It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got sent this list of Monsanto owned companies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Knives4eyes

The only disinformation here is that monsato list...

Are you supporting this disinformation are you?

Certainly sounds like it.

Another self-made disinformation agent, you guys end up trying to protect the "matrix" because inevitably you brainwash yourselves and it's tough because you trust yourself the most.

bestmeal.info...

Let's just assume this website is utter lies, this is quite a long and extensive list of lies with numerous coincidences. Let's just assume Monsanto never made any profit and never made anything substantial, never made headlines, flew under the radar the entire time and never got noticed. Let's also assume there's no such thing as conspiracy.

OK I can see it from your viewpoint now.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
To this day I still choose not to buy petrol from BP for what they did in the gulf.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 2-4-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just to point out one more glaring coincidence to any blunt eyed observer, Pepsi made headlines over stem cells and flavoring.

Only 1 soda company made headlines, only 1 got the blame, Montsanto spins companies to avoid litigation. All attention was diverted to a seemingly seperate beverage entity, what better way to keep balance.

Who appears to specialize in artificial sweeteners....Montsanto if you have bricks for eyes.

I heard coke products weren't selling as well as pepsi products lately, think like a rich man.

edit: Refer to your disinformation agency pamphlet and as they say in sweden, " Come at me bro." ( disclaimer: I don't think you're an actual disinformation agent but you're on the way to being one)
edit on 2-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Why are you deflecting?

And what's with the name calling?

What you posted has nothing to do with the misleading list provided in the OP.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Why are you deflecting?

And what's with the name calling?

What you posted has nothing to do with the misleading list provided in the OP.

Your post has absolutely no relevance and is extremely OT, what angle are you working at? I don't understand, shouldn't you be protecting Montsanto right now with some pertinent information?

because you're not going to change anyone's perception on what I've said or on me.

For anyone just joining, what is occuring is common with disinformation, often when they cannot disprove a point they will focus on the poster. They often travel in packs but usually stick to a buddy system with one person ramping up the improbability factor for the next. If this doesn't work they might resort to some psuedoscience.

Damn right, I beat you to it because I'm sick of disinformation and how it adversely affects people's thoughts and craps on threads.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hey mate, you're the one that decided to go the "disinformation" route...a tried and true tactic of someone with no argument.

YOU were the one that went after the player by accusing alpha1 of disinformation, and I'm calling you on it.

It's funny, just because I and others are calling the list for what it is (BS), doesn't automatically mean I and others (I can't speak for them obviously), are "defenders of monsato".

So don't accuse me of doing so.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This is a list of Monsanto's direct product line, match these up with companies on that list if you're inclined.

library.wustl.edu...

PepsiCo has contributed $1,716,300 to oppose the passage of California Proposition 37, which would mandate the disclosure of genetically modified crops used in the production of California food products.[74][75][76] PepsiCo believes "that genetically-modified products can play a role in generating positive economic, social and environmental contributions to societies around the world; particularly in times of food shortages."[77]

I ain't your mate pal.

that genetically-modified products can play a role in generating positive economic, social and environmental contributions to societies around the world; particularly in times of food shortages."[77]

Who else has this same motto, Monsanto.

When I said come at me bro, I meant come at me bro...with a solid argument presenting your facts on how we can adopt your perspective on this matter.

Now come at me, bro and realize even if you aren't intending to you ARE providing disinformation by just posting and trying to implant doubt into readers.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: I TOLD YOU THEY TRAVEL IN PACKS!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Title of this thread: I just got sent this list of Monsanto owned companies

Monsato does not own them.

/thread

I'm just here to discuss and debunk the above lie.

