It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Mark Kelly Moves to Nelson, Georgia. he must own a gun. Kelly Has Passed Many Background Checks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If Mark Kelly Moves to Nelson, Georgia. law says he must have a gun. Kelly Has Passed Many Background Checks

Georgia city council votes to require gun ownership
news.msn.com...

"The ordinance in the city of Nelson — population 1,300 — was approved Monday night and goes into effect in 10 days. However, it contains no penalties and exempts anyone who objects, convicted felons and those with certain mental and physical disabilities."

I suppose Mark Kelly...or anyone else moving to Nelson, Georgia, must first pass a background check? And I'm sure Nelson, Georgia, would happily embrace Mark Kelly into their community. After all, Astronaut Mark Kelly is a well known purchaser of guns.

Far as anyone knows, Mark Kelly has passed background checks to purchase guns in Arizona, Texas and California. No telling how many other states Mark Kelly has passed background checks to purchase a weapon under the proviso of the Second Amendment.

And, yes, what is wrong with requiring citizens of your community to pass a background check? If one is a felon, or mentally incapable of partaking in the Second Amendment (or any Amendment), they will not be allowed to buy a home in your community.

KEEP OUR CITIES SAFE FOR OUR CHILDREN!

"— Spring City, Utah, passed an ordinance this year recommending that residents keep firearms, softening an initial proposal that aimed to require it."

Patriots, this more than about gun ownership. This is about who has what rights in your community. Yes, yes. Liberals cry that rapists and felons and whomever all have the right to live next door to you. Until a felon moves in next door to a liberal. Then it's 'bar the barn door Katie' that the liberals start yelling.

It's time to take responsibility over who or what lives in your community. I know it is a lot more troublesome than waiting until after a mass shooting or other spree crimes to occur. It's just so much simpler to complain in hindsight, rather than heading the problem off at the pass.

"— Lawmakers in about two dozen states have considered making it easier for school employees or volunteers to carry guns on campus. South Dakota passed such a measure last month. Individual communities from New Jersey to Colorado have voted to allow administrators or teachers to carry guns in school."

To repeat, I'm sure Nelson, Georgia would happily accept Astronaut Mark Kelly into their community fold. After all, Mark Kelly is a well known purchaser of guns. He has passed background checks in multiple states. Mark Kelly is a solid employee of NASA.

Mark Kelly would fit in nicely into the community of Nelson, Georgia....along with all the guns Mark Kelly has purchased in multiple states.

It would do many communities across America justice to take a stand to ensure that their neighborhoods are a place where law abiding citizens would feel safe and secure to reside within.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Correction: Mark Kelly is no longer an astronaut. He is a former astronaut.

I suppose Mark Kelly's psychological records from his days as an astronaut are stored away in some X-files, somewhere. Should Mark Kelly's psychological records be put on public display?

Because Mark Kelly is saying that anyone who buys guns must make their psychological records more easily accessible. And Mark Kelly sure has purchased his fair share of guns. In several states. Where are Mark Kelly's psychological records to be examined?

Getting back to the hypothetical that Mark Kelly....or someone like Mark Kelly.....moves to Nelson Georgia, and the city fathers of Nelson have agreed that everyone should own a gun, Mark Kelly should fit in right comfortably with the citizens of Nelson, Georgia.

Mark Kelly....or anyone like Mark Kelly.....has his guns.

Ostensibly Mark Kelly....or anyone like Mark Kelly.....would have their psychological records open to review by everyone in Nelson, Georgia?

Gun control activist Mark Kelly says mental record access must be in background check law

Kelly pressed for the proposed background check law in an interview on Fox News Sunday.

www.washingtonpost.com... a0a-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Would it be safe to assume that Mark Kelly will volunteer to help keep our schools safe through NRA funded training?

Mr. Kelly certainly owns enough guns....

NRA-funded proposal calls for armed personnel in schools

WASHINGTON — Every U.S. school would have armed, trained personnel under a study funded by the powerful National Rifle Association and unveiled on Tuesday in response to December's massacre at a Connecticut school.

news.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
so far your post makes little or no sense.

