It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Obama? White House Schedule blank this week?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Something's up! Folks I know are very busy and unavailable this week and lately. Of course, the rest of us are all being kept in the dark about the true goings on. Be prepared as best you can for ??????
edit on 04/02/2013 by VegasGurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Where is Obama? White House Schedule blank this week

This isn't the first time he's had a blank schedule. I remember it being reported other times as well. The dude is probably too busy watching basketball and going to post-basketball season parties or something.
He's got time to fill out his 'brackets' ... and take vacation after vacation .. and go golfing .. but no time for his security briefings.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't believe everything you see on TV...much more is always going on behind the scenes...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
But his is the most transparent administration ever!

This guy is a joke. Hate him and not because he's black, but because he's an arrogant a-hole.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I never thought of China wanting to claim Hawaii

China has had a claim on Hawaii since before Obama was born

(wherever that really occurred)

don't know about the Aussie General but Pacific Command are these guys and the last guy listed, Rudes, was just in Korea a couple wks ago. link

care to share where you got the information ?
has something changed while we were sleeping ?

yes, i'm trying to keep up with the economic disturbance as best i can but i really don't see BRICS getting beyond talk very soon.
however, we'll see.

i didn't realize the new moon was so soon when i typed it ... i sure hope it isn't this coming new moon, it's just not 'time' yet.

yes, the greatest captor to ever live is one's own mind.
hence, the greatest weapon in existance is again, one's own mind.

what's amazing to me is how easily ppl dismiss their own minds for any other source of comfort ... are we really that _____ ??
fill in the blank with your own creativity

ya know, i recently watched an update on the "lost boys" from the genocide in SA two decades or so ago ... it was an interesting piece and a testament to the will of the individual (and their individual faith), much moreso than the evnvironment in which they left or landed. wish i could remember the name of it.

ppl who cannot summon their own creativity are destined to become subjects of whatever form of subjugation presents itself ... and Americans are a fine example of that as well.

and here's an interesting thought since i just received this today ... is this whole movement (NK/China) nothing more than the infamous distraction game being played out before our eyes ?
concentrate and watch the east while we rob you in the west
DHS sent memo to banks

ETA - just so you know i'm not fibbing about China/Hawaii ... read this ... excerpt is from the Q&A at the bottom of the 'speech'. (Clinton/2012)

At one point in one of my long discussions about this, one of my Chinese interlocutors said, “Well, we could claim Hawaii.” I said, “Well, go ahead, and we’ll go to arbitration and prove we own it. That’s what we want you to do.”

So I think that this is a learning process for everybody, because why are these now – these old territorial disputes coming to the forefront? Because people think there are resources, and they want to drill, and they want to find out what’s there. And they think it’s got material benefits for them. But it has to be done in a lawful way. And that’s why I’ve advocated strongly that we accede to the Convention on the Law of the Seas, because it will strengthen our hand in making these cases.
they wouldn't be 'coming to the forefront' if they had been resolved previously.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Is it normal for the White House to show nothing in advance? Almost seems counterproductive?

edit on 2-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

It is normal for them not to post his schedule until the day of and sometimes late in the day. I think they do that for security reasons.

There was atleast one thread on his 'empty' calendar last year during the doomsday freak out and a whole lotta chatter on it in other threads. Everyone thought then it was empty because he had headed to the bunker in Colorado.

ETA: Looks like some media gets the schedule the night before. Maybe the person that handles the whitehouse.gov site is just slow.

Obama welcomes Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore to the White House Tuesday for bilateral discussions, the daily schedule indicated.

The schedule indicated Obama will:

-- Receive, with Vice President Joe Biden, the Presidential Daily Briefing in the Oval Office.

-- Meet with senior advisers.

-- Have lunch with Biden in the Private Dining Room.

-- Discuss with Lee a range of strategic and economic issues affecting the Asia-Pacific region. The vice president will also attend the meeting.

-- Meet with Biden and with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel in the Oval Office.

-- Host cast and crew members of the movie "42" for a screening at the White House.

source

another source posted last night
edit on 2-4-2013 by OneisOne because: add and clean up

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I say it is the latter;it is the calm before the storm.

with china mounting on north korea's border,it can not be a good sign.I'm sure china is not there to
invade north korea.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That is his public appearance schedule. If nothing is scheduled then nothing will be listed.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Is it normal for the White House to show nothing in advance? Almost seems counterproductive?

It is normal for them not to post his schedule until the day of and sometimes late in the day. I think they do that for security reasons.

There was atleast one thread on his 'empty' calendar last year during the doomsday freak out and a whole lotta chatter on it in other threads. Everyone thought then it was empty because he had headed to the bunker in Colorado.

ETA: Looks like some media gets the schedule the night before. Maybe the person that handles the whitehouse.gov site is just slow.

Obama welcomes Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of Singapore to the White House Tuesday for bilateral discussions, the daily schedule indicated.

The schedule indicated Obama will:

-- Receive, with Vice President Joe Biden, the Presidential Daily Briefing in the Oval Office.

