It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Top ten immigrant populations & Net migration falls by a third

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Migrate Britain: Top ten immigrant populations and popular spots:

1. POLAND — 79,140 — Northern Ireland
2. INDIA — 47,270 — Newham, E London
3. PAKISTAN — 38,300 — Birmingham
4. LITHUANIA — 33,190 — Peterborough
5. SPAIN — 30,370 — Edinburgh
6. ITALY — 24,280 — Haringey, N London
7. ROMANIA — 22,940 — Brent, NW London
8. FRANCE — 21,560 — Westminster, C London
9. LATVIA — 18,590 — Peterborough
10. HUNGARY — 18,110 — Haringey

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk... (taken from the sun so take it as you will.)

And then apparently immigration has fallen by a third. www.bbc.co.uk...

-A fall in the number of migrants from New Commonwealth countries - 117,000 compared with 168,000 the previous year - and those from EU accession countries, including Poland - 62,000 compared with 86,000 the previous year.

-Some 352,000 emigrants left the UK in the year ending June 2012, "similar" to the estimate of 342,000 in the year to June 2011.

-Excluding visitor and transit visas, the number of visas issued fell 10% to 507,701 in the year ending December 2012, the lowest 12-monthly total recorded using comparable data available from 2005.

-In the year to December 2012, there were 209,804 visas issued for the purpose of study (excluding student visitors), a fall of 20% compared with the previous 12 months.

-Sponsored visa applications fell 22%, with a 3% increase for the university sector and falls of 62% for further education, 69% for English language schools and 14% for independent schools.

Still think this lot is procrastination to bigger issues. Lets take Birmingham for example the biggest Metropolitan borough in the country has 38,300 Pakistanis gracing the area... that still only 3% of the population, Tiny.

Interesting figures all the same. I wonder how many British emigrate to France and Spain.
edit on 2-4-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
You say there are only 38,300 Pakistanis in Birmingham out of a population of 1,000,000 , but you completely ignore the fact that Pakistan is only one country if you add them to other Asian groups in Birmingham it makes up 25.4 % of the population which is more than a quarter?
then add in other foreign nationalities and the foreign population adds up to 46% of the population. So only slightly more than half are native in Birmingham.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-4-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
You say there are only 38,300 Pakistanis in Birmingham out of a population of 1,000,000 , but you completely ignore the fact that Pakistan is only one country if you add them to other Asian groups in Birmingham it makes up 25.4 % of the population which is more than a quarter?
then add in other foreign nationalities and the foreign population adds up to 46% of the population. So only slightly more than half are native in Birmingham.

en.wikipedia.org...

I couldn't comment on Birmingham's immigration as I don't know the figures, but talking about ethnicity 85.67% of the UK population is white British... there called minorities for a reason.

Asian minorities account for 3.8% of the population. Tiny. The majority of them being born in the UK and as British as anyone else.

Lets not forget the massive difference between ethnicity and nationality, which I assume is where you extracted your stats. (they are not immigration values)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84
Still think this lot is procrastination to bigger issues. Lets take Birmingham for example the biggest Metropolitan borough in the country has 38,300 Pakistanis gracing the area... that still only 3% of the population, Tiny.

Indeed - while immigration is high, taken in context we're still pretty much 90% "White British" across the land.

Interesting figures all the same. I wonder how many British emigrate to France and Spain.
edit on 2-4-

Ex pats in France is something like 250,000 and Spain is 800,000! extra DIV

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

From Birmingham City Council's own website

Birmingham England
2011 number 2011% 2001% 2011%
Resident population 1073045
Ethnic Group
White British 570217 53.1 65.6 79.8
Pakistani 144627 13.5 10.6 2.1
Indian 64621 6 5.7 2.6
White other 51419 4.8 4.7 5.7
Caribbean 47641 4.4 4.9 1.1
Mixed 47605 4.4 2.9 2.3
Bangladeshi32532 3 2.1 0.8
African 29991 2.8 0.6 1.8
Chinese 12712 1.2 0.5 0.7
Other ethnicity71680 6.7 2.3 3.1

www.birmingham.gov.uk... r%2FWrapper

In 10 years the percentage of Birmingham's population that is of Pakistani origin went up just short of 3% to 13.5%.
When added to those of Indian and Bangladeshi origin it totals 22.5% of Birmingham's population are of Indian sub-continent descent.

ETA
This compares nationally to 2.1% of Pakistani origin and 5.5% of sub-continent origin.

