It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China places military on highest alert.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

well there is no official word and the China news is not saying it is for real nor is there proof , it is all linked back to what US source says , as if your believing this??? ok we will let you i give you www.beijingnews.net... from the link

China puts military on high alert amid North Korea's threat to attack

Beijing News.Net Tuesday 2nd April, 2013
China has put military forces on high alert in the northeastern part of the country, as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials have said.

Reports from the region revealed the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently increased its military posture in response to the heightened tensions.

The move also comes specifically after North Korea's declaration of a 'state of war' and threats to conduct missile attacks against the United States and South Korea.

Officials said the PLA has stepped up military mobilization in the border region with North Korea since mid-March, including troop movements and warplane activity, the Washington Times reports.

According to the report, China's navy also conducted live-firing naval drills by warships in the Yellow Sea that were set to end on Monday near the Korean peninsula, in apparent support of North Korea, which was angered by ongoing U.S.-South Korean military drills that are set to continue throughout April.

North Korea, meanwhile, is mobilizing missile forces, including road-mobile short- and medium-range missiles, according to officials familiar with satellite imagery of missile bases.

North Korea's government announced last week that since March 26 its missile and artillery forces have been placed on the highest alert status, the report added. (ANI)
and they are Laughing at us US thinking we know what they do. still looking for an official word before i think this is real any head line for a ASIA news source will have me convinced as long as it states it is from Beijing, and not from some US source.
here is an other source of China news usa.chinadaily.com.cn... did not find any word on this China places military on highest alert this is what was found search.chinadaily.com.cn... not even close. SCOCHA got you!!! you you've been PUNKED!!!

edit on 2-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Maybe they want to deter refugees rather than help them?

2nd

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Not true. The US drew lines with the Soviet Union all over the world during the Cold War and it never escalated into all out battle between the two of them.

That is half true they came to blows using proxy wars like Vietnam,Afghanistan in the 80s, and the Us and China has already gone at it the Korean war which was a proxy war for them.

Still is now China is still backing the North in fact it would be to China benefit if the South fell because it iit has resources China could exploit.

edit on 2-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

In a perfect world, I can agree with your assessment. However, I do not want to see a rerun of the Korean War. They laid in wait accross that border, and robbed the UN forces of complete victory. As far as I am concerned, that is a thorn in the side. I realize they were under the rule of a paranoid meglomaniac, but still history has tendency of repeating itself.

Or perhaps, they could use this situation as a reason to bloody the nose of the US like they did before? The US, South Korea, and their allies decapitate the North Korean regime. Victory is certain, and here we have China swarming in for a piece of the pie. Using hostile aggression to accomplish that aim. I want China to use some of their resources and manpower to help finish this thing once and for all in coordination with the other forces involved. That is my hope, but I cannot forget what happened in the past. That is main reason why we have been dealing with the clowns in North Korea for so long, and now they have nuclear weapons. They are just as much a threat to China's well being as they are to South Korea and beyond.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think your talking out your Asstronaut.

But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Let's just wait and see.

If so, then you can say you said so, But, . I think it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yea....sure China is setting up a defense against a U.S. invasion....

Please stop with the rhetoric and sensationalist posts. Its not always about U.S. imperialism. both have nothing to gain from invasion.

Economic wars are the new thing this age and China is winning for now. The only one spewing all out war is NK. if the U.S. wanted a war it would have already happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not to be vulgar, but if the male population of NK was lost in battle, there will be plenty happy Chinese men.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by intrptr

Yea....sure China is setting up a defense against a U.S. invasion....

Please stop with the rhetoric and sensationalist posts. Its not always about U.S. imperialism. both have nothing to gain from invasion.

Economic wars are the new thing this age and China is winning for now. The only one spewing all out war is NK. if the U.S. wanted a war it would have already happened.

Dude the doom fetishists will create every reason in the world China is some enemy that wants war with the USA.... basically because they are nutso...

