It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the cat in "puss in boots" a cunning sociopath?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I recently saw a bit of the 2011 animated movie "Puss in Boots" while channel surfing yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Later on in the day, I ran a search on it and I learned that the cat in the movie was based off a French fairy tale called "Le Chat Botté".

In the story the cat uses deceit, intimidation, lies and manipulation and...
- saves his own life (which is fair)
- help his poor owner get married to a princess
- kill an ogre
- become a "lord"

The story's "morals" are...

a)There is great advantage in receiving a large inheritance, but diligence and ingenuity are worth more than wealth acquired from others.

b)If a miller's son can win the heart of a princess in so short a time, causing her to gaze at him with lovelorn eyes, it must be due to his clothes, his appearance, and his youth.These things do play a role in matters of the heart.

While I ABSOLUTELY love cats, I couldn't help but think the cat in this particular story was ummm.... lets just say... I'm glad its a fairy tale.

Read "Puss in boots"

edit on 2-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I thought all Cats were cunning sociopaths. Have you ever seen one kill a mouse or bird? They play with them for a while before dealing the killing blow, only other animal I can think of that does this is type of thing is us Humans.
edit on 2-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

join