Figures are from the 2011 census.
edit on 2/4/13 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
hi op

Sorry about Chelsea yesterday lol

The guv know they have efed up big time and their is no going back.

The stats do not show what us ordinary people have to do day by day.

Its bad enough walking and working with non speaking English, but even when an Asian British born says this

"My parents are of Pakistani origin, but I am British-born and never been to Pakistan. I'm going to be frank and direct on this issue. I am of the opinion that Pakistani's should be banned from entering this country, with the existing population given incentives to go back. They are the most corrupt, greedy, manipulative bunch of "people" I've ever seen. I grew up in a half-Asian/half-English community in Walthamstow, London.

- If you think Jews are thirsty for money, you don't know Pakistani's. Extremely corrupt and will make money from anything and everything. Pakistani solicitors would break any and every law for a fee."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Indeed - while immigration is high, taken in context we're still pretty much 90% "White British" across the land.

edit on 2-4-

Ex pats in France is something like 250,000 and Spain is 800,000!

STU i agree so much ...But...

This is a tiny island compared to the rest of the world
And if you mix people with different religions on a small island
then expect the repercussion.

Its not suprising any more nor is it shocking
this has been implemented carefully since the end of ww1

E.G im here in coventry now
I am 15 mins walk from the town center
From my abode to the town center, i would be lucky if i seen 10 white people

Not to say that the non whites are not british born...saying that most of them are not.
I could add sources such as Coventry city council and the NHS admit that immigration is ruining this town.

But because a lot of peeps work and do work hard, they are not accustomed to this viewing on a daily basis.

But this is just one persons viewing
cheers...dave extra DIV

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I totally agree matey - I have nothing against immigration, this country was built by it, but space is limited and we're getting full. This is simply a realistic assessment of the situation, not based on any racism or what have you, but we do need to have controls in place and for the EU migrants too.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by tdk84

From Birmingham City Council's own website

Birmingham England
2011 number 2011% 2001% 2011%
Resident population 1073045
Ethnic Group
White British 570217 53.1 65.6 79.8
Pakistani 144627 13.5 10.6 2.1
Indian 64621 6 5.7 2.6
White other 51419 4.8 4.7 5.7
Caribbean 47641 4.4 4.9 1.1
Mixed 47605 4.4 2.9 2.3
Bangladeshi32532 3 2.1 0.8
African 29991 2.8 0.6 1.8
Chinese 12712 1.2 0.5 0.7
Other ethnicity71680 6.7 2.3 3.1

www.birmingham.gov.uk... r%2FWrapper

In 10 years the percentage of Birmingham's population that is of Pakistani origin went up just short of 3% to 13.5%.
When added to those of Indian and Bangladeshi origin it totals 22.5% of Birmingham's population are of Indian sub-continent descent.

ETA
This compares nationally to 2.1% of Pakistani origin and 5.5% of sub-continent origin.

Figures are from the 2011 census.

Are you not confusing ethnicity and immigration? You may have someone ethnically Pakistani or Indian etc born 3rd or 4th generation in the UK.

Gets more confusing when you include mixed race populations.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-

Ex pats in France is something like 250,000 and Spain is 800,000!

Wow thats quite a lot... I guess we got to take advantage of these E.U laws
extra DIV

davesmart

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I totally agree matey - I have nothing against immigration, this country was built by it, but space is limited and we're getting full. This is simply a realistic assessment of the situation, not based on any racism or what have you, but we do need to have controls in place and for the EU migrants too.

Exactly m8 you could have not said it better.

But guv is scared to say "bugger of home now your not needed".

But also thats unfair for the the genuine immigrants from years ago that have built their life here.

This guv has to stop immigration full stop.
London has more non brits than brit born, and the midlands is and will head the same way.

I honestly have to give guv a round of applause..
They aint half fecked up everything that our grandparents laid down their lifes for.

tdk84

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Exactly m8 you could have not said it better.

But guv is scared to say "bugger of home now your not needed".

But also thats unfair for the the genuine immigrants from years ago that have built their life here.

This guv has to stop immigration full stop.
London has more non brits than brit born, and the midlands is and will head the same way.

I honestly have to give guv a round of applause..
They aint half fecked up everything that our grandparents laid down their lifes for.

Are they not combating this though? there saying immigration has dropped by a third? As previously stated theres nothing wrong with immigration. Personally if you have a skilled labour force who wants to contribute, then so let them.

