It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China places military on highest alert.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Whats funny (well not funny) if you look at a map (just looked at Google maps) is that N. Korea is just mega-surrounded by foes on all sides - China, S. Korea, Japan.

If they wanted to, they can really just obliterate N. Korea.

Maybe it is kind of like the Chihuahua that likes to bark a lot and look all tough around big dogs because he is afraid.

I saw a documentary on N. Korea about a doctor who went in there to give free eye surgeries to blind people, so that they can see again. When they came to, and he took the bandage off and they were able to see again, the first thing they did was walk up to a picture of their (late) leader and started prostrating themselves to him, praising him in tears. They didn't even thank the doctor that did the operation. Each person did the same thing. It's really sad (and scary) how they got the citizens brain washed. And it's really sad to see some of the bad conditions that they live in. lack of infrastructure, starvation, etc.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by penninja

So we saved HALF...

No, we took half. If I understand you correctly. The hostility on here is deafening. People hurling insults and whatnot.

Ill play devils advocate with your kind of thinking.... in theory from the highest place of morality it's wrong, who the hell are we, we have no right...etc, etc et al... Every culture should exist, they should rule as they choose... on and on

But when said and done.... Life isn't fair, take away the sanctions, take away all we do picture NK at the best it's system could be and look at SK now....

I'd still rather die.... than live in a crap system like that with no expression, no joy, no color under the rule of some singular jerk who gets the position from his dad in 2013....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There will be wars and rumors of wars but the end is not yet. We still have a lot to see come true in Prophesy. We have yet to see the real beginning of sorrows.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

This is the same game the US (and others) played with Georgia and other "friendly/bought" states - it's about strategic defense placement, why?

To control and extort people of course! All you need to do is look at the world map, imagine you are a nation with the most high tech drone capable missile system and you want to start squeezing the world, what would you do? You would place missile systems, bases and controls under the guise of defending a people or nation all the while giving yourself the ability to target anything.

Full Spectrum Dominance.

Why was Russia pissed about Georgia, why is NK pissed off about SK, it's because they know what the US and it's allies is up to.

You only need enough of these around the world in key places to totally control the map.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
Whats funny (well not funny) if you look at a map (just looked at Google maps) is that N. Korea is just mega-surrounded by foes on all sides - China, S. Korea, Japan.

If they wanted to, they can really just obliterate N. Korea.

Maybe it is kind of like the Chihuahua that likes to bark a lot and look all tough around big dogs because he is afraid.

I saw a documentary on N. Korea about a doctor who went in there to give free eye surgeries to blind people, so that they can see again. When they came to, and he took the bandage off and they were able to see again, the first thing they did was walk up to a picture of their (late) leader and started prostrating themselves to him, praising him in tears. They didn't even thank the doctor that did the operation. Each person did the same thing. It's really sad (and scary) how they got the citizens brain washed. And it's really sad to see some of the bad conditions that they live in. lack of infrastructure, starvation, etc.

I saw this documentary. It was very strange to see them adulate the picture of Kim Jong IL instead of thanking the doctor. Did they do this because they were being video taped? There is tremendous fear of doing the wrong thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

It depends. You can have hundreds of bases all around the world if you have unlimited resources. Military is expensive.

If there is a resource crunch at any point, so much geographical spread may not be possible.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
China is more likely to move into NK than to try to combat the US.

I guarantee that this will all have settled over the next few months. There will be no war. NK are, as they always have done, beating their little chests.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

Even in cases when doesn't have an intention to participate, any country in the world would do that, in case of possibility of big war in countries neighboring to them.

I watched on TV that North Korea sent home workers from South Korea, who were working in near-border region of Korea North. They, interior and military, took the control upon all factories and companies in that area.
edit on 4/3/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

edit on 4/3/2013 by dragnik because: edit

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Autocrat14

Everybody knows US does not want this war. Everybody knows this war is a waste of resources.

Despite that there are actions being taken by parties involved akin to an escalation.

There is no doubt NK's leaders are desperate. There is a strong suicidal tendency in Korean society; NK's leadership is an extreme case of that.

However we cannot ignore that it is not easy to build nukes and rockets to carry them; so obviously there is a hidden hand here. It almost seems that a confrontation is happening by design.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by Aazadan

Wow I never thought about the ghost cities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANNEX?!

Maybe they built them in anticipation of a massive influx of work-ready immigrants from NK that will genuinely appreciate the wages, workers rights and food availability(compared to home) in China!

Damn now I think China is considering going for it!

Wow....never connected those two......hard to say....things are going into the realm of the surreal.....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I will have to reread your post later, I am only on my first pot of the day... I know I started out one cup a day, but over the years it has become one pot a day now, or more...

If I quit somoking and drinking coffee I would have to be granted Sainthood, and I am not ready for that responsibility... yet...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Everybody knows US does not want this war. Everybody knows this war is a waste of resources.

Despite that there are actions being taken by parties involved akin to an escalation.

There is no doubt NK's leaders are desperate. There is a strong suicidal tendency in Korean society; NK's leadership is an extreme case of that.

However we cannot ignore that it is not easy to build nukes and rockets to carry them; so obviously there is a hidden hand here. It almost seems that a confrontation is happening by design.

Wars are, often, chance to empty warehouses of old arms, and to make conditions to order the new ones. Than, to prove some tactics, weapons, and similar.
Next, suicidal tendencies are much higher in some countries of Europe, at north, and in Hungary, Baltic Republics, and in some other regions of other countries.
Nukes? Who doesn't have nukes nowdays? Serbia, and few more countries. They are for 'kingdom of god'...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I think it is more that they have old traditional values and like the Jewish did a few generations ago, support the young and see to it that they are well educated and become professionals that in turn help the next generation of children to be supported into adulthood with responsibility, educational discipline and financial support.

