It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China places military on highest alert.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

So we saved HALF...

No, we took half. If I understand you correctly. The hostility on here is deafening. People hurling insults and whatnot.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

The South doesnt want to live under North Korea would you?

You took a vote did you?

I don't recall the ocupie "eee" ever voting for "occupation". Unless they are collaborators that is.

They occupiers are the ones saying, its "okaaay". Heres some money, suppress the people for us. Squash dissent. Give them trinkets if they cooperate. Bribe the "officials". Imprison the outspoken. Rear the children on propaganda. The US is our benefactor. Brainwash the masses. Work... spend... consume.

There is this playbook. I think it was called "1984".

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok...my two cents now, respecting obviously all other interesting&different points of view here:

First »»» This entry ban at Kaesong Complex is not unprecedented - South Koreans were also denied access in March 2009 because of US-South Korea military exercises.

Second »»» None of the great powers on that Area such China, Japan, SK, Russia and even US would be the first to spark the flames. If anyone would do that (and i really hope not, thus im not 100% convinced yet) for sure its NK.

Third »»» China from many years till now has been very tolerant and "pacifist" (excuse me the metaphoric word) regarding conflicts and wars. Chinese people are in a way peaceful and non-beligerant.
For those who dont remember in last FYR War in 1999, by mistake US&NATO bombarded and totally destroyed with sadly loss of human life (Chinese Staff) inside, the Chinese Embassy at Belgrad.
For some hours and days the World remained in silence and anxious about what would be the Chinese answer to that "Act of War"...Nothing has happened, except some violent retoric, thankfully.
China again stressed very precisely, that they dont want to engage in any war!

And to be very honest, my real own belief is that China are really starting to get annoyed and will no longer put up with Baby Kim.
Even deceased and proud Left-Communist H.Chavez once called him the "Silly Small Fatty"...

edit on 3-4-2013 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
China trying to a avoid a refugee crisis.Taking over NK would be an interesting idea but,it could escalate the situation even more so.No way the US and SK would want China right there on their doorstep.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I think right now they would take China any day over little Kim. There is nothing wrong with having China as a neighbor, besides the pollution that is. Once they pollute their country enough, they will learn. Didn't we all learn this the hard way? They are just playing catch up right now.

So what do you feel is wrong about having China next door?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
China has good reason to go on alert. If NK attacks, China is in the best position to deal with it. There's many benefits to China being the one to invade NK too.

First, they've been trying to years to show the world they're a major power. Yet they haven't used their military.

Second, South Korea can't economically absorb all of the North and China would like a buffer zone. They would look good in the eyes of the world if they "help" part of NK modernize with the goal being to turn the land over to SK eventually.

Third, if they step in there's a reduced US presence in the area. If NK is quickly defeated the US has no reason to remain in SK at all.

Fourth, China needs to keep building to maintain it's economy. Rather than build ghost cities, why not rebuild Korea and get paid for it in the form of debt?

If China mobilizes it won't be on NK's side.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

North Korea delays access to Kaesong industrial zone

North Korea stepped up pressure on Seoul by delaying access to a joint industrial park in a move that could trap hundreds of South Korean workers on the northern side of the world's most militarized border.

www.reuters.com...

Sorry that I've all but failed to take part in my own thread for quite some time now. This darned economy has me working some ridiculous hours.

I can't believe noone has commented on this yet. This has been the back breaker according to some on other threads I've read recently. Well, it's been updated by Reuters now, so......

N.Korea halts entry

Well, they've closed it now. Good news is they are gonna let the S. Koreans go home instead of holding them hostage.

I dunno, it's starting to look like this thing could blow any day now.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I would want to believe you are right. However it is unlikely.

North Korea is a mirror of what China was before it opened up. China's ideological roots are identical to North Korea's.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost

Originally posted by knightrider078
www.reuters.com...

Well, they've closed it now. Good news is they are gonna let the S. Koreans go home instead of holding them hostage.

It is good news, considering NK has something of a reputation for abducting citizens of other countries. The conspiracy part of me wonders if the reports of people staying behind (presumably because "they may stay because NK won't let them in tomorrow") is more than it appears...Only 3 cars out of an expected 81 people left at one point. That's a lot of dedicated workers, if no nefarious plot is going on.
Here's a link to a reporter-on-location's twitter. About an hour ago they tweeted "Gates have opened up again on the road leading to Kaesong." then about 40 min ago they stated "At 2p local, 3 more cars drove out of Kaesong. There were supposed to be 81 people. They may be staying bc NK won't let them in 2mrw". So is it re-opened or still closed?
[Credit for finding the twitter account goes to Xarian6]
edit on 3-4-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: credit where credit is due

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Wow I never thought about the ghost cities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANNEX?!

