It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got sent this list of Monsanto owned companies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
With the heading :

Maybe if enough people BOYCOTT MONSANTO PRODUCTS someone will get the message. After all, its all about commerce and if they're not profiting corporations get shut down. Shareholders don't like losing money. Lets send these guys to the poorhouse, even tho they should be doing life in prison for crimes against humanity, as well as the entire planet! Only 1 page to print and carry while shopping.

Anyway here is the list, I'm even surprised at the amount of companies on this list.

Source

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow.

I have been looking for a list like this. It seems he(they) have covered every corner. Even if this monster is brought down, how can we erase the giant footprint this creature has created on our planet?

Not my Doritos

edit on 2-4-2013 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: edit

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In other words, avoid the middle aisles of the grocery store - like the plague.
Shop the outer aisles only.
Better yet, shop the farmers markets.
Quit eating this crap. I'm not holier-than, by any means. I just bought a jar of frickin' hellman's today.

But this is the list we all need to take with us to the grocery store.
Money talks.

"Ms." Butterworths

P & G is a whole big conglomerate on its own, too.

Thanks for this list.
edit on 2-4-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I wish I lived near a farmers market

At least I have a new incentive to pass my driving test!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I'm really not sure how we can get rid of them, they're like an unstoppable force and they've done so much damage already. It makes me feel sick

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm

I wish I lived near a farmers market

At least I have a new incentive to pass my driving test!

Pity, that - the distance to the farmers market.
That list is very good incentive to motivate many things! haha

Their hand (claw) is very widespread. Once we get the knowledge, it moves to our side of the court.
Do we choose to support it, or not?

Easier to type it than walk it, but if this list makes me buy even say 10 less items, I believe or hope anyway that it turns into the butterfly effect...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Definitely! I will be completely paying more attention to what I buy. The supermarkets near me don't even do that much Organic which is a shame, so I will just have to watch what I'm buying. I might even try making some things from scratch, like sauces, etc
Can't beat home made food

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is an oldie, debunked by Snopes last year.

Monsanto does not own all those companies.

Origins: The list reproduced above purportedly details a wealth of food-related companies or brands supposedly owned by Monsanto, the multinational agricultural biotechnology corporation. In fact, Monsanto doesn't own the listed companies; this item appears to be an attempt to compile a list of companies selling food items that make use of products developed by Monsanto (such as artificial sweeteners or agricultural products derived from genetically engineered seed). Last updated: 29 February 2012 Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2013 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson. Read more at www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

I'm with ya - will be watching closer now.
And yes to home-made! Really doesn't take that much longer in most instances.

Especially yes to home made cleaners (re: P & G) - vinegar & baking soda together or separately cleans almost everything. Throw in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of vinegar to your load of laundry (can use a cheaper laundry detergent if not home made) and your laundry smells fresh like sunshine, also supposed to eliminate the need for dryer sheets.

The buggers.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Check out the Monsanto page that shows what seed etc companies they own.

Supposedly 40% of the American seed market?

Good luck figuring out what seed company your veggies etc came from.

www.monsanto.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
"It"s the seeds, stupid!!!"

That will get you worried. They got us by the .....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Yes, the source; the seeds. For those who plant - be watchful of the wording on the seed package. Aren't heirloom the best types of seeds to buy?

All the companies listed whether or not the 'm' word owns them, are selling foods loaded with crap.

I know you know, this is just in case there's even 1 person who reads it as new knowledge - who knows.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What the hell, they own phillip morris a tobacco company also?

I feel as though Montsanto is painting me in a corner forcing me to eat poison and I have no idea who to trust in terms of food now. I try to eat kosher but even that's not kosher now.

I'm still letting in the part that they own coke and pepsi settle in....I don't care what snopes has to say I already know Montsanto spins off companies to avoid direct litigation.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
THE HARTVILLE FLEE MARKET BABY!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There's two types of people in the world

1. Those gullible types who instantly believe whatever people tell them.
2. Those who ask "how can I be sure this is true?"

Proof in this thread, lots of ATS readers are type 1.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The list seems like nonsense. Maybe it’s a list of companies they supply with their poison, but I’d be shocked if Monsanto actually owned corporations like Coca Cola and Pepsi. They’re massive in their own right and own a whole heap under them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

There's two types of people in the world

1. Those gullible types who instantly believe whatever people tell them.
2. Those who ask "how can I be sure this is true?"

Proof in this thread, lots of ATS readers are type 1.

And the 3rd type of person, the disinformation agent who chooses a narrow viewpoint and thus tries to exploit it against people via shaddy logic.

Mostly the 3rd type doesn't even realize they've been eating GMO their entire lives and even their parents also providing the greatest disinformation, to themselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

The only disinformation here is that monsato list...

Are you supporting this disinformation are you?

Certainly sounds like it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

This is not a list of companies that Monsanto owns, but a list of companies, which Monsanto supplies with its products e.g. Coca-Cola buys artifical sweeteners from there.

The company's first product was the artificial sweetener saccharin, which was sold to the Coca-Cola Company.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I did some work for Monsanto in Melbourne last year, beat another guys quote by $10 I was told.
They are 90 day payers as well, apart from the fact they are trying to kill us with with their modified and full of chemicals food.
They are tight a*ses as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join