It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China places military on highest alert.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Yeah funny how Asians are coming in by the millions but Mexicans are the big issue or should I say red herring?

No offense to anyone here, just stating the obvious.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I would never expect China to defend NK. I still dont.

Why not? They did before. But I got a secret for you... come closer...

they are defending their continent... from US.

Oh realty? Just what is the US doing to N Korea? And we import cheap Chinese goods. We are keeping them in jobs....

I'd love it if you could give a genuine answer and not one cooked to perfection by Progressive worldviews.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by wondermost

The worrying thing is,will North Korea climb down?,personally I don't think that they can afford to,however,for the US to place missile cruisers off the coast is just plain antagonistic.OK NK only have themselves to blame should there be a strike against their nuclear facilities,but does the US really want the uncertainty of a potential Chinese response hanging over them?Not that I believe the Chinese would initiate hostilities against the US,as they seem to view NK as something of a spoilt brat themselves,however,just what treaties do they have in place with the North Koreans?

No, but it's a little like going up against the Soviets in Afghanistan, It had to be done through proxy and stealth(through Pakistan) so as to not set off a nuke war. Only this time N Korea is the aggressor and they have China to back them. It may be a bit more confrontational directly, like the Cuban Missile Crisis.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Yeah funny how Asians are coming in by the millions but Mexicans are the big issue or should I say red herring?

No offense to anyone here, just stating the obvious.

Virtually all the Asians have a very studious family life....

No one cares in the North West (mostly) your in PHD territory for the most part.... there's never a lack of Jobs for the ultra educated... when 2 PHDs of different races...working on micro chips or stem cells look for jobs they end up collaborators... when two guys looking for jobs laying brick... well only one guy gets it....

It's blue collar land in the SW..... a lot of the people from either end are of the uhhhh Humble side of life lol.... more likely to be racist, the economics stinks, very republican hard on the poor...

Lots of Hispanics in the NW too... they don't get the problem they do down in Arizona lol, Seattle.... wifi everywhere 11.00 an hr for fast food public transpo...legal weed.... Liberal, educated tech industry keeps the economy going in all but the most rural areas....

Smart people are never racist.... Asians got the luck of the draw on their landing strip in all reality

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Personally given all the posturing and manoeuvring of several nations here including three of the main powers, US, Russia and China I wouldn't be surprised if Kim and Pak are sitting back loving all the hype and attention they are causing.

On their part this could easily be yet another of their 'testing the waters' to see how far they can take things. In this case though they have a great deal more confidence that usual and are pulling out all the stops, this is the aspect that worries me about this particular flare up.

China will naturally defend NK for a number of reasons but who is to say they aren't secretly pushing NK to test how far the US is willing to go to hang onto SK given all the areas the US is already tied up with around the world and the looming Iran issues. China has made no secrets in the last year or so that they want greater influence in the region.

The greater question perhaps to consider is who stands to gain or lose the most if this conflict does erupt. NK wont gain much imo unless its increased financial backing and support post conflict from China and China lets them keep SK if they win! China in that regard gets rid of the biggest US influence in its immediate region and secures a region through NK. That's a pretty big bonus. Even if NK loses the conflict I cannot see China letting the US take one square inch of land more than NK originally had.

The US has a lot of important assets in SK not withstanding the massive amounts of financial aid they have given them over the years so they are more than likely unwilling to see all that swept away by a potential madman or a Chinese plot for control.

Or... this could all be a moot point and Kim and Pak are cooking everything up themselves and really are mad enough to spark a massive international event with potentially catastrophic results. It's not like it hasn't happened before!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Deserts always seem to turn people into morons over time too.... Just sayin

I think it's the lack of Omega 3's and Serotonin you get from a high seafood diet.... seriously

BBQ makes you fat and aggressive and if the fat clogs the arteries in your heart think of what it does to the capillaries in the brain!!!! Salmon makes a whole different society....

(sorry not meaning to derail) but anyone but me notice how ridiculous NK is getting as they run out of good fishing zones?