Maybe they built them in anticipation of a massive influx of work-ready immigrants from NK that will genuinely appreciate the wages, workers rights and food availability(compared to home) in China!

Damn now I think China is considering going for it!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

That is quite awkward. One minute it looks like the bottom has fallen out, and the next? I don't know what the heck is going on, but we're only getting little bits of what they want us to know, obviously.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Let's do this already!!!!! Let's just go ahead and annihilate each other, and make their wishes come true. Let's continue to hate each other, because they said we should, and let's all march off to war, and kill off 80% of our species, for them. Let's keep fighting their wars, for no reason at all. We don't deserve to live on this planet anymore!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

I can't take credit for the twitter link
It was posted on another forum that i may or may not be able to speak of.. you know the drill

I don't buy the line that's being fed to us by the "ministry".. I don't buy it at all.. and if it's true that the company's asked (more like forced methinks) folks to stay.. that's almost criminal negligence, and kidnapping in itself.

Any sane worker, given the actual "threat" made.. which was "close down Kaesoeng, *then* destroy Seoul and USA bases" you'd think they'd be chomping at the bit to get home, just in case.. this.. this doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

= possible hostage situation..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
^exactly. I could see a few people having the balls to willingly stay, but not a large majority. The few that did leave may be for appearances. Couple the fact that it's odd, with NK's reputation of holding hostages for various reasons....yeah.
It's been said that in the past they have abducted SK citizens for the sake of stealing their identities for spy use (among other nefarious reasons)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Not to Phage this thread, but let's take a look at US and China relations:

WASHINGTON D.C. —The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has unanimously passed additional sanctions on North Korea, including measures aimed at North Korean trading, finance and travel. The resolution, drafted by the United States and China, comes today amid worries about possible provocations by North Korea in response to joint U.S. and South Korean military exercises.

Both the U.S. and Chinese ambassadors to the U.N. applauded the measures.

Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador, said the “The strength, breadth, and severity of these sanctions will raise the cost to North Korea of its illicit nuclear program and further constrain its ability to finance and source materials and technology for its ballistic missile, conventional, and nuclear weapons programs.”

For his part, the Chinese ambassador, Li Baodong, said the resolution was “a very important step…a reflection of the view and determination of the international community,” while also saying “adoption of the resolution itself is not enough. We want to see full implementation of the resolution.”

Article dated March 7th.

Cui Tiankai, the newly anointed Chinese ambassador to the United States........talked about his opinions on China's relationship with its neighboring Asian countries and said the country will not use force unless necessary in light of conflict.

Cui also commented on his counterpart, US ambassador to China Gary Locke, who was criticized for showing off his frugal lifestyle after photos of him buying coffee at Starbucks were posted online. Cui said he told Locke in person that he also bought his coffee with his own money and ate at small restaurants near his office. The only difference is that photos of him doing this was not posted on the internet.

A true diplomat. Place your points succinctly. From the same article:

On China's conflicts with its neighboring countries, Cui took an analogy from Chinese martial art fiction and said the country is a true swordsman who will not unsheath his sword over an unpleasant word or two. Swordsmen who are easily provoked are only ordinary people, he added.

This is China's ambassador to the US. He's not talking aggressively at all.

If China has a stance, it's allied with the US. Not North Korea.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I believe china believes the US will nuke NK if NK fires a nuke at the US or US allies and is putting there military on high alert to deal with radioactive fallout coming from NK.

My understanding(i live outside a major navy research base.) is that the US will pound the NK military with conventional weapons till the north gives up and there great leader is dead.
No going in with ground forces till they give up completely then it will be UN forces..

If the US does use a nuke it would be a very small 1 to 5 KT bunker buster to get there great leader.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm just gonna start posting updates as they happen because something new is coming out every hour now.

Link

China expresses "serious concerns" while meeting officials from U.S., North and South Korea. Looks like the principle has called in all the trouble makers on the playground for a little talk.

edit on 3-4-2013 by wondermost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

everytime i drink coca cola i feel like i've been posioned, get off that crap bro

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
all this talk and no action.......

Everyone is talking about what is happening, and what could happen, but no ones is talking about what we can do about it, or how we can prepare...

i think those are much more important issues

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join