It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come Birds don't fly Upside down or do Loop-de-Loops?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Seriously. If I were a bird i'd be doing loops and huge dives, I'd be doing spins and backward loops that turn into spins just to change direction.... Why don't birds do these things?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
ok i know this is off topic but this has got to be my favorite question
ever asked, and i really do mean that

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Hummingbirds are known to be able to pull-off some neat aerobatics... they can fly backwards, upside down, hover vertically and horizontally as well as roll in flight.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Thing is they do not do those things because it wastes energy. Also maybe some birds can not physically do it.

But I agree If I was able to transform into a bird I would do them

edit on 2-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

have you ever seen eagles or hawks playing with their prey? amazing acrobatics,
they can even push goats of cliffs..
they do all those things...
edit on 2-4-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Because it isn't natural to them or necessary. You're thinking like a human, the beings that love pain, fear, and danger, we seek those things, every other living being avoids it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Check out how Starlings fly too when in cloud formation :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

The birds mabey wondering why do humans never run or walkbackwards or roll down the street.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
go to your local stables or farm and check out barn swallows. they fly crazy fast stop and turn in mid air, sometimes you cant even walk past them they are like flying ninjas.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Ravens and Crows also do acrobatics and display what looks like celebrating the joy of flight.
Birds are interesting to watch, they have a variety of behaviors that amaze. Get a backyard feeder and start watching, you won't be sorry.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Retarded birds do

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I believe some can and do.

Here is my reason for believing so as follows

If you put a flea in a jar and seal it with a lid it will only jump as high as the top of the jar lid after he conditions himself.
Afterwards, If you take the jar top off it will never jump out of the jar

Ponder on that for a moment...psst take the red pill....
edit on 2-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It happens, mainly for evasive tactics but again, it seems pretty useless.

'What you see in that photo happens in a split second, it's not an accident but an acrobatic manoeuvre used by eagles for different reasons.

Sometimes it's used when the bird spots a fish or other food - it will do this mid air flip and nose dive towards it.

Another reason is a mating ritual: Every year eagle do a dating dance where they clasp talons and free fall towards the ground.

They also do this as a defence manoeuvre: If they are being attacked they will flip and this allows them to use their talons on their attacker.

edit on 2-4-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I'm sure you could see a falcon doing these things while hunting.
Being the king of the aerial dogfight and all.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thanks guys. Didn't know these things. But AWESOME! Especially that youtube video and hawks. Totally cool

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Its how there body and feathers are designed, a bird only really flys the way it does because of the placing and shape of the feather which make it aerodynamic and possible to fly the way it does.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think it also has to do with when you hold a bird and turn his body from side to side like a barrel roll, he will always keep his head level.

I used to raise finches , but for the life of me I cant rember turning an adult flying bird upside down only baby birds to clean them when hand raising.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I've never seen birds trying to fly upside down, but I've seen them do loops many times- most recently being yesterday. I have trees full of mating bluejays and they preform some amazing aeronautical stunts during "the chase"!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think for the same reason we don't walk around doing cartwheels and back flips

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Psych3d3licPsych3

Bird: "If i were a human, i would be doing cartwheels and back flips all day"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join