-- Meet with senior advisers.

-- Have lunch with Biden in the Private Dining Room.

-- Discuss with Lee a range of strategic and economic issues affecting the Asia-Pacific region. The vice president will also attend the meeting.

-- Meet with Biden and with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel in the Oval Office.

-- Host cast and crew members of the movie "42" for a screening at the White House.

source

another source posted last night
edit on 2-4-2013 by OneisOne because: add and clean up

This is a complain about Obama thread. You are not helping when you point out holes in the op's thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This is a complain about Obama thread. You are not helping when you point out holes in the op's thread.

Well buster2010 I have complained about Obama plenty, but fair is fair. The fact that the calendar stays pretty much empty until the day of is normal and documented. If I just bashed Obama for it, while knowing why it's empty, that would just make me a tool.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No, Buster, this isn't a complain about Obama thread. However some have thrown their comments in, and I can't blame people for being pissed. We're screwed back home and our wonderful leader sees another war he can go start. Oh goody.

No, the point of having made this thread is that North Korea represents the most serious military confrontation without shooting since Saddam crossed the dunes and raped Kuwait in 1990. Actually, I don't recall the raw tension in the air in August of 1990 that I see and hear from people out there today. It's much more apparent now than it was then. I don't know quite what may have changed, aside from the fact this is a far more serious enemy for any number of reasons.

Personally, I'd just be happy if the Pentagon stopped killing people all over the globe in my name and Obama started being Presidential in fixing problems and not making new ones.

The main concern though? I just checked the schedule again. *STILL* blank for every day this week and nothing at all scheduled today. So........ Is he even at the White House? Anyone got a live shot to see? Or is he in an "Alternate Undisclosed Location" this week, in case foreign policy actually FAILS right into a shooting war?

I find it very disturbing that he chooses THIS moment to pull a ghost routine. Any other moment in the last 4+ years....ANY other moment but this one. :shk:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I wonder if Obama gets an eMail while on vacation if it auto replies with an I am out of my office till Monday April 8th 2013, Please see Joe Biden with any and all inquiries.

That's all I got.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Come on, this is the new ATS - where you make suppositions based on emotions, not facts and bash even at the slightest hint of daylight... where's the fun in being objective??

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I mean, really people ... if you actually think that his schedule not being listed on there means that he has nothing scheduled, you're in dire need of a reality check.

Honestly, I dont give a damn about what his schedule looks like on a daily basis, as long as he's making an attempt to do the best thing to keep away from a nuclear exchange with NK.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

I think the reality check is that we have the movements of a major regional war and we apparently don't have a man running the nation and heading the United States Military who can't be bothered to work that with a direct focus. Is it vacation? Is it something else? Another member showed media schedules from newsrooms with detail the official White House site doesn't have.

(It's STILL empty this morning. All days this week. President and Vice President both)

Okay.... SO then I ask myself. In this day of sequesters and economic suffering, perhaps we have at least one job too many still being filled. Whoever is in charge of updating the status of the President for the People of the United States to be aware of. It's a small thing, but then, it's those small things that add up to success or failure. War or peace. Details and NOT handling them seems a trademark and hallmark of this man we've got running things.

Normally, thats just humor and a flaming idiot in the White House isn't that consequential. At the moment? Well.... for once I believe we're paying him a salary to *LEAD*..not follow and not just get updates. He's elected to *LEAD*. Leadership is what I don't see ....as I *DO* see the militaries of 4 major nations moving around each other and almost daring one another to take the first shot.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

EVERYTHING changed on the 31st ... What is normal now?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

EVERYTHING changed on the 31st ... What is normal now?

You honestly lost me on the reference to the 31st? What threshold are you talking about? Frankly, I've been so caught up between making my Korea series of threads here and maintaining my place and GPA at school, I missed any one event holding major importance over any other specific thing?

Absolutely no challenge meant in my question here....What did I miss for importance or a milestone?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You honestly lost me on the reference to the 31st? What threshold are you talking about? Frankly, I've been so caught up between making my Korea series of threads here and maintaining my place and GPA at school, I missed any one event holding major importance over any other specific thing?

You are not alone... There was no event, at least as far as it could effect the perceptions of the vast majority of people....

Lets call it a "change in plans" ... And leave it at that for now... Whether the changes are for the better or worse, remains to be seen.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Everyone's quiet right now when it comes to leaders it seems... Obama is no exception...

Either theres some really productive talks and negotiations going on behind the curtains at the highest levels or... its the famous calm before the storm.

Calm before the storm?

I'm thinking the storm will begin with a few earthquakes.

We won't have to wait long to find out.

DIA is a great hiding spot for Obama and his cohorts.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Today's schedule has hit the RSS feed, but still is not populated on the website calendar.

If ya have a reader, you can view it here: President's schedule feed

eh... looks like there are some bugs on the website. Today's schedule viewable at the address: www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/president. But if you click on the week view, it's not there.

Eh... bugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join