It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoary ATS Cliches

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
''Just sayin''

''My 0.2 cents''

''Wow, just wow''

''there'll be a sceptic that comes along and says it's a chinese lantern/swamp gas any minute now''

''deny ignorance''

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"Momma said..."
Second line

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion
Not sure if this has been added already but..
"New studies confirm the Mayan Calendar days were actually____the new end of the world is in_____!!"

The tomato wrote the calender, not the Mayans... where have you been? There was a report about this last week on Fox news, sorry... I'll find the link later, I don't have the time right now, but although I hate to be the bearer of bad news... your logic is flawed

Originally posted by 0rbital
''My 0.2 cents''

Had my sig since the day I joined... I'm a millionaire and since Canada stopped using pennies, I'm trying to get rid of them all.. can't even give them away now. Perhaps my sig should read IMHO?? IDK but if it's annoying, I can change. I promise! Just give me a chance here

IMHO, IDK bout U but sometimes those anagrams get to me too M8

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Or even worse, "nothing to see here, go back to sleep!!"

That's just laziness in my book!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Or the best

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but......

You know the level of nonsensical tripe you are about to be hit with, probably isn't worth the effort

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

* Mods, I know this isn't in the right place...*

* Mods, feel free to move this..*

If you know it's in the wrong place...why post it there? What makes you think we needed your permission?!

Just a few of my peeves.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So the government is out to get you and always wrong. But when it comes to whether a tomato is a fruit or vegetable you bend over and take the supreme courts response in regards to the matter. The mighty tomato exposing the trolls and pro government troopers one day at a time.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital
''Just sayin''

''My 0.2 cents''

''Wow, just wow''

''there'll be a sceptic that comes along and says it's a chinese lantern/swamp gas any minute now''

''deny ignorance''

Since we are tomato specific nazis here:

It's 2 cents not .2cents. .2 cents. Is 1/5 a cent. Not the two cents you are thinking

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
False flag alert!

THAT one. ATS noob here but the haste in which everything is determined by some individuals to be a false flag is just stunning. I really wonder how they live not believing that anything could really happen in the world without it being a "false flag". It's the first phrase that pops up in my head when I think of the horror that is the GLP (well that and doom of some sort).

I am guilty of using partial Latin but only two phrases: "ad hominem" and "caveat emptor". I just figure calling out a fallacy for what it is and asking them to address the relevant things that I offered is better than saying...well, a lot of things that wouldn't be considered polite conversation on a public forum. :
As for "caveat emptor", I just like the way it sounds and it's a good reminder of a very old maxim that we tend to forget. The use of the Latin is a reminder that some things have been true throughout time. If it's a problem, I could try to post entirely in Latin but I think the mods would grow to hate me very quickly.

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I love it when someone spouts what is obviously ten minutes of research of Wikipedia and acts like they are world reknowned experts in a subject.

Almost feel sorry for them sometimes.

CX.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The use of the word "proverbial", as in:

"When the $#%& hits the proverbial fan"

I can't stand it!

It's like nails on the proverbial chalkboard!

"SCREEEEEE!"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I heard from a reliable source that......
edit on 2-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi, I haven't read the OP or any comments, but I have to comment and I think you are wrong.

2nd line
edit on 2/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: ------ I hate people leaving no reason for their edit. Get creative, folks

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just out of the blue, no offense, and no unearned respect (
you sure remind me of the member Taucetizeta.

Like I said.....
edit on 4/2/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"The moon landing was a hoax"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

BRAVO!

Well said, sir.
You are this weeks internet hero

This needed to be said.
I could add about 8 pages to this.

again, BRAVO.

ENCORE! ENCORE!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I'm creative... I contend that we actually have gone into space - but that the moon is actually fake... a plot initiated by the Vatican to railroad that Galileo guy.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

How can the moon be fake?

It's a real spaceship.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In a more general sense, I take issue with people presenting THEORIES as FACTS ( or worse, opinion as fact.)

While i enjoy sites like ATS and the "weird" in general, I also understand that you must approach ALL of it as a skeptic.

So, my "cliche", in the loosest sense of the word (and it's loose): The seemingly mentally ill and their ramblings.

Angels, Aliens, Ghosts, Demons, the illuminati (not the actual illuminati, mind you, but it's modern conspiracy tinged incarnation as seen on ATS and in countless asinine, idiotic comments around the web.),et al.
GREAT for discussion... fun to talk about... but NO PROOF.
YOU CAN'T MAKE DEFINITIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT THESE THINGS.

i am SICK and TIRED of people making definitive statements about things that are, at best, theoretical.
I keep a folder of links to these sorts of items. I call it my "Proof of Insanity" folder.

The issue is, honestly, the crazies drowning out the legitimate discussions and research... Not only that, but alos the crazies being the "face" of sites like ATS (or C2CAM, etc)

ALSO

People who quote the BIBLE in reference to EVERYTHING.
The bible is an interesting historical document (the old testament only) but, really, has no place in the discussion.
It isn't PROOF of anything. It shouldn't be an answer to answer question, nor is it predicting anything else.

irks me.

Religion is nonsense.
Just stop quoting it at me thinking it means something.
Most of you have no idea what it means anyway.

Rant over.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join