Oh and to call you out for your name calling, that's uncalled for.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

You have got to be kidding me. It's all of them-dirty bastages all selling us chemicals to eat!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Someway, somehow they will pay for there sins. They think that they won't be judged. They are being watched.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I noticed all those were brand names so if we shop Generic we should be better off right?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There exists a political party in Canada called Greenpeace. Here the guide they produced on non-GMO driven shopping:

PDF guide

enjoy!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

There's two types of people in the world

1. Those gullible types who instantly believe whatever people tell them.
2. Those who ask "how can I be sure this is true?"

Proof in this thread, lots of ATS readers are type 1.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Anyone who took the time to access the source link should have been immediately suspicious of it's content, as it provided no documentation to support the claim that Monsanto owned those companies listed. In fact, the claim is false and Monsanto does NOT own all the companies on the list!

www.sproutsanfrancisco.com...

The “Do Not Buy – Monsanto Owned Companies” list as seen here has been circling social media websites, blogs, and news articles like wild fire, due to the dismissal of a year-long federal class-action lawsuit against the corporation.Although Monsanto does not necessarily own these companies; as suggested by this list’s title, the genetically modified (GM) seeds Monsanto produces are supposedly sold to farmers who grow the ingredients for these companies to use.

www.snopes.com...

It's not that I'm a fan of Monsanto, because I'm not. I'm just trying to help enlighten the "Type 1" individuals here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

keep in mind, when you buy store brand, like Great Value from Wal-Mart, these companies are contracting product out from other companies. Wal-Mart doesn't make peanut butter or milk or ketchup--they buy it and put their label on it. Look up ConAgra, a whole new food conspiracy in itself.
ConAgra Wiki page

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The OP is slightly misleading by saying Monsanto owns those companies, they don't.
However, most if not all of those companies are supplied with GMO ingredients, and use them in their products on a regular basis. I remember a thread from not long ago that supplied another list of companies who acknowledged that they used these 'harmless' ingredients in their products. I will try and find it again. That list basically lined up with the greeenpeace list and the list the OP posted.

Bottom line, those are companies that support the big ag industry led by Monsanto and their ilk. I have also been trying to weed these products out of my home. Some of them are healthy options at first glance. Others are foods that my husband and I grew up with and are just old favorites. Simple things like crackers are on the lists. I really try to make my own foods from scratch, it's not always possible. Being aware of other options gives people a choice that is more natural if they want it. Food prices being what they are makes it much more difficult, I was surprised to find ( in my area) that the organic alternatives are no longer $3-$5 more expensive than their mainstream counterparts. These foods have become more desirable and the price has come down drastically. I spent around $0.10 more for the store brand organic roasted garlic whole wheat crackers than what I would have spent on the same sized box of tricuits. I actually saved about $0.60 a jar on spaghetti sauce by buying organic. I can't convince them to eat the organic yogurt though.

I say the same thing about the seeds, if we support the small companies trying to do good with their products while making a living, why not. It only helps make it possible for them to offer their goods at lower prices, and that benefits everyone! It's not always possible, it is very hard to make the tough choice between idealism and finances.The more volume a company sells, the cheaper they can offer their products for.

I found the thread that I mentioned, www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-4-2013 by woodsmom because: added link

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

What is this? More disinformation? I just provided 2 links that are pretty coincidental and fools still mouth off thinking snopes is the righteous source of information.

Do yourself a favor and disregard your own BS and take that thing in your right hand and use a search engine and your keen sense of observation. Since if I find a million connections YOU will refuse to see the truth.

Go to a library maybe you won't have your searches altered....oh whoops should I link proof of that too?

Need to look behind the scrim.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
This is an oldie, debunked by Snopes last year.

Monsanto does not own all those companies.

Wasn't Snopes debunked ..... repeatedly?

One of many:

tomohalloran.com...

edit on 2-4-2013 by EricR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hells to the yeah.... Twinkies are not on the list...

Wait a min...Maybe that is why they went under.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I was thinking something was fishy as there were competitors in there.
Heinz/hunts pepsi/coke Etc.
But for the most part much of this list would not affect me as I already cook 99 percent of my foods from scratch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join