Chupacabra or maybe it was sheep he sucked ..oh what the heck I'm sure he sucked goats too... Anyway Israel has offered land to a people who have no rights to it whatsoever. Check your history folks. It appears the Philistines enjoy being the victims here or at least their leaders do. They use these people as pawns in sick attempts to villainies the Jews. When the Philistines & their leaders learn to be decent neighbors they may finally get a state of their own. Here's another fact' they are not welcome in the lands they came from' particularly Jordan; who have said they are troublemakers and will not be allowed back under any circumstances ..gee what a surprise ! Even a fellow Arab state doesn't want them and we wonder why Israel has a no man's land between them. I understand the whole rooting for the underdog thing' but in this case they choose to be the underdog. They have had opportunities for a homeland but that went against Arafat's entire existence .. He dies a millionaire while his so called people were brainwashed or too stupid to take the land along the coast for god sake.

Religion, language or origin have nothing to do with Palestines fighting for their freedom or Israel claiming land that isn't theirs.
Israel is the neighbor that came in your yard and build a treehouse because 2000 years ago some ancestor used to live in the same place your yard is now. Regardless you have negotiated the territory and you are sympathetic to their suffering and received a hefty sum of money so you accept Israel building a treehouse in your backyard.
But hey they start building a fence around the treehouse, and every week they move the fence an inch taking more and more teritory. When confronted with this, they use the holocaust card or worse and shove a gun in your face. Suddenly you realise half your yard has been claimed and you realise they are not done yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't know if it is related or not, but my bank's website www.discountbank.co.il was loading very slow and pages timed out today... Was working fine later in the day though.

edit on 3-4-2013 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
You know, such as not getting their organs harvested and sold in a black market.

lol wut

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
israel braces for cyber attack north korea trying to bomb folks do you see a trend here? major false flag coming? hope its not out of context of the forum but thats just one of my theories

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A reply to: Maarten

Please let me quickly provide a correction to your statement by introducing you to some facts you may not know about -

Israel is the neighbor that came in your yard and build a treehouse because 2000 years ago some ancestor used to live in the same place your yard is now.

During those 2000 years jews lived alongside with arabs on the land witch now known as Israel. Before the jews were given a mandate to build a jewish state by the UN, this territory was part of the British empire, and before that under - Ottomans empire (Turkey). There was never a palestinian state, nor a palestinian nationality. So I can understand how 2000 years can seem like a long stretch of time for claiming a "right" for a land, but it's lees than 'never'.

Regardless you have negotiated the territory and you are sympathetic to their suffering and received a hefty sum of money so you accept Israel building a treehouse in your backyard.

You are right about the fact that many of the lands were bought, but the arabs excepted the cash not from sympathy - the first thing they did after the announcement of Israel (and this is without the west bank, Gaza strip or Jerusalem as you can see in the second map from your attached pic), is to declare war against the Israelis. This was a fatal mistake - instead of excepting the distribution of land made by the UN and starting to develop their society (maybe even calling it "Palestine") they wanted it all. And in the end they ended up loosing most of what they had at the beginning. It's a shame because even when a peace treaty will be signed between Israelis and Palestinians, they will only will get fragments of the original distribution.

But hey they start building a fence around the treehouse, and every week they move the fence an inch taking more and more teritory.

Not sure but I will assume you are talking about the Israeli West Bank barrier. It is a shame that people have to live in those conditions. I believe that like all walls before this one, it will eventually fall. But it is important to understand that the Palestinians brought this reality upon them selves. Instead of focusing their struggle against the Israeli government or army, they have chosen to implement terror attacks against Israeli civilians, effectively demonizing themselves in the eyes of Israeli population. This effect pushed the Israeli electors to vote for more radical leaders which brought more radical "solutions". After decades of choosing aggression over diplomacy, only in the resent years Palestinian leadership tried to apply diplomatic pressure on Israel. Lets just hope that in addition to that they will abandon the way of terror, because until they do no Israeli leader will sign a peace treaty with them.

When confronted with this, they use the holocaust card or worse and shove a gun in your face.

Please provide specific references of Israeli officials justifying the occupation of the west bank or Gaza strip, by "using the holocaust card".

Finally, the basic assumption behind the picture you provided is historically false, thus I'm surprised you have chosen to used it. The first map - 1946 shows almost all the territory to be "Palestinian" when in reality from 1922 to 1948 100% of this land was property of British empire.

I apologize, as this post is obviously far off topic.

edit on 3-4-2013 by MaxMech because: Spell check

edit on 3-4-2013 by MaxMech because: Spell check

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but if their systems are vulnerable, they should be thinking about hiring properly trained personnel. Information security is a discipline that stands on its own.

I admit that DDoS attacks may be a hard to counter, but that doesn't mean it's totally impossible. Especially for a country like Israel.

I'm kind of doubting if Anon is not something to divert attention or some psychological experiment to measure reactions on social media.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Doesn't everyone understand that Anonymous is not a group? It's a movement that multiple random groups use as a label for their "hacktivist" actions. You know it's not the same people as recently they have begun contradicting the movement's original premise... Free Speech and Action. Look at the attack on STRATFOR, they are the epitome of free speech releasing intel and opinions that the MSM doesn't publish, yet "Anon" attacks them.

TL;DR - Anonymous is not a group. It's a movement and set of ideals.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RWESteel

set of ideals? ummm...no

anyone can be anonymous and as to a set of ideals, anonymous can set their eyes on just about anything.....anonymous is just a collective of people who decide to do something.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Please tell me more about what wikipedia said. Very interesting.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Israel attacks itself and then blames whoever is flavour of the month and gets the US to do its dirty work.

Again...

The people who run zionism do not care about any jewish state in reality. If they did they would have established a great israel about 20 years ago and allowed muslims to live in israel with relative peace.

The people who run zionism are not even mainstream jews. They are babylonian occultists who want WW3 and lots of depopulation by fomenting more and more anger in the area by not solving anything. If other countries had israel resources(money and military) they would have succeded by now. They are not kurds or armenians, thus playing the victim card is a smoke screen.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well it looks like Anonymous's attempt to hack Israel was really successful. The OpIsrael website is currently playing the Israeli national anthem and features pro Israel video's and facts.

www.opisrael.com...

I haven't laughed so much since Arafat snuffed it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join