If Mr Kelly chooses to purchase a new fireaerm then a proper nics check is in order per FEDERAL law. If Mr kelly already owns a firearm no background check is necessary. If Mr Kelly should object to firearms or is lawfully unable to have a firearm then he doesn't have to have one. I don't know where you are going with this post, but if you think it is new that a community requires firearm ownership then you are several years behind the times. Research Kennesaw Ga.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

I'm a bit confused...First, you said this:

it contains no penalties and exempts anyone who objects, convicted felons and those with certain mental and physical disabilities

And then you said this:

And, yes, what is wrong with requiring citizens of your community to pass a background check? If one is a felon, or mentally incapable of partaking in the Second Amendment (or any Amendment), they will not be allowed to buy a home in your community.

So convicted felons are exempt from the law; however, convicted felons are not allowed to purchase a home in the community? Also, the law exempts anyone who objects to the law, so It's not really an enforceable law, now is it?

Gotta love those lawmakers that make up unenforceable laws at the tax payers expense.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
so far your post makes little or no sense.

If Mr Kelly chooses to purchase a new fireaerm then a proper nics check is in order per FEDERAL law. If Mr kelly already owns a firearm no background check is necessary. If Mr Kelly should object to firearms or is lawfully unable to have a firearm then he doesn't have to have one. I don't know where you are going with this post, but if you think it is new that a community requires firearm ownership then you are several years behind the times. Research Kennesaw Ga.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

Okay. I'll type slower to see if you can understand better.

One. Mark Kelly has purchased lots of guns in several different states. Even though he says he's against gun ownership.

Two. If Mark Kelly brought his arsenal with him in a move to Nelson, Georgia....he'd be very welcome per the new legislation that the citizens of Nelson should own guns. Mark Kelly has lots of guns, even though he's lobbying to have guns taken away.

Three.....wouldn't it be a good idea to not only make people pass a background check before purchasing a gun, make them pass a background check before they move into your neighborhood? Would they let Mark Kelly move into their neighborhood even though he owns lots of guns....but is lobbying to outlaw guns?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

See above comments...steps one, two and three.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
reply to post by coltcall

I'm a bit confused...First, you said this:

So convicted felons are exempt from the law; however, convicted felons are not allowed to purchase a home in the community? Also, the law exempts anyone who objects to the law, so It's not really an enforceable law, now is it?

Gotta love those lawmakers that make up unenforceable laws at the tax payers expense.

I suggested that if they pass a law you have to own a gun, you have to pass a background check. Right?

If you can't pass a background check, you can't buy a gun...therefore you can't move into the neighborhood.

It's a good way to keep trash out of your neighborhood. You can't own a gun...you can't own a house here, either.

Now, even though Mark Kelly owns lots of guns purchased in many different states....even though Mark Kelly is lobbying to outlaw guns.......maybe Mark Kelly should not be allowed to move into Nelson simply because he's such a jerk?

In a more perfect word.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'd rather he own a gun than that pitbull.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutchowl
I'd rather he own a gun than that pitbull.

His wife should maybe feed him to the pit bull for screwing over her?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Please, don't type more slowly, just more precisely. State your point plainly and succently, so that all might get the greatest comprehension from your post.

Yes he may be a bit of a jerk, and I do not agree with his political leanings, but that does not make him a bad neighbor. I would rather have someone that I did not agree with as a neighbor, than someone that manufactures meth,or abuses children.

Political differences can be placed aside by two willing parties, I have many friends that have differing views than I, but we get along none the less.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

How is it that whenever there is a conversation with a liberal about the Second Amendment, the liberal usually brings up the topic of child abuse?

It's like we could be talking about the electrical blackout during the last Super Bowl, and a liberal will somehow inject the topic of child abuse.

I'm getting to think that the only time a liberal will talk about something other than child abuse is when the subject is about child abuse.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wow thats funny! You think I am a liberal? Maybe you should research my posts a bit before you fly off at the mouth. I simply asked you to be clear in posts and write as if you had an education.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
Wow thats funny! You think I am a liberal? Maybe you should research my posts a bit before you fly off at the mouth. I simply asked you to be clear in posts and write as if you had an education.

I think you may have missed the entire point of this discussion. Trying to find humor in the issue is rather subjective. We don't know what is making you laugh.

top topics

join