NK is a pile of festering dung... China could care less if America is in the Koreas.... what? we will invade 1.5 BILLION people with a One Million Man army by foot? We have subs with warheads off the coast.... They have to deal with a crazy kid with Nukes on their border...a genuine potential nightmare... we are harmless to China they aren't stupid. It's competition... we place this here or there try to be stronger than the other...it's a game.... The NUT on their doorstep might EM the whole region and kill a Billion people for no reason lol

No one likes NK existing..... The whole world might actually come together for this one....

cept Iran.... LOL, we already gave Chavez Cancer

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by intrptr

Economic wars are the new thing this age and China is winning for now.

If we are in an economic war with China, then we have already lost. It is over. While Americans have been mostly oblivious to it, the largest transfer of manufacturing, wealth and power from the USA to the world, and mostly to China has already happened.

Cyber-war, cyber-espionage, and various covert aspects of the new age of war are where we are most likely headed, the problem is, that when critical systems, secrets, etc are comprised, it is no less an act of war, and could lead to real hostilities.

Military confrontations over the past decade or two, are in fact proxy wars, it isn't an accident that where there is a conflict that the USA involves itself in militarily, that either China or Russia and sometimes both are supporting the enemies, and/or opposition. Sometimes overtly and most of the time covertly... It is a game with high risks as well, that could lead to war. What is happening now in Korea is a part of that dangerous game.

Sure, no one likes to believe that WWIII is likely to happen, but it isn't just likely, and as long as the above continues the likelihood grows into an inevitability.
edit on 2-4-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
China would not strike against the west. the idea is a bit insane.
The economic impact on their nation would stagger them. Imagine millions upon millions becoming unemployed overnight when places like apple, Microsoft, etc pull out of their country.

I think a reasonable thought on this is that if NK crosses the line, China herself will simply move in and remove Jong, then occupy NK under China's rule before the west can run up and grab it. That doesn't scare me too much, China can be a intellectual pain in the ass, but I think they want war with us about as much as we do with them(aka, not at all).

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think China is just protecting it's borders as any country would.

IF a war breaks out then China is going to prepare for an attack, which is highly unlikely, I bet they are more concerned about a flood of refugees from NK.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
people really love talking about nukes... its like the ultimate phallus. Alrighty then...

well... since everyone likes to talk about nukes, a good place to drop them would be at sea - both on the navy stationed there and on top of the 7th (its within range, Its not that hard to deliver, its clean, and its a defensive action - and its an effective way of getting rid of a very powerful force in one blow... I mean... the 7th has what? 70 ships? 300 or 400 aircraft and 50 thousand men?). On land it makes no sense since they do want unification and if they really think they can win, they dont want to end up owning a dead zone.

Anyway... I'm really admiring the stance of china. Even after their movements they're impossible to read. They really should put people on the top levels of Poker cause this is a game no one can match. They're totally unreadable and unpredictable no matter what they do. And treaties and defense pacts mean nothing in times like these, and since everyone knows this, this also plays a key role on their "poker face".

2014 Oscar for the best actor is China. If the Oscars are still made in Hollywood by that time ofc... maybe they'll be made in China...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
well... since everyone likes to talk about nukes, a good place to drop them would be at sea -

Whereas I think a better place to drop them would be in the sun.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

If it detonated, would certainly be effective...but I hardly think we'd see it as "defensive"...

Also, I'm sure those Aegis-armed ships would have something to say about it....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well thats not a bad idea either... but that would be a waste. Since we have them, we could at least used them to power good spaceships at least. I'm against destroying nukes because they can be used for something actually useful for the advancement of mankind - until we get something better - and we have lots of nukes. At least Mars will be certain. And probably Titan, Europa... Io...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

After some time on the web looking for any China Mil actions, by or in ASIA news, this is the only thing found www.china.org.cn... form the link

Chinese army urged to strengthen combat preparedness

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 1, 2013

Adjust font size:

A senior Chinese military official has called on the armed forces to strengthen combat preparedness and ensure victories in wars.

Fan Changlong, vice chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), made the remarks during an inspection tour of troops stationed in east China's Jiangsu, Fujian and Zhejiang provinces.

The army should always maintain its readiness and fighting abilities to ensure victory, Fan said.

He urged all military staff to comprehend and implement the key points conveyed in a speech last month by Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the CMC.

