Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Who's killing Texas prosecutors?....And would they tell us the truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I swear I saw a thread about this here yesterday, but after searching Kaufman County DA, the victims name, and "+DA +2nd +killed " in the in house search I could find no existing thread.

Kaufman County is on edge. Two prosecutors killed in two months, including the district attorney, gunned down in his home over the weekend. What's going on? Is someone assassinating prosecutors?

from CNN

Further in the article it mentions suspicions that a prison gang, the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas, had made threats after an indictment that these DA's had a minor connection to. I'd normally not post a thread about this as I'm not that interested in real life crime drama.

However, earlier this morning, I had CNN on in the background and actually paid attention as I was away from the PC. I did notice one thing though, there is absolutely zero MSM consideration that anyone beyond the ABT could be involved with this.

The ABT are no doubt bad and brutal people and make for a perfect MSM villain, but unless there are some leaks from the investigating agency about where the investigation is leading, why are they the only suspects seriously mentioned by the MSM? As I watched CNN this morning they had a telephone interview with a man who was a former Texas warden and currently a "prison consultant". The anchor asked him almost solely about the ABT. Towards the end of the interview, however, he mentioned that he would be surprised if the perpetrator of these murders of District Attorneys was the ABT. He said it was common for them to threaten, but very outside of character for them to actually act on those threats against prosecutors. He said that the murders of the DAs was much more like actions that a Mexican Cartel might take than past history of the ABT. The interview abruptly ended, and it could have been due to time constraints but it seemed to me that the "expert" got away from the "official narrative" and the interview ended.

My question to other members of ATS, is it possible that the MSM is concentrating on the ABT angle of this story because they really don't want to look at the Mexican Cartel angle in the murder of not one but two Texas DAs right before a major debate on immigration and border security?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now there has been a jailbreak in Texas.

Here is a link to the story. I wonder if there is any connection?

Two prisoners, including one awaiting trial on a capital murder charge, have broken out of an East Texas jail. The Hopkins County Sheriff's Office says Brian Allen Tucker of Sulphur Springs and John Marlin King of Cumby escaped from the Hopkins County Jail on Tuesday morning.

CBS News

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would guess that someone who is kinda pissed at the legal system there is targeting the DAs. I have confidence in the police to find the people behind it. As long as the cops aren't eating the foods that dope us up they will be able to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well, because only two months ago, another Kaufman DA was gunned down by Evan Ebel, who had ties to or was a member of that gang. I know they are looking into that possibility since it would make sense. I doubt that two different Kaufman County DA's would be murdered in two months without there being some connection. This is the first likely one, so they are actively investigating that angle.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
From the research I have done, I've come to the conclusion many Texas government offcials hate minorities and have no trouble faking evidence for a conviction. I'm sure there is a large pool of suspects. However, MSM has no trouble slandering any group they don't like with accusations based on little evidence.

I worry the same thing will happen to this suspect that happened to the LA PD shooter - except this time Texas LE is going to make sure there is no one around to see it. I'm really serious about this - those Texas Rangers are sick and corrupt.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Finally someone who gets it. They have been saying this is the AB for to long without proof just think what would happen if the american public found out the Mexican cartel was killing DA's. lol good bye dream act, amnesty, illegal immigration all stuff the government is trying to push for

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Here's the threads you were looking for.

Texas DA Killed in His Home; Had Armed Himself
White supremacist group suspected in killing of Texas prosecutor

The MSN is only talking about The Aryan Brotherhood of Texas because that is the only lead that Law enforcement has at the moment.

At least, the only lead they have released.
edit on 2-4-2013 by BritofTexas because: I'm a Numpty!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
reply to post by jefwane

Finally someone who gets it. They have been saying this is the AB for to long without proof just think what would happen if the american public found out the Mexican cartel was killing DA's. lol good bye dream act, amnesty, illegal immigration all stuff the government is trying to push for

I have seen the MSM pushing the white racist prison gang connection more heavily than the Mexican drug cartels.

I would tend to think it was the Mexicans, as that is their modus operandi in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This has Mexican Drug Cartel written all over it. Now whether or not this is the case is yet to be seen but I don't expect it to be confirmed if it were the case. We have a big issue with these cartels and they run into some good ole boys down south and that hurts their objective. Good luck Texas, it's going to get worse before better.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
reply to post by jefwane

I have seen the MSM pushing the white racist prison gang connection more heavily than the Mexican drug cartels.

I would tend to think it was the Mexicans, as that is their modus operandi in Mexico.

The MSM isn't "pushing" anything. I supplied a very valid reason for why the police are investigating the white prison gang angle: The guy who killed the Kaufman County DA two months ago was with them. Therefore, that makes the most sense for leads.

The MSM is simply reporting on what the investigation is looking at.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I've did a couple of searches, and everything I've seen list the first killing as still unsolved. I couldn't find a single link in an admittedly short google search about Evan Able being named as the killer of the first Kaufman County DA officially. Some speculation that he might have been the one but no official statement naming him the killer of the first DA.

I'm just saying the MSM is tripping over themselves naming the ABT as prime suspects while cutting short or ignoring others that are saying " the ABT has a history of threats but no prior actions against prosecutors and law enforcement" and "this is in character with the way Mexican Cartels operate".

I"m simply saying that given the political biases of the MSM, that it would sadly not surprise me a bit if they decided to run with the ABT angle as long as they could so they could avoid the Mexican Cartel angle for as long as possible since we are about to have a major national debate on border security and immigration.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The MSM isn't "pushing" anything.