In the tradition of the middle class American family, all of us have heard the famous saying applied to anything you ask for or need, "Ah, I had to work for my first~~~, and by God you can too!"

In the traditional American family, there is no real support system other than to kick your ass out at 18 and send you packing to make your own life, GET A JOB, buy your first piece of s@#! car that has more breakdowns than fill ups with gas, and LOADS of stories about how they managed to raise you and bought their first home as well as kept up on all their bills, never took credit, paid the bank mortgage on time every time without fail, paid insurance before it was a law to have it, and NEVER, never took any handouts for any reason!!!

This mentality and lack of support has created the current state of our educational system, and the millions who now do accept handouts and welfare, foodstamps and choose to call it instead a handup..
edit on 3-4-2013 by antar because: n

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

If the crisis de-escalates - good.

If it does not, it will sap patience of SK as well as US. Being in readiness 24x7 in a hair-trigger situation is not nice.

Let us all hope the situation resolves peacefully.

I for one do not believe that China will sit back and watch while NK gets total pounding if war does break out.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Ill play devils advocate with your kind of thinking.... in theory from the highest place of morality it's wrong, who the hell are we, we have no right...etc, etc et al... Every culture should exist, they should rule as they choose... on and on

Can I move into your front yard and live there permanently? I'll just use the bathroom on occasion. Store my stuff in the garage... you don't mind? Think the neighbors would mind? It's not a perfect world after all.

To play the "other devils" advocate, if the argument is that the "North" threatens to invade the "South" and that is "wrong", but we already invaded the South. So its "okay" for us to hold our sovereignty and to occupy other countries, just complain about others, wait... occupying their own?

But when said and done.... Life isn't fair,

Is that what makes it okay?

I'd still rather die.... than live in a crap system like that with no expression, no joy, no color under the rule of some singular jerk who gets the position from his dad in 2013....

Its their "crap pile"... not ours. Can't apply a double standard to everyone because we disapprove of their "system". Our system is to make their system an even bigger crap pile, right? With Armies and bombs? In the name of improving it? Okaaay...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You have a good point and here is china's reaction www.china.org.cn...

China, US vow to advance inter-military ties

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 3, 2013

Adjust font size:

Chinese State Councilor and Defense Minister Chang Wanquan and U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel vowed on Wednesday to advance military ties between their countries.

In a telephone conversation, Chang congratulated Hagel on his appointment as Pentagon chief.

Chang said that military ties are an important part of the overall bilateral relationship between the two countries and that developing inter-military ties is not only the consensus between Chinese and U.S. leaders, but also the common wishes of the defense departments and armies of the two countries.

Chang also said China attaches great importance to its military ties with the United States.

China is willing to work with Washington to address their inter- military ties within the framework of building a cooperative Sino-U.S. partnership, earnestly respect each other's core interests and deal with each other's grave concerns, increase strategic mutual trust through dialogue and consultation and deepen practical cooperation between their militaries, in an effort to advance toward the goal of building a new-type Sino-U.S. military relationship of equality, mutual benefit and win-win cooperation, he said.

Agreeing to Chang's appraisal of the Sino-U.S. military ties, Hagel said that China and the United States have common interests and that the two sides should join hands to advance their inter-military ties that are facing new historic opportunities.

Hagel also invited Chang to visit the United States at a convenient time this year.
I think Un is about to get his arse kicked.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poundpuppy

to that i say Bring it enough games and crap if it is going to happen let and let it be now tired of putting pop corn in thinking this is it when it is a plop in the toilet again. Time is now to short them all out. so be it Bring it.
Little Un is about to find out , you can not make loud noise hoping it will not be heard, Kim pan head , likes nukes Jong Un is about to find out that China has had it SK has had it as well as the US. I do think that now Un will, be backing down and we will wait for the next little heathen to throw a rant. Iran?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

You have a good point and here is china's reaction www.china.org.cn...

China, US vow to advance inter-military ties

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 3, 2013

Adjust font size:

Chinese State Councilor and Defense Minister Chang Wanquan and U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel vowed on Wednesday to advance military ties between their countries.

In a telephone conversation, Chang congratulated Hagel on his appointment as Pentagon chief.

Chang said that military ties are an important part of the overall bilateral relationship between the two countries and that developing inter-military ties is not only the consensus between Chinese and U.S. leaders, but also the common wishes of the defense departments and armies of the two countries.

Chang also said China attaches great importance to its military ties with the United States.

China is willing to work with Washington to address their inter- military ties within the framework of building a cooperative Sino-U.S. partnership, earnestly respect each other's core interests and deal with each other's grave concerns, increase strategic mutual trust through dialogue and consultation and deepen practical cooperation between their militaries, in an effort to advance toward the goal of building a new-type Sino-U.S. military relationship of equality, mutual benefit and win-win cooperation, he said.

Agreeing to Chang's appraisal of the Sino-U.S. military ties, Hagel said that China and the United States have common interests and that the two sides should join hands to advance their inter-military ties that are facing new historic opportunities.

Hagel also invited Chang to visit the United States at a convenient time this year.
I think Un is about to get his arse kicked.

Looking that way now, lets hope it doesn't and if it does
the little un doesn't fire off a nuke somewhere!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think it's lack of motivation from both the parents and the U.S. Government. All people want are handouts, if they don't have some type of goal from working, you will most likely see them at the county G.R. office....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 3-4-2013 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join