Someone should do a study on diet vs extremism... Seems to me the further people get from a good sea food diet...the more prone they are to rampant fundamentalism of one sort or another
edit on 2-4-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hmm, Asians are going to suffer discrimination in the west for this crap. They're the only ones that loses in the end.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectrumdez
Personally given all the posturing and manoeuvring of several nations here including three of the main powers, US, Russia and China I wouldn't be surprised if Kim and Pak are sitting back loving all the hype and attention they are causing.

Megalomania combined with extreme paranoia and confidence fueled by a highly filtered and skewed view of the world in the young North Korean leader makes this much more than a grand show to gain attention... It's the kind of stuff that drives this kind of person to believe they are invincible, and can conquer the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Nobody better mess with MY wonton soup or Toyota mechanic

edit on 2-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

In walks the oil industry with 'accidents' like the bp spills in both the gulf as well as china. Pollute the seafood.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah no kidding, they basically get free education, they get loans to build businesses on a temp visa..The Irony...Mexicans actually work to get an education.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Asians are smart and work hard, they contribute greatly to survival of the empire, something that is hardly the case with Mexicans.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Industrial accidents happen on land, and will happen on sea.
Why pollution on land any more excusable than pollution on sea?

People are eating bad food, irrespective of where it is produced.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

In walks the oil industry with 'accidents' like the bp spills in both the gulf as well as china. Pollute the seafood.

Heh

I don't think there is actual "intent" behind such things so much as a lack of recognition of the subtle in life...

The fall of Rome... syphilis... crazy leaders... no one at the time ever connected the madness to it's source.

Sanctions on food should be illegal in the end. Bad idea....

Low serotonin and thus dopamine levels... lack of B vitamins, nervous system disorders.... Maybe... Just maybe The people of North Korea might not think a fat 27 year old is a deity for very long if they could still think? And perhaps Americans should lay of the Mc Donalds

Civilization has doomed itself before many times to just as dumb things.... Bubonic plauge dark ages "Cats were demonic eh" Rome syphilis? The native Americans genocide or disease one must ask? The Mayans... obsession with Cocoa and Superstition.... the bearded gods arrived that time... Caffeine causes hallucinations in high doses don'tcha know.... speaking of which do Americans fall for paranoid media process simply because we consume way too much Coffee?

Never gave it thought before....

But cutting the NK diet down.... This was a bad Frackin Idea

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh realty? Just what is the US doing to N Korea?

We divided that country. We occupy half that country. We have for decades. What...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The South doesnt want to live under North Korea would you?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by antar

Industrial accidents happen on land, and will happen on sea.
Why pollution on land any more excusable than pollution on sea?

People are eating bad food, irrespective of where it is produced.

It's not excusable anywhere.... but reality dictates you are what you eat and realistically if I had to choose a survival diet that would leave society stable and mentally healthy.... I'd choose Fish and Florida citrus over beef and corn by behavioral results...

Diet and behavior....

The media hypes Mad Cow because of it's speed and obviousness.... but realistically as much as 80% of Alzheimer's may be Prion Causative

What percentage of the geriatric vote and make policy in America eh?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

We divided that country. We occupy half that country. We have for decades. What...

You're distorting the facts (again....surprise, surprise coming from you...).

Japan occupied all of Korea from 1910 to 1945.

At the end of WWI with the Japanese surrender, Korea was occupied by: Soviet Union and the US.

Guess which half each occupied?

But because you have been so bent on blaming and hating the US in all these NK threads, I guess you forgot that little fact, eh?

Korea was split up and divided by TWO, count 'em, TWO nations. Yes, us AND the USSR.

Would you like to keep distorting and leaving things out?

History of Korea

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So we saved HALF... kind of choosing the glass half empty scenario here by admonishing us on NK no?

We Are over the line... screwing with food supply.... it's inhumane and I am really starting to wonder what the results may actually be bringing in regards to no good.... Poor diet does = Crazy

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You're distorting the facts.

No I'm not. The US does occupy Korea. You deny that do you?

Korea was split up and divided by TWO, count 'em, TWO nations. Yes, us AND the USSR.

So we do occupy Korea? I wish you would make up your mind.

Kind of difficult to carry on conversation when someone changes their stance in just a sentence or two.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join