The evidence cited thus far linking the killings to the Aryan Brotherhood is circumstantial.

I have listened to plenty of MSM news over the radio about the stories, and have yet to hear the Mexican Cartels mentioned. They never failed to mention the Aryan Brotherhood though.

The guy who killed the Kaufman County DA two months ago was with them.

Doesn't mean that the Aryan brotherhood is responsible for the death of every person working for the justice system in the state of Texas.
edit on 2-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

The MSM isn't "pushing" anything.

The evidence cited thus far linking the killings to the Aryan Brotherhood is circumstantial.

I have listened to plenty of MSM news over the radio about the stories, and have yet to hear the Mexican Cartels mentioned. They never failed to mention the Aryan Brotherhood though.

The guy who killed the Kaufman County DA two months ago was with them.

Doesn't mean that the Aryan brotherhood is responsible for the death of every person working for the justice system in the state of Texas.
edit on 2-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

It's not like we are talking about two murders of different law enforcement officials in two different towns hundreds of miles apart. Same county DA's office. Second murder of a Kaufman County DA in two months. That gives significant reason to think the two killings are related, and since the first killing was not Mexican cartel...

I'm not saying the investigators are not looking in other areas, but logically, the main theory would be the Aryan Brotherhood. For the MSM to push any other theory would be pointless and baseless at this point.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
From The Dallas Morning News.

Arguments for The Aryan Brotherhood of Texas

The gang has been involved in methamphetamine dealing in Kaufman County. That prompted an aggressive response by law enforcement authorities there.
Kaufman County prosecutors persuaded a jury to send a 36-year-old Aryan Brotherhood of Texas gang member to prison for life last summer. James Patrick Crawford was convicted of several offenses, including aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault, a drug charge and “directing gang activities.”
The Kaufman County district attorney’s office was part of a multi-agency task force that targeted the Aryan Brotherhood’s operations in Texas. That operation led to federal racketeering indictments in Houston naming more than 30 alleged gang members, including four of its top leaders.
The Texas Department of Public safety issued a warning in December that the Aryan Brotherhood could be “planning retaliation against law enforcement officials” involved in the investigation that led to the Houston indictment.
A U.S. Marshals Service email stated that the Aryan Brotherhood was the focus of its investigation into Hasse’s death.
In 2005, federal officials issued an anti-terrorism bulletin cautioning that the Aryan Brotherhood may be planning to injure or kill law officers.
In 2007, the FBI issued a warning for Dallas-area officers, saying that the gang was trying to collect the names of federal agents, state troopers and police officers.
Few clues were left behind after Hasse was slain. Some law enforcement officials have privately said that the gang would have the resources to execute Hasse and McLelland, and avoid detection.
A Colorado white supremacist prison gang member recently gunned down the state’s top prison official at his home. No direct link has been made between that case and the Kaufman County killings, but it could indicate that white supremacist gangs are employing a new and deadly strategy that targets law enforcement officials.

Arguments for Mexican drug cartels

North Texas is a popular drug-smuggling hub used by Mexican cartels.
The Aryan Brotherhood, despite its racist history, has been known to do business with the cartels.
The anti-drug efforts by the Kaufman County district attorney’s office may have affected cartel drug operations. An attorney for one of the Aryan Brotherhood defendants indicted in Houston said the McLellands’ deaths were more typical of a cartel hit.
Houston defense attorney Richard O. Ely II said the white supremacist gang usually doesn’t target family members, while attacks by cartels are often more indiscriminate.

Kaufman County investigators have plenty of places to start looking for suspects in DA's killing

There are also arguments against both groups in the article. As well as this little gem.

Early speculation and false accusations have led investigators and the media down many false trails over the years in high-profile cases.

Something we should all consider?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

The gun he was using in the shootout with police was the same gun that was used in the first DA murder.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Early speculation and false accusations have led investigators and the media down many false trails over the years in high-profile cases.

Something we should all consider?

You are correct, it is a gem.
And something we should all consider.
Thanks for posting it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

(off topic: I'm glad I went back and reread the article before I finished this reply because they've added quite a bit to it since I first posted. More has been added including referencing the Colorado murder).

Ok, now I can see why folks are mingling 3 murders of law enforcement officials in two states together (my own source mentions all three), and I can definitely imagine them all being related.

However, I've seen no source stating that the gun found after the shootout with the alleged murderer of the Colorado prisons chief (that is believed to have been the murder weapon in Colorado) was used in the January 31st murder of the first Kaufman county prosecutor. If that does prove to be the case, I'd say hands down this is ABT and allied organizations doing this.

I'm about to catch the evening news shows, and will see what the MSM is saying this evening.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

From what I read this morning, their casting their net pretty wide now, and investigating many other angles. They aren't giving names, but one was an ex-official from the county who was fired in a corruption case.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And it seems we were all wrong. Early this morning, they arrested the wife of the former Kauffman County Justice of Peace who was prosecuted for stealing office computer monitors by that Kauffman County DA, and who also had recently made terroristic threats.

So the wife was arrested and charged with capital murder, and the husband was already in jail for making the threats.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Breaking News: Police: Kim Williams shot prosecutor, DA, and DA's wife. Court doc says she gave detailed confession. Arrest warrant for Kim Williams says her husband Eric also had role in murders. He has not been charged.

www.nbcdfw.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join