It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital vs. Tangible Prints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I am a hobbyist photographer (read, not that good but love doing it). I got a polaroid style camera today, a Fuji film Instax Mini I think it's called. I'm old, but young at heart and have always loved these instant type cameras. It got me to thinking about how I have hundreds of photos saved on my phone, and probably thousands between my computer and extra hard drives. And unfortunately, most of those will never make it into a photo album, or even a wallet.

On the other hand, I also develop prints from film, so I do have those tangible pictures, they just take a little more work.

My point is, there are times when I really value the tangible more than the digital. For example, what if a solar flare or CME or EMP or whatever caused all the electronics to be ruined? All we would have left are the tangible things. Or, more likely, what if your phone falls in a toilet or your computer crashes? You've lost so many memories.

My point is, I think everyone should take the time to print out one or two photos of their loved ones or the places or things that are special. Because you never know when you won't have digital access anymore.

Do you prefer digital or prints?

Sorry if this is just rambling, maybe they should make a rambling forum.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Well i prefare digital for the simple reason workflow is quicker, And also when you do sunsets, rises and other tricky lighting situations, you can see what you are getting straight away and make the necessary adjustments in camera. But YES. Everyone should back up there digital images asap. Because you never know when technology will let you down. I just lost quite a lot of images through a faulty laptop and my laziness!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

I like both.
I took some camera classes in High School and I went through the whole cycle of taking pics and developing them myself in the dark room.

My wife has discovered snapfish. Which runs specials sometimes. We printed out some 200 pics in an album for 20 dollars.

We do this sometimes so we can give pics of the girls to their grandmother.

It's cheap enough to take the best digital pics and get 4x6 prints done.

www.snapfish.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

snapfish is an awesome site, I love making the photo books.
2nd
edit on 2-4-2013 by MojaveBurning because: typo

top topics

join