I guess that doesn't apply to just skilled labour. We get a lot of Gurkha's where I am due to the army base near us. Really friendly guys not that you would want to mess with them haha. But if they want to fight for us by all means stay and reap the rewards.

The Gov just needs to tighten the rules like how Australia and co do. We should be exploiting the benefits of immigration not the other way around.

Freeborn

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

Are you not confusing ethnicity and immigration? You may have someone ethnically Pakistani or Indian etc born 3rd or 4th generation in the UK.

Not at all - one is directly reliant on the other.

Gets more confusing when you include mixed race populations.

Indeed.

There is nothing wrong with immigration per se - provided immigrants have something to offer and are willing to intigrate, in fact they can and have positively enhanced our society.
In addition I think in a progressive and caring society we should be able to offer safe haven to those in genuine danger.

But the open door immigration policy that has been gradually encouraged by succesive governments is proving detrimental to our economy and possibly even our culture.
It is possible to put forward a fair and reasonable arguement that at times immigrants 'rights' and interests are being put before those of existing UK nationals.

And in such austere times it is difficult to support further immigration of those who will put even more strain on our resources especially when so many are suffering real hardships.

Let's put our own house in order and when that's done perhaps we'll be able to re-assess the situation.

Immigration seems to the taboo subject of politics and it's impossible to have an open, honest and reasoned debate on the subject.

nagabonar

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
UK should be responsible for her actions in the past - colonialism and robbing countries from their wealth...

So i say good that there are a lot indians, pakis, africans, carribeans and other nationalities in the UK and i hope it just gets more.

"you reap what you sow"

Freeborn

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

"you reap what you sow"

If that is true then I dread to think what the future has in store for the USA.

tdk84

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by tdk84

Not at all - one is directly reliant on the other.

That's true but the original stats were of migrats in the UK from 2011 data. It wasn't about ethnicity of those. For example, you could have a white South African. Hence you cant really compare the data quoted.

There is nothing wrong with immigration per se - provided immigrants have something to offer and are willing to intigrate, in fact they can and have positively enhanced our society.
In addition I think in a progressive and caring society we should be able to offer safe haven to those in genuine danger.

But the open door immigration policy that has been gradually encouraged by succesive governments is proving detrimental to our economy and possibly even our culture.
It is possible to put forward a fair and reasonable arguement that at times immigrants 'rights' and interests are being put before those of existing UK nationals.

And in such austere times it is difficult to support further immigration of those who will put even more strain on our resources especially when so many are suffering real hardships.

Let's put our own house in order and when that's done perhaps we'll be able to re-assess the situation.

Immigration seems to the taboo subject of politics and it's impossible to have an open, honest and reasoned debate on the subject.

I agree it needs tightening... they should follow the Australian system. They got to combat the E.U laws first. Given the fact that all the European big boys are struggling with this problem, Germany experiencing the biggest issue you would hope changes in open borders are refined soon.

hp1229

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It used to be a lucrative idea for many immigrants to migrate overseas in search of prosperity and a better life. With the change in times and 'globalization', it is slowly changing. Not many folks are too keen on migrating as majority of them go back to the native country after few years. Atleast that has been the trend in US for the past 20 years.

tdk84

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
UK should be responsible for her actions in the past - colonialism and robbing countries from their wealth...

So i say good that there are a lot indians, pakis, africans, carribeans and other nationalities in the UK and i hope it just gets more.

"you reap what you sow"

You make it sound like we were conquistadors... I shouldnt feed you though.

stumason

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

So only the UK has ever colonised or invaded anyone else? There is hardly a single country on this planet that is innocent of such things through history. every country in the America's came into being by murdering and enslaving the native population, most of which was not done bu the British, but rather Spanish settlers and later the USA got in on the act, merrily stealing land and slaughtering those who resisted...

Now get off your high horse....

davesmart

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar

"you reap what you sow"

My goodness!!

Another brainwashed daddys got money type of person (from a British view point)

Yeh we brits have watched "the prince of Bel-air.....and you sir/madam sound like something
Carlton would say untill he got his facts right and then would feel utmost guilt
and lick untill his soul was clean....on topic

I did not rob no countries and if you are talking about the slave trade..

" indians, pakis, africans, carribeans and other nationalities in the UK "

Funny how their is no white foreigners on your list.
and as to refering pakistani's as pakis is quite racist in this day and age.
I dont understand you??
are you # stiring??

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join