"Military officers and soldiers must be absolutely loyal, pure and reliable, and firmly follow the directions of the Central Committee of the CPC, Central Military Commission and chairman Xi," Fan said.

Fan is also a Political Bureau member of the CPC Central Committee.

He urged military staff to step up training, especially in complex situations such as electromagnetic environment and field operations.

Training must be strict and targeted to meet real wartime needs rather than a show, he said.
so it is not a build up nor is there a Alert, just some US MSM spin on stepped up training. all news reports link back to the Free beacon article, not one shows it is from China nor from CPC nor from, Central Military Commission.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If it detonated, would certainly be effective...but I hardly think we'd see it as "defensive"...

Also, I'm sure those Aegis-armed ships would have something to say about it....

Wouldnt be launched alone of course... they have more than 150 mig 21s to swarm, plus their armament, plus conventional bm so they can overload the aegis, sacrifice a few 21s to get their big friend to 1000 / 1500 / 2000 feet. The mig 21 is still a very capable little aircraft specially with the latest mods done to them - a mosquito compared to the f22 that can climb faster, turn faster, its lighter and overall more "aggressive" and "nervous". Only a little (very little actually) slower than a 22- mach 2 vs mach 2.2. (ok so I'm partial... I love the 21s
)

Lets look at it as a "modern pearl harbour" so to speak... it could prove to be a devastating blow to the 7th.
edit on 2-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If the report of troops massing at the korean border is true, it could mean many things.

China preparing to assist NK if USA attack.
China preparing to whack Fatboy kimmy themselves.
China preventing any spill over effect from war in N.K.

One thing for sure is that China has no love for NK under the cowboy rulers there, whom had refused to listen to China's advice, and had even slapped China's face, for it had been China who back in 2007 reassured the world that lil' kim will give up on nukes if it is fed. They thought the world were fools and so easily convinced.

The world gave face to China and did accordingly. Today, Fatboy Kimmie screams at the top of his lungs that he had nukes and ready to use them and produce even more. China's leaders faces are stinging, with even their own citizens laughing at the lack of comprehension over geopolitical matters and human nature.

Fatboy kimmie is repeating the brinksmanship again. And no way the world is gonna listen and trust China once more if it calls for appeasement. The N.K. rotten eggs on the China leaders' faces stink.

China had never shown that they will let loose gun allies do as they wish. During the Vietnam war in '65 to '75, it had been china arms, fund and food that had kept the North Vietnamese Army alive for a decade. Yet, in '79, when Vietnam attempted to seize Cambodia - China's another puppet state - China sent waves and waves of human canon fodder to overwhelm the NVA and got them cowled.

That awesome and frightening display of China's might remains even today in the minds of the relative small armed NVA.

If China decides to teach Fatboy Kimmie a lesson, for sure, it would be an effective one that will last a lifetime for NK. Better him than the entire Asia Pacific states including Taiwan be nuclear armed. It may be facing thousands of nukes from there if Fatboy kimmie is allowed his nuke toys.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In a way your right but the Main target would be Pearl Harbor, take that out , and we have no way of refueling, rearming nor repairing the US fleet in the Pacific, they would have to sail back to the west coast or we would have to send ships form the west coast to resupply the Pacific fleet, this would take weeks,months do not days. there is Guam but i do not know if Guam has a ship yard like pearl does.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The biggest problem for both the U.S. and China in terms of war with each other is that of economy. China would lose one of its biggest customers if war happened between the two. China makes a lot of money from the U.S. dropping that for N.K. which has no real benefit to them (except as a buffer) would be a mistake.

In the terms of the U.S. it might take awhile and we would certainly lose some imports but maybe it would jump start our own production of goods again.

I am not really wanting war but all this school yard posturing is getting old. There is a term used where I am from that goes like this "Either crap or get off the pot". I agree with it. It is time to do this or shut the hell up so we can all get on with our lives and live in relative peace. The war machine is getting old and is tiring to think about. Throw the first punch and get it done and over with or turn around and go do your thing.

Maybe it would be a good thing to just do this. The U.S. could go back to producing goods again and we could drop the middle east crap do this and come back home where we belong defending home soil instead of grabbing oil in the sand dunes.

Raist

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join