It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true intentions of the Jim Carrey controversy (Stop taking sides!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Honestly, you'd think people would wake up to how manufactured division is carried out.

Mainstream media! HELLO!

I don't have all the answers, but I want to share a thought--a thought that comes easily and obviously to me, and everyone else seems to be overlooking and ignoring.

Fox news--one of the most bias and crooked news networks on television, even by mainstream terms--rips Jim Carrey apart because of his "cold dead hand" song.

Yes. Jim Carrey was making fun of people who own guns, particularly in the south..

This is how Fox News presented the story;

Yeah, Jim Carrey ticked me off a bit too. Being a southern American girl who loves her guns, its kinda offensive.

But some of the hate-driven crap I've seen on youtube is mind numbing, and it tends to rile you up for nothing.

You know what else has that emotionally blackmailing effect on you?

When Obama stands on stage with crying children in order to emotionally traumatize the nation into surrendering its guns.

Here is some advice to those of you who truly seek enlightenment and truth;

If you ever find yourself emotional because of something you heard on the news;

That means its working.

That means they have you where they want you. That emotional reaction is planned by them, for you. Its all part of a bigger agenda. They bet on your emotional longing to want to do something, but at the same time, they also bet that you'll be too lazy to give a decent amount of thought to your own beliefs, so they present emotional news stories on television in order to provide you with an opinion.

My point here is this;

If you don't stay objective when emotionally provoking things like Jim Carrey's ranting and immature mocking of gun owners occur, then you will be a victim. You are thinking and feeling something that someone WANTS you to think or feel.

Do you know why the gay marriage debate got everyone so riled up recently?

Because the government needed some kind of emotional distraction--a sensitive soft spot for the country to debate on, if you will--so that they could sign the Monstanto Protection Act into play without anyone giving it a second glance or a single question.

And now, the same kind of emotional blinding is taking place with this Jim Carrey stuff.

Do I know exactly what they're doing behind the curtain while they blow Jim Carrey out of whack?

Nah.

But I swear--mark my words, ATS--something else WILL pop up on the radar soon, something like the Monstanto Protection Act, something that was taken into play while everyone was distracted by Fox news and Jim Carrey, and something that will be, once recognized, too late to act against.

Stay objective, level headed, and don't let the media rile you up.

They are made of lies and propaganda. You have to be a blatant idiot to take mainstream media seriously.

That's all, God bless ATS.

edit on 1-4-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He's part of the hypocritical movement of the Hollywood elite. Bet your ass his guards have guns. No one in hollywierd walks the streets without guards. He is very hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Gun control never works the way people intend it too unless it's for more sinister purposes. This guy seems to have the right idea.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxXIf you ever find yourself emotional because of something you heard on the news;

That means its working.

So true, and so sig worthy.

Why is it so important to get worked up over what an actor says about guns, for or against? The whole gun thing over the last few months troubles my spider-senses; It just feels like classic misdirection.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I posted in a thread earlier with just about the same, exact, sentiments. It is just something stupid to keep the zombies busy arguing while something fishy is happening somewhere... Excellent post :-)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

people are quite happy to cry "sensationalism" when they disagree with something that emotionally affects them, but then completely agree with sensationalistic things that cater to their own beliefs.

the "conservative" and "liberal" news media divide the country by using this tactic. hate and anger is channeled at the other side instead of at the puppet master.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by Bob Sholtz

To me, it seems that this "liberal "conservative"... Or "republican" "democrat" non sense needs to stop too. Its not about the left or the right, or the repubs or democrats... Its about those in places of power and greed. Period. The political stuff is nothing more than a dog show. Its meant to distract in the same way the OP points out that things like "jim carrey" and whoever else are distracting us.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Agreed OP. I hear Roseanne has spilled the beans on whats really going on in Hollywood.

Roseanne interview

Just go check out Jim Carrey's twitter page if you wanna see how nutters this guy really is. Its because he isn't in control me thinks.....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

MSM news appealing to people's emotions?

Never!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Yes, just like an Obama Administration official came out and said North Korea is just empty threats yesterday, and now today they announce very briefly on the news that the U.S. is positioning missile defenses near the N.K./S.K. border. Slight of hand. Be watchful of everything these days friends....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Seems that you guys know the deal, but sadly most others around me don't. Thank God for ATS.

Agreed OP. I hear Roseanne has spilled the beans on whats really going on in Hollywood.

Roseanne interview

I always loved her like a role model... I think I adore her more now.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've missed why this is important along with others. He's a comedian, this was satire/comedy (albeit with an edge so sharp it would cut wood). I've laughed my tail off at some of the Conservative skits made to really have fun with Obama and others on that side ..and I've laughed even harder a couple times when MSM got all worked up over it.

Same here...and Fox needs to focus on those important things. Like wars and rumors of war ...or perhaps an economy of a self-sustaining spiral into a hard crash. These little details of life ... Who cares what a comedian sang about gun control? He doesn't set policy.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I agree this is a good distraction as it did peeve me off too as I dont think it was the right way to make his opinion heard, but I did consider that he is Canadian. He really may just be about peace.. He says pistol's and shotguns are one thing so that kills Alex's "he has bodyguards theory" but no need for assault rifles.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

If you don't stay objective when emotionally provoking things like Jim Carrey's ranting and immature mocking of gun owners occur, then you will be a victim. You are thinking and feeling something that someone WANTS you to think or feel.

You're preaching to the choir here. But, sadly we are in the minority. The educational system and television "education" have made what you're asking for close to impossible.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I agree this is a good distraction as it did peeve me off too as I dont think it was the right way to make his opinion heard, but I did consider that he is Canadian. He really may just be about peace.. He says pistol's and shotguns are one thing so that kills Alex's "he has bodyguards theory" but no need for assault rifles.
reply to post by cass1dy09

Maybe, but the reason so many people become infuriated by the opinion of this celebrity is because the opinions of celebrities strongly influence many people, and such an ignorant opinion being indoctrinated into people has the potential to anger some of us.

Even if he has nothing to do with the propaganda distraction, slide-a-hand stuff, he is being exploited. Just like the shoot-em-up school tragedies.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

You're preaching to the choir here. But, sadly we are in the minority. The educational system and television "education" have made what you're asking for close to impossible.

It takes the right shocking revelation for people to choose to turn off their televisions, and dare to let their own thoughts govern their minds for once. But if I can do it, anyone can.

Thing is, there's no telling who will and who won't, and some people are simply mentally incapable of doing so, while others are stubborn to the point where they truly believe everything on television is right and true.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

For most people humor stops when they are the ones being made fun of.

Relax, take a chill pill. It´s just a parody.

I love Mr. Carrey for all his wonderful work, and I don´t think he wants to be taken all too seriously here.

Of course there is a message in there, but you are free to disagree. I don´t get what the fuzz is all about.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
You're right, there shouldn't be any sides. If Jim Carrey or anyone else not born in this country doesn't like it's laws, deport them back to their country of origin.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Fox news--one of the most bias and crooked news networks on television, even by mainstream terms...

And, right after that attack on Fox news:

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Stay objective, level headed, and don't let the media rile you up.

Rings hollow, IMO.
Fox News may seem to be biased because it delivers what other alphabet clowns refuse.
In this particular case, your outrage at that idiot's video was shared by Fox News staff and none other networks. Who is biased now?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Wait a minute.
Are you telling me an American Citizen used his right to free speech? And now there's a controversy?
How interesting. Is this the first time